New clubs in the East of Scotland

55 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
At this point there's been quite a bit of turnover.
On the fixture list issue it does seem that the East Region moved on a little since the EoSFL departures. I might be misremembering this but for 2019-20 season they might have been out earlier than some other leagues. Which seemed an attempt at winning some bragging rights. The Junior Cup has also been changed that will make it easier and with play-off dates to target there's also the need for a proper fixture list.

The Junior Regions have always done their own discipline with a Discipline Secretary and Committee. I'd be surprised if that changes, is the SJFA COO full time like TJ?

Don't believe so.

50 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Aye, so Fife is an EoS area and if Tayport applied then no reason not to accept them, although I doubt they be forced to leave the ML if that is where they want to play. Same with Scone.

Perth and Kinross is the tricky area unless they just stick with the HL/LL line. Maybe the Perth clubs will fancy ML now that it exists.

It's simplest to just apply the HL/LL line with the same caveat that the WoS/EoS included.  Existing members are unaffected and switches only allowed if both leagues agree.

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't believe so.

It's simplest to just apply the HL/LL line with the same caveat that the WoS/EoS included.  Existing members are unaffected and switches only allowed if both leagues agree.

Agreed but any border line clubs need to think ahead a bit if they intend to aim for promotion to Tier 5 as promotions will only come from the relevant feeder leagues.

For example, if Tayport would prefer to play in the Midland League that's fine but they would have to move over to the EoS if they ever wish to get promoted to Tier 5 as they are south of the HL - LL border line.

Imagine Tayport choosing the Midland League but then having to start again at the bottom of the EoS if they wished to aim for promotion to Tier 5.

A less ambitious club close to the border could more or less pick and choose whether to play in the ML or the EoS as it wouldn't make the slightest difference to them or to these leagues.

Edited by Dev

20 minutes ago, Dev said:

Agreed but any border line clubs need to think ahead a bit if they intend to aim for promotion to Tier 5 as promotions will only come from the relevant feeder leagues.

For example, if Tayport would prefer to play in the Midland League that's fine but they would have to move over to the EoS if they ever wish to get promoted to Tier 5 as they are south of the HL - LL border line.

Imagine Tayport choosing the Midland League but then having to start again at the bottom of the EoS if they wished to aim for promotion to Tier 5.

A less ambitious club close to the border could more or less pick and choose whether to play in the ML or the EoS as it wouldn't make the slightest difference to them or to these leagues.

The HL/LL boundary line only applies to Club 42. Neither the HL or LL rules have boundaries set within their rules. The LL, & soon to be HL, are tied into agreements with leagues above and below instead. 

Neither Scone or Luncarty are ever likely to trouble the SPFL. Its only Tayport based on their historical performance that are likely to deal with any issues from relegation from the SPFL. 

55 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't believe so.

Why do both leagues have to agree? The new league must obviously be happy for the move, but the old league has no power to stop a club leaving.

9 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Why do both leagues have to agree? The new league must obviously be happy for the move, but the old league has no power to stop a club leaving.

Because the two leagues aren't trying to be in conflict with one another and it's a rule that's a deterrent to clubs trying to flipflop between leagues.

We're ultimately talking about extreme examples and it's a rule that would rarely if ever be an issue. Within the Junior game  I can only really recall Montrose Roselea switching Regions in recent memory. Which I believe also had to have the agreement between both Regions in that instance.

What would be an example of why? A tier 7/8 club in the EoSFL gets a grant from the league to pursue licencing. A grant they wouldn't otherwise have access to. Hearing the club is about to get licenced they look to jump to the Tier 6 Midland League to benefit. Midlands would probably be happy with a newly licenced club boosting their numbers, and the EoSFL would be peeved the club they've invested in doing a runner. 

51 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The HL/LL boundary line only applies to Club 42. Neither the HL or LL rules have boundaries set within their rules. The LL, & soon to be HL, are tied into agreements with leagues above and below instead. 

Neither Scone or Luncarty are ever likely to trouble the SPFL. Its only Tayport based on their historical performance that are likely to deal with any issues from relegation from the SPFL. 

Not saying that I don't agree that would be a practical solution but where is it in the Rules and Regs of the HL and or LL ?

You would end up in a situation where the HL/LL boundary contradicts the SPFL Div.2 / Tier 5 situation so clubs near the border could go to the  league which  gives them the best chance of promotion to Tier 5 so if the Midland is at Tier 6 and has only one Division but the EoS has say three Tiers a club would go to start at a lower level i.e. Tier 8. Is that fair on the other clubs which don't happen to be close to the border?  

Edited by Dev

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Because the two leagues aren't trying to be in conflict with one another and it's a rule that's a deterrent to clubs trying to flipflop between leagues.

We're ultimately talking about extreme examples and it's a rule that would rarely if ever be an issue. Within the Junior game  I can only really recall Montrose Roselea switching Regions in recent memory. Which I believe also had to have the agreement between both Regions in that instance.

What would be an example of why? A tier 7/8 club in the EoSFL gets a grant from the league to pursue licencing. A grant they wouldn't otherwise have access to. Hearing the club is about to get licenced they look to jump to the Tier 6 Midland League to benefit. Midlands would probably be happy with a newly licenced club boosting their numbers, and the EoSFL would be peeved the club they've invested in doing a runner. 

Good example, but wrong solution. Surely any grant must have conditions attached: just add one requiring continuing EoS membership for x years, unless promoted to the LL.

6 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Good example, but wrong solution. Surely any grant must have conditions attached: just add one requiring continuing EoS membership for x years, unless promoted to the LL.

I wouldn't know. I don't dish out grants.

How about to prevent a Stirling University/Spartans/Glasgow University/Drumchapel United situation? In the recent past when Stirling Uni and Spartans were part of the inaugral Lowland League, they never resigned from the EoSFL. Allowing both to run reserve sides within the pyramid. More recently Drumpchapel United and Glasgow University appear to have kept spots at the top of their respective amateur leagues when it's fair to say their first XIs will now play in the WoSFL. Just because a club is applying to another league it doesn't mean they're resigning from their existing one.

Then it's a rule that brings about simple courtesy. A club could apply to a new league,  and not mention their intentions to one they're in. With the both leagues agree rule, the league being applied to would have the responsibility to contact the other league and let them know what's going on.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

How about to prevent a Stirling University/Spartans/Glasgow University/Drumchapel United situation? In the recent past when Stirling Uni and Spartans were part of the inaugral Lowland League, they never resigned from the EoSFL. Allowing both to run reserve sides within the pyramid. More recently Drumpchapel United and Glasgow University appear to have kept spots at the top of their respective amateur leagues when it's fair to say their first XIs will now play in the WoSFL. Just because a club is applying to another league it doesn't mean they're resigning from their existing one.

Then it's a rule that brings about simple courtesy. A club could apply to a new league,  and not mention their intentions to one they're in. With the both leagues agree rule, the league being applied to would have the responsibility to contact the other league and let them know what's going on.

Yes, but there's a big difference between knowing what's going on and having the power to stop it.

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Dont think Spartans ran two teams in pyramid. They had a junior team at one point

twitter.com/TayportFootball/status/1378015985920319494

Club Statement As a club, Tayport are pleased and excited with the news emanating from the SJFA and ERSJFA with regards to the Highland League. To this end we have withdrawn our application to join the East of Scotland.

Does the grey area in the map mean that Dundee clubs and Tayport have a choice of applying to EOSFL or ML? The area has been left grey for a reason.

The map must have been drawn by somebody ITK as most of us would have coloured Dundee yellow as part of the ML.

Edited by Pyramidic