New clubs in the East of Scotland

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

True, but here is hoping...

I imagine news will filter through in the next couple of days once the league reps from the PWG discuss with their wider membership what took place.

Certainly the reference in the Highland League's official statement will get picked up at some point by the Northern papers as a discussion point and we'll see what was meant by that.

They've got to fill those pages with something to talk about with not much actual football to talk about!

25 minutes ago, Marten said:

Already posted this in the Junior Football forum, but let's post it here as well:

I heard through the grapevine here in Dundee that this morning's PWG was really positive and it will shortly be confirmed that there will be 3 leagues feeding into the Highland League from 2021/22: North Caledonian League, North Juniors & Midland League. The Midland League will consist of all current ERJFA North clubs, so including Scone Thistle, Tayport and Forfar West End. Also it looks likely that one amateur side from Dundee will join (Dundee St James were rumoured in another thread, to play out of Fairfield Park), bringing the league up to 18.

I won't take things fully for granted until they are confirmed, but this sounds really positive. I'd be delighted if this indeed goes ahead.

Good to hear and a real chance of the Pyramid - finally - being fully in place for next season.  A great way to kick-off 2021-22.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Good to hear and a real chance of the Pyramid - finally - being fully in place for next season.  A great way to kick-off 2021-22.

Agreed, quite ironic actually if you look back at it. The only part of the SJFA that will enter the pyramid intact is the North Region, who would ever have thought that? 😂

Just now, Marten said:

Agreed, quite ironic actually if you look back at it. The only part of the SJFA that will enter the pyramid intact is the North Region, who would ever have thought that? 😂

Is the Midland League going to be outwith SJFA control?  if so, then I can't see the SJFA lasting much longer, better to wind it up and distribute their assets.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Is the Midland League going to be outwith SJFA control?  if so, then I can't see the SJFA lasting much longer, better to wind it up and distribute their assets.

If I understand correctly, the Midland League will be a stand-alone league just like the North Caledonian League for example, so not under SJFA control.

Edited by Marten

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

If I understand correctly, the Midland League will be a stand-alone league just like the North Caledonian League for example, so not under SJFA control.

Is it too early to mention boundaries yet 😂

25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Have Mozza and Marten ever been seen in the same room together? 🤣

I've seen BSC play before, but I haven't met him in person, unless I didn't know it was him... ;) 

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

He may just have read it on here. :) Think the most interesting snippet of Marten's info is the Tayport and Scone angle.

Hello - Mozza here 😄

I heard from a contact in the West, so Marten's info is probably better to take heed of given it seems to be "closer" to things playing out. Good news all the same!

15 hours ago, Marten said:

Already posted this in the Junior Football forum, but let's post it here as well:

I heard through the grapevine here in Dundee that this morning's PWG was really positive and it will shortly be confirmed that there will be 3 leagues feeding into the Highland League from 2021/22: North Caledonian League, North Juniors & Midland League. The Midland League will consist of all current ERJFA North clubs, so including Scone Thistle, Tayport and Forfar West End. Also it looks likely that one amateur side from Dundee will join (Dundee St James were rumored in another thread, to play out of Fairfield Park), bringing the league up to 18.

I won't take things fully for granted until they are confirmed, but this sounds really positive. I'd be delighted if this indeed goes ahead.

Honestly Marten, if this is true, this is magnificent for Scottish Football and its forward progression.
I'd a hoped for something like this in the next few years but to have it ready by 21/22, wow

It genuinely is a dream and everything you say 'not to take for granted and sounds really positive' is so true but cant think of anyone not excited by this potential outcome as a reality 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Great to hear this news finally. Amazing that in 8 years we've gone from having 42 teams to nearly 300 in the football pyramid. 

Scottish Cup in coming years will be class.

Should mention as well that the North Caley Winners will finally get that Scottish Cup Berth they deserve.

Edited by ArabAuslander

Great to hear this news finally. Amazing that in 8 years we've gone from having 42 teams to nearly 300 in the football pyramid. 

Scottish Cup in coming years will be class.

Should mention as well that the North Caley Winners will finally get that Scottish Cup Berth they deserve.

Why didn’t the NCL receive a Scottish Cup place in the past? How class would an away game to Orkney be!