New clubs in the East of Scotland

46 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

question

Hypothetically and just spitballing here
A midland league starts and connect under to the Highland League 22/23

Say for talking sake, FWE join the EOSFL and a few others like Locheee, Dundee Violet etc in 21/22 and miss the Midland league.
If any of these teams over the years get licensed and get up to the SPFL2 and then subsequently relegated, would they go back to the Lowland league or go to the area where they should be i.e highland league which includes the Midland league, obviously their area, 

How would that work ?
Is there a ruling for this kind of situation ?

If the ML does indeed happen, I'd expect north of Tay EOS applicants to be directed to the ML.

27 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Speculation should keep us going over the next 4 weeks. If we think about the best 4 clubs in the East Region North and those that would have the most to lose if the ML initiative “turns turtle” I would go for:

Broughty Athletic

Carnoustie Panmure

Lochee United 

Tayport

Forfar West End will be 1 of the 4 I believe. Potentially more clubs from Tayside going by the number of applications? Would certainly make it interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

If the ML does indeed happen, I'd expect north of Tay EOS applicants to be directed to the ML.

But I wonder what will happen if there are any south of Tay non-EOS applicants including one club located in the Perth suburbs. Would the embryonic ML direct them to the EOS?

A decision needs to be ratified on the Tay boundary and the administrative area of the new league at the outset in order to prevent irregularities and disharmony.

16 minutes ago, Marten said:

Has there been anything announced officially by any of the associations or even the clubs  around the Midlands league? Sounds like they perhaps have a long way to go before getting anything in place. 21/22 still a realistic target for having this in place? I see a few leagues putting our start dates of mid July.

1 minute ago, Buddy said:

Has there been anything announced officially by any of the associations or even the clubs  around the Midlands league? Sounds like they perhaps have a long way to go before getting anything in place. 21/22 still a realistic target for having this in place? I see a few leagues putting our start dates of mid July.

Different clubs in this area (not just Lochee United) are positive 21/22 can be done. Time will tell I suppose.

Obviously nobody knows the actual reasons why Tayside clubs applied to the EOS. Do they really prefer the EOS or is it just an "insurance policy" in case the ML falls through. If the ML indeed does happen from next season we'll undoubtedly find that out.

Just now, Buddy said:

Has there been anything announced officially by any of the associations or even the clubs  around the Midlands league? ...

No, and people should take note when a WoS officeholder posts this on here:

19 hours ago, glensmad said:

I wasn't at Tuesday's meeting, but have had official feedback on it. Talks have been positive, but it's far from the completed pyramid that has been spun on here today. There is still a lot of talking and work to be done to make that happen.

3 minutes ago, Buddy said:

They only had the PWG meeting on Tuesday morning. As for can it be done? We've had the recent example of the WoSFL and not that long ago the Lowland League came into existence.

The league is going to exist by default since the ERSJFA isn't folding. Will it be in the pyramid? That's a different question.

twitter.com/EastScotlandFA/status/1377617359695908870

Deadline for membership application for next season having passed at midnight last night, it's time for a short statement on the subject.

With Edinburgh City returning to Meadowbank does this free up an opportunity for a new ground-share for an existing EoS club  with Spartans at Ainslie Road? Or could it be an LEA club and that's the "mystery" application? Only guessing.

32 minutes ago, Marten said:

Different clubs in this area (not just Lochee United) are positive 21/22 can be done. Time will tell I suppose.

Obviously nobody knows the actual reasons why Tayside clubs applied to the EOS. Do they really prefer the EOS or is it just an "insurance policy" in case the ML falls through. If the ML indeed does happen from next season we'll undoubtedly find that out.

If nothing changes nothing changes. A new name and a new status granted but everything and possibly more importantly everyone else remains the same.  Could well be a reason why clubs have applied to move on.  

44 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Ready to go for next season? Depends which narrative you want to listen to. Lots of talking being done but there are a lot of ducks to get in a row here! Worth taking the time to get it right rather than trying to force something through thats not been fully thought out? 

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Yip I agree
I'm looking for problems that could occur and looking to see how they could be sorted. 
If the midland league started 21/22 under the Highland League then any potential team from that area could be easily pointed towards the midland league when joining the pyrmaid

I was more thinking of teams like Forfar West End etc... if they join the the EOSFL for season 21/22, Because there is no Midland league under the HL for 21/22, how and when would they end up in the Midland league if it started say 22/23

For now this is all speculation obviously. We'll see what happens with the Midland League. As said, the people I've spoken to are confident it's going to happen in the way I described. People said that nothing has come out yet, but the PWG was only on Tuesday, I know there are various club meetings taking place this and next week, including the ERJFA and NRJFA. If anything comes out officially, it will probably be after that and not yet so we should find everything out in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

With Edinburgh City returning to Meadowbank does this free up an opportunity for a new ground-share for an existing EoS club  with Spartans at Ainslie Road? Or could it be an LEA club and that's the "mystery" application? Only guessing.

Are City going to Meadowbank?  Thought the rebuild was unsuitable for the SPFL.

40 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm looking for problems

On here a lot of fuss has been created around boundaries. This potential Midland League isn't a competitior in the same way that the East Region would have been. It doesn't have the same conflict.

What would happen is no different than what played out between the WoSFL and EoSFL. Applicants would be directed to either league based on the boundary (instead of council areas, most likely the HL/LL boundary in the SPFL Play-off). Existing members from the league being allowed to remain where they are or switch if an agreement exists between the leagues.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

On here a lot of fuss has been created around boundaries. This potential Midland League isn't a competitior in the same way that the East Region would have been. It doesn't have the same conflict.
What would happen is no different than what played out between the WoSFL and EoSFL. Applicants would be directed to either league based on the boundary (instead of council areas, most likely the HL/LL boundary in the SPFL Play-off). Existing members from the league being allowed to remain where they are or switch if an agreement exists between the leagues.

Since Kelty took the first steps towards embracing the pyramid concept.

Clubs have progressed quicker than the overall concept.

Leagues decided in board rooms. Changing rules during the season.

Still no joined up solution that covers all of Scotland.

Hardly a glowing endorsement of the pyramid concept.

8 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Leagues decided in board rooms. Changing rules during the season.

I'm going to guess the majority of this complaint will be handled by the fact that's the world of COVID.

So much so, leagues were more likely to be have been decided over *insert brand name* Video Conference or emails than in actual boardrooms. That was also the situation around the world not just non-league Scottish pyramid.

8 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Still no joined up solution that covers all of Scotland.

There's the prospect of one on the horizon however things go. With the potential of only having 2 council areas unrepresented in league football more so by georgraphy than anything else.

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm going to guess the majority of this complaint will be handled by the fact that's the world of COVID.

So much so, leagues were more likely to be have been decided over *insert brand name* Video Conference or emails than in actual boardrooms. That was also the situation around the world not just non-league Scottish pyramid.

There's the prospect of one on the horizon however things go. With the potential of only having 2 council areas unrepresented in league football more so by georgraphy than anything else.

ffs Fair, you have made me bite, which two