New clubs in the East of Scotland

On 27/03/2021 at 11:08, San Starko Rover said:

What are BT doing on the Vale? Want to echo this too, we played the Vale at Starks in the cup in 2012, brilliant fans who couldn’t have been nicer. The Vale board even sent a letter of thanks to us for hospitality and wishing us well in the next game and rest of our season. Would love another fixture against them but away this time.

Believe it's looking at the community impact that the club is making and return to grassroots football.

4 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

JustBecause has reported on the ML thread that 4 Tayside clubs have applied to join the EOSFL. I wonder who in addition to FWE. Just covering themselves or committed applicants?

Certain posters seemed to think the Midlands league was a done deal. Maybe not just as cut and dried then? FWE seem determined to go ahead with their application if this is correct. Like you say it could just be clubs covering themselves.

12 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Certain posters seemed to think the Midlands league was a done deal. Maybe not just as cut and dried then? FWE seem determined to go ahead with their application if this is correct. Like you say it could just be clubs covering themselves.

My guess would be the Tayside clubs will be directed back towards the Midland League, unless  they are Tayport/Scone in which case there's no reason to turn them away.

17 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

JustBecause has reported on the ML thread that 4 Tayside clubs have applied to join the EOSFL. I wonder who in addition to FWE. Just covering themselves or committed applicants?

As I said on the other thread two of these clubs are showing a genuine desire to join the EOS league as they see it as a far more progressive set up. They know that means starting in a lower tier (2 or 3 levels lower possibly) than the possibility of a tier 6 Midlands League but that is still more appealing to them. The motive of the other two clubs is unknown.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The few times that that the Scottish Cup opened up to qualifiers since 2007-08 the NCL has only had 6-9 teams. Doubt that helped.

One of whom, Golspie, qualify anyway because they're licensed.

What I wouldn't give for a game at Scourie though. 

Midland League thread? Why can't I find that thread? t's late and I can't find it can anyone help? [emoji2957][emoji23]

Midland League thread? Why can't I find that thread? t's late and I can't find it can anyone help? [emoji2957][emoji23]
Ah, there you go...
I've found it in the Junior section. I should have worked that out sooner... [emoji2957]

1 hour ago, PastyMan said:

Former East Region Juniors have welcomed proposals for a new county of East Lanarkshire and have sent applications to join the WoSL

image.thumb.jpeg.36138ccb4f603f1c8322510c2876d6d1.jpeg

OK, I know but we've got to have something for 1 April 🙂

East Whitburn Amateurs have joined both WoS and EoS, the new border goes through the halfway line, so they play in west one week, east the other. Fair enough.

Surprisingly high given there is a maximum of only 11 east region south applicants (I'm assuming no Lithgae Rose CFC and Harthill), while Letham and Forfar WE are the only publicly confirmed ones beyond that. Fits the 4 from the east region north info posted on the juniors subforum last night.

Now that the deadline for applications has past maybe time for a little guessing/speculation?

I assume that some applications will be from clubs which are hedging their bets in case things don't work out for them in the WoS and the proposed Midland League. That could account for Harthill Royal, Forfar WE, Tayport and two others from the current ERJFA Tayside/North section so maybe five applications accounted for there. That would leave 14 others which I am taking as genuinely wanting to get into the league. IF (don't know) Tayport and Scone Thistle happen to be two of the Tayside applicants and IF they are "the serious" Tayside applications then, in theory, this could give up to 16 meaningful applications.

Whichever way you look at it this is a healthy number, especially if you recall the large number of clubs which came on board for 2020/21.

ERJFA South:  11  (excludes Harthill and Linlithgow)

ERJFA North/Tayside:  2  (guesses these may be Tayport and Scone Thistle)

Amateurs:  Letham AFC

Maybe:  Cupar Hearts

Unknown:  ?

Assuming these clubs are accepted then the next question will be the structure of the Divisions/Conferences and whether or not there will be relegation(s) from the LL and whether or not there will be promotions and relegations in the the EoS and a promotion to the LL. Nice and straight forward!

question

Hypothetically and just spitballing here
A midland league starts and connect under to the Highland League 22/23

Say for talking sake, FWE join the EOSFL and a few others like Locheee, Dundee Violet etc in 21/22 and miss the Midland league.
If any of these teams over the years get licensed and get up to the SPFL2 and then subsequently relegated, would they go back to the Lowland league or go to the area where they should be i.e highland league which includes the Midland league, obviously their area, 

How would that work ?
Is there a ruling for this kind of situation ?

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

question

Hypothetically and just spitballing here
A midland league starts and connect under to the Highland League 22/23

Say for talking sake, FWE join the EOSFL and a few others like Locheee, Dundee Violet etc in 21/22 and miss the Midland league.
If any of these teams over the years get licensed and get up to the SPFL2 and then subsequently relegated, would they go back to the Lowland league or go to the area where they should be i.e highland league which includes the Midland league, obviously their area, 

How would that work ?
Is there a ruling for this kind of situation ?

As the rule of the SPFL2 Play-off stands, Club 42 would be relegated to the Highland League if their registered ground is North of a line of latitude or to the Lowland League if their registered ground is South of a line of latitude.

The applicable example right now would be Luncarty. Who would progress through the EoS leagues, win the Lowland, relegated from the SPFL and find themselves in the Highland League the way the rule stands.

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Based on nothing more than my gut I think Broughty might have applied 

Speculation should keep us going over the next 4 weeks. If we think about the best 4 clubs in the East Region North and those that would have the most to lose if the ML initiative “turns turtle” I would go for:

Broughty Athletic

Carnoustie Panmure

Lochee United 

Tayport