New clubs in the East of Scotland

On 03/04/2021 at 12:34, Doonhamer1969 said:

I thought that would be the logical next step,although i'd have thought it would be a 16 team league

In practical terms , would leave a 11 team Tayside League at Tier 7 and 14 and 13 team North Leagues at tiers 7 and 8.

Believe with the addition of Fintry St James there will be 18 teams in the Midlands league for season 21/22 leaving 12 for the following season if the Top 6 do move on as suggested.

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

DD postcodes for Tayport, Newport and Wormit then use the River Tay and Loch Tay moving east from there over to the Stirling local authority area. Job done at that point if Scone are happy where they are. They could use the River Braan instead of the Tay after Dunkeld if Breadalbane from Aberfeldy prefer to be in with Dundee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Braan

It will be a cold day in hell before I recognise the occupied parishes of Killin and Callender as Stirlingshire 

The infamous 'lines' and boundaries certainly stir things up eh, seeing as we see Gloucester City in the National North I'm guessing things in Scotland won't ever be 100% due to geographic problems. Can clubs be forced to enter  a league out of their area ? or is it a case of clubs applying for a particular league ? 

1 hour ago, SecretCEO said:

I would begin to think about closing the EoSFL to new applications from clubs now.

The focus should be shifting to linking up with amateur leagues below, as feeders to the EoS in order to complete the pyramid fully.

It will be interesting to see if and how the EoS follows the ideas of the WoS e.g. will there be "different criteria for different Tiers" in the EoS?

Then there's the idea from the WoS of direct links to some of the Amateur Leagues with direct promotion (subject to meeting minimum criteria) and relegation. This will, presumably lead to a maximum number of clubs allowed into the league.

1 hour ago, Bigbro19 said:

Dev don’t you think considering the aim of the clubs in premier league is to be promoted to the lowland it will be interesting to see if the EoS follows their lead?

I seem to recall someone in here preaching to all and sundry how the EoS were far superior and more professional than ra joonurs and the pyramid was the only way to go for clubs removing the glass ceiling. 

Dev don’t you think considering the aim of the clubs in premier league is to be promoted to the lowland it will be interesting to see if the EoS follows their lead?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

19 applicants whittled down to 12.

Any idea how many applicants were from the ERJFS North/Midland League? Four was the figure mentioned previously.

Edited by Dev

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Based on what's out there, the 11 "Lothian" Juniors and Letham.

Letham seems to be a cage and nearby club building. How would they take a gate as access seems to be unrestricted? Hope the club can get round this possible issue.

43 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

19 applicants whittled down to 12.

40 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Based on what's out there, the 11 "Lothian" Juniors and Letham.

That does suggest that all Tayside applicants have either withdrawn their application and/or told to join the ML.