New clubs in the East of Scotland

Think this is all great news and sounds like teams like Tayport are able to progress to the pyramid in the area they want and everyone sounds happy about it.

Looks like a complete pyramid and not lop sided either.
Think the years to come as teams get licensed and some emerge to become stronger the way the Pyramid is formed may evolve into an easier, much smoother process

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Think this is all great news and sounds like teams like Tayport are able to progress to the pyramid in the area they want and everyone sounds happy about it.

Think the years to come as teams get licensed and some emerge to become stronger the way the Pyramid is formed may evolve into an easier, much smoother process

I think the natural balance would be a three way spilt at tier 5: Highland, East and West.

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think the natural balance would be a three way spilt at tier 5: Highland, East and West.

Personally if that was going to happen I think that would be a long way off
 I don't like it, the reason, means 3 teams would have to playoff against each other to have a crack at the club 42, making it harder for the lower leagues.
I think with all the teams and league, joining/starting just under the Highlands, I get a feeling years to come the Highland league will become even a higher standard than it already is.
So for me a highland/Lowland or North Vs South is straight forward and enticing to make the playoff.

But in a  few years I'm more hoping for club 42 to be straight relegated from the SPFL2

With Highland V Lowland playoff winners, straight to SPFL2

and the losers to play the Club41 in a playoff to see who gets the second spot.

At this moment that's what I can see.  if the Highland and Lowlands get their house in order which they are doing it will put more pressure on the SPFL to get theirs sorted

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I don't like it, the reason, means 3 teams would have to playoff against each other to have a crack at the club 42, making it harder for the lower leagues.
I think with all the teams and league, joining/starting just under the Highlands, I get a feeling years to come the Highland league will become even a higher standard than it already is.
So for me a highland/Lowland or North Vs South is straight forward and enticing to make the playoff.

But in a  few years I'm more hoping for club 42 to be straight relegated from the SPFL2

At this moment that's what I can see.  if the Highland and Lowlands get their house in order which they are doing it will put more pressure on the SPFL to get theirs sorted

Obviously there should be automatic relegation from the SPFL. In years to come I predict the LL will be noticeably stronger than the HL. Tier 5 is fine as it is for now.

14 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

I wouldn't rule out island clubs joining the EoS (or WoS).

Flying to Edinburgh or Glasgow (and back in a day) might be a better option than travelling by ferry and making long bus journeys over Highland roads, probably with overnight stays.

I’m not sure if this is a wind up or serious. I don’t think April Fools day has changed dates but on this forum any conspiracy theory seems possible

Be interesting to see if Montrose Roselea decide to join the Midlands or stay in the easier North.
Geography was always the factor for them.
I will have a chat to a coach from one of the Eos Perthshire teams today and see if the Midlands is interesting any of the teams.
Will also be playing footgolf with a Tayport coach so see what he chirps in with.

Just now, superbigal said:

Be interesting to see if Montrose Roselea decide to join the Midlands or stay in the easier North.
Geography was always the factor for them.
I will have a chat to a coach from one of the Eos Perthshire teams today and see if the Midlands is interesting any of the teams.
Will also be playing footgolf with a Tayport coach so see what he chirps in with.

Roselea front someone on FN saying they're still not thinking about the Highland League. Being between Aberdeen & Dundee there isn't a ton of difference travel wise. So aren't in a rush and will see how things unfold. 

On twitter Jeanfield Swifts assistant said they were staying in the EoSFL. 

Just had confirmed unofficially all Perth teams staying EOS. Scone still not declared.

Remember one Perth team joined due to the treatment dished out they felt was undeserved re a large points deduction.

1 minute ago, gaswork said:
12 hours ago, Truthteller said:
This has nothing to do with the topic, take this crap elsewhere 

Exactly only non league nerds post in this place nowadays most won't even go to games even one or two of them will be wondering wtf is this nonsense.

Time for @Tynierose to do his stuff and bin the multi-ID troll again.

1 hour ago, gaswork said:
13 hours ago, Truthteller said:
This has nothing to do with the topic, take this crap elsewhere 

Exactly only non league nerds post in this place nowadays most won't even go to games even one or two of them will be wondering wtf is this nonsense.

Truthteller presumably brings an agenda when he meets his pals in the pub.

"Lads lads lads, we can't move on to which you'd rather fight, a pony-sized chicken or 20 chicken-sized ponies until we've voted on whether Kyle's mum is a wid, and we're not even quorate yet!"

Back in the world of normal people, it's not exactly a wild flight of fancy to have a couple of posts about the potential brand-new boundaries between the ERSJFA and NCL in a discussion about potential candidate clubs to the EOS, some of whom may find themselves in play-offs with NCL and NRSJFA clubs. By any standard it's a pretty normal diversion for a thread on this board and Truthteller is being... his usual self in whining about it.

And seeing as you're speculating, I'm a season ticket holder and before the pandemic I went to the majority of my club's games home and away, plus a bunch of others.

If I think of anything close enough to relevant about the other pyramid borders on this thread, I'll not be hesitating to post it. That's me done on this, so you can reply or not, I couldn't care less. I'll not be biting.

17 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

JustBecause has stated on the other thread that:

”Information  provided to Tayside teams was that at the conclusion of season 21/22 the top 6 clubs along with the top 6 from the North juniors would come together to form a Premier/superleague at tier 6 seeing those remaining teams become a 7th tier. “

Are the ML and NL to be amalgamated for 2022/23 and are we simply witnessing an interim solution for 2021/22?

I thought that would be the logical next step,although i'd have thought it would be a 16 team league

In practical terms , would leave a 11 team Tayside League at Tier 7 and 14 and 13 team North Leagues at tiers 7 and 8.

Edited by Doonhamer1969

12 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

It's still lop sided.

HL and feeders 80 clubs, LL and feeders 147 plus the WL juniors to be added.

There is a minimum of 29 applicants to the EoS and WoS right now. Even allowing for a few more Tayside applicants doing what Tayport did yesterday that could easily translate into 25 new senior clubs in the LL catchment.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

18 hours ago, Marten said:

Well, that answers the question about where Tayport will go. And it also explains why the rumoured EOS/ML boundary in that area follows postcode boundaries and not local authority ones. Just Perthshire to become clear and it's all good to go from that point. :) 

Good to see progress on the northern front. Only problem I have, though, with Tayport viewing themselves as a Tayside club, is that Highland League sides will regard it as a wet Tuesday night in Fife. 

14 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I agree.

But existing part time SPFL clubs, will want some additional protection against relegation to Tier 5, so a restructuring at the lower SPFL divisions will be needed. Perhaps changing both Leagues One & Two into 16 (or 18) club divisions, would be a good incentive for existing league, and top/ambitious non league clubs.  Conditional of course, on automatic promotion and relegation between SPFL and the HFL/SLL, being implemented as a 'quid pro quo' ?

And as a bonus....a reduced need for lower clubs to be playing each other 4 times each season. Great news for most fans, like me !.

1 hour ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

with Tayport viewing themselves as a Tayside club, is that Highland League sides will regard it as a wet Tuesday night in Fife. 

Not so fast. There's a part of Keith called Fife Keith.