New clubs in the East of Scotland

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
11 minutes ago, Marten said:
Time will tell I guess, but this is what I heard. Regardless, it's clear that Tayport want to join the ML as they have stated so publicly. I'd assume that will be respected in the same way that Luncarty (if they find themselves in ML territory due to being above the HL/LL divide) will likely be allowed to remain EOS if they so wish.

No club will be obligated to move leagues if they fall the wrong side of the agreed boundary. That's only right.

That applies to clubs already in existing senior leagues but if the line is applied then will Tayport be obligated to join the EOS rather than the ML?

2 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

That applies to clubs already in existing senior leagues but if the line is applied then will Tayport be obligated to join the EOS rather than the ML?

There is no way they would've withdrawn their application before getting assurance on that.

I very much doubt they will force any club to change leagues.

1 minute ago, patriot1 said:

Tayport are going to be one of the founding members of the Midland(s) League. Agreements between the Midland(s) and other leagues don't exist until the league does. You might as well spend time worrying about which came first the chicken or the egg.

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

What's your issue with that club Lurker ?

They appear to be well organised and ambitious...... the players are well capable of tier 7 Fitbaw.

Don't think a second Bo'ness club should be allowed to cohabit at Newtown Park unless Bo'ness United approve of it and my understanding is they don't and feel they were misled by Linlithgow Thistle as to what the future arrangements were going to be.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

6 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Nothing is "officially confirmed" until rubber stamped by the SFA, which should be a formality.  Hopefully the Tayside clubs can all pull together on this, I understand they're not all singing from the same hymn sheet yet.

Bonnyrigg's licensing was supposed to be a formality, until they invented the floodlight pish at the last minute. So with the SFA is always safer to wait and hope. 

Bonnyrigg's licensing was supposed to be a formality, until they invented the floodlight pish at the last minute. So with the SFA is always safer to wait and hope. 
Yes, I'm quite confident now tbh but with the SFA you just never know what they come up with.

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't think a second Bo'ness club should be allowed to cohabit at Newtown Park unless Bo'ness United approve of it and my understanding is they don't and feel they were misled by Linlithgow Thistle as to what the future arrangements were going to be.

The original stated intention of Bo'ness United Juniors was to provide Junior football for the town, once again, and to be a feeder for the Senior team. 

However, you didn't have to be a clairvoyant to realise that the lifespan of the Junior League was limited, whether the clubs decided to turn Senior this season or in 5 years time, so you have to wonder at the long term plan. 

Obviously, other than turning Amateur, Bo'ness United Juniors had no other option than to go Senior. They have good enough players and the setup to do so. I would say, though, that, even if they still intend to be a feeder club, playing at the same stadium, that they should change their name to Bo'ness Thistle (going on the logic that they were Linlithgow Thistle before) and keep a separate identity. 

21 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hows it any different to any other ground share. It's no different to falkirk and shire

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Have the Shire ever agreed to be part of Falkirk's player pathway as the way to share a stadium?

Things change. They are an ambitious club who want to join seniors. So yes they have started put as being the junior club. But the grade isnt there anymore. So they are rebranding themselves and sharing a stadium. Which neither side own

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...but one side has played in since 1886 if you trace it back through one of the two clubs that amalgamated in 1945 to form Bo'ness United.

Falkirk have played at the stadium since 2004 or 05. Shire only went there a few years ago. Bsc Glasgow only went to alloa a few years ago. Alloa been there since Adam was a boy

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I believe Bo'ness Athletic is the new name.

A change in the club's name was a prerequisite, if "Athletic" wanted to be accepted into the EoSL.

Ground sharing will therefore be acceptable, subject to a formal agreement between the clubs concerned..