New clubs in the East of Scotland

Just now, Burnieman said:
28 minutes ago, Marten said:
That does suggest that all Tayside applicants have either withdrawn their application and/or told to join the ML.

Tayport withdrew and the other 3 were rejected.

Ok, thanks for telling me that. That gives me even more hope there will be a ML in the pyramid from next season as otherwise the EOS might have had a different view.

17 minutes ago, Marten said:

Ok, thanks for telling me that. That gives me even more hope there will be a ML in the pyramid from next season as otherwise the EOS might have had a different view.

No reason for that not to happen.  The EoS and ERJFA are already talking about boundaries.

16 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

No need for hope mate. There already is, that’s the reason Tayport withdrew their application. 

12 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

No reason for that not to happen.  The EoS and ERJFA are already talking about boundaries.

I know that and the news I hear over here is very positive too. But considering how the pyramid stuff has gone in recent years I won't take anything for granted until it's officially confirmed. That might just be my cautions nature though. 😂

Just now, Marten said:

I know that and the news I hear over here is very positive too. But considering how the pyramid stuff has gone in recent years I won't take anything for granted until it's officially confirmed. That might just be my cautions nature though. 😂

Nothing is "officially confirmed" until rubber stamped by the SFA, which should be a formality.  Hopefully the Tayside clubs can all pull together on this, I understand they're not all singing from the same hymn sheet yet.

19 - Tayside 4 = 15 so assuming that has happened and if it has been whittled down further beyond that to12 that means 3 other rejected applicants. Fingers crossed one is the rebranded Bo'ness United JFC and I suspect Sauchie Juniors CFC would be a prime candidate for being immediately binned given the reserve team of an existing league member angle.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Nothing is "officially confirmed" until rubber stamped by the SFA, which should be a formality.  Hopefully the Tayside clubs can all pull together on this, I understand they're not all singing from the same hymn sheet yet.

From what I understand is that even though some are more enthusiastic than others, there seems to be a general agreement now to stick together.

38 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
1 hour ago, Marten said:
That does suggest that all Tayside applicants have either withdrawn their application and/or told to join the ML.

Tayport withdrew and the other 3 were rejected.

That appears to leave us with 3 clubs within the EOSFL “administrative area” that will be disappointed. One of those clubs will probably be Edinburgh City Reserves so who are likely to be the other two clubs? Was there a phantom club that did not have a ground? What happened to Cupar Hearts? All will be revealed at the end of the month.

1 minute ago, patriot1 said:

I know but if the EOS are wanting to apply the HL/LL line rather than geographical areas where does that leave Tayport?

From what I understand, the ERJFA & EOS agreed that the entire DD postcode area will be ML territory. That includes Tayport, but no other Fife clubs.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

On what basis would that not meet the existing criteria?

Criteria appears to be made up “on the hoof” at the present time. This is not a criticism but simply a reflection to EOSFL officials having to react to situations that are not laid down in the league constitution and standing orders. I suspect that there will be concerns about the precedent set if a SPFL reserve team competes in the 2021/22 EOSFL.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

From what I understand, the ERJFA & EOS agreed that the entire DD postcode area will be ML territory. That includes Tayport, but no other Fife clubs.

Will Scone be be left in an anomalous position in the MFL as they will be within the EOSFL administrative boundary? Not a problem if they are happy in the MFL and the two leagues respect their preference.

3 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Will Scone be be left in an anomalous position in the MFL as they will be within the EOSFL administrative boundary? Not a problem if they are happy in the MFL and the two leagues respect their preference.

I know they are talking about a Perthshire boundary as well. Blairgowrie & Coupar Angus for example will definitely be ML. So would any north Perthshire team should they want to come over from the amateurs (like Breadalbane who have been rumoured previously). It's likely though that whatever the boundary around Perthshire will be, there will be an agreement like between the EOS & WOS that any clubs that find themselves on the "wrong side" of the boundary for their league can stay where they are if they so wish.

Edited by Marten

15 minutes ago, Marten said:

I believe that’s no longer the case.

2 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I believe that’s no longer the case.

Time will tell I guess, but this is what I heard. Regardless, it's clear that Tayport want to join the ML as they have stated so publicly. I'd assume that will be respected in the same way that Luncarty (if they find themselves in ML territory due to being above the HL/LL divide) will likely be allowed to remain EOS if they so wish.

Edited by Marten

Time will tell I guess, but this is what I heard. Regardless, it's clear that Tayport want to join the ML as they have stated so publicly. I'd assume that will be respected in the same way that Luncarty (if they find themselves in ML territory due to being above the HL/LL divide) will likely be allowed to remain EOS if they so wish.
No club will be obligated to move leagues if they fall the wrong side of the agreed boundary. That's only right.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
7 minutes ago, Marten said:

No club will be obligated to move leagues if they fall the wrong side of the agreed boundary. That's only right.

Agreed, and my understanding is that will indeed be the case whatever boundary we will end up with.

Edited by Marten