New clubs in the East of Scotland

In my book Bo’ness Juniors have shown on the park that they are a viable football club. If they can demonstrate to the EOSFL that they meet the ground criteria and the general requirements of  the league there should really be no issue in accepting the club. I am not sure whether the club membership would perceive a rivalry or falling out with a Lowland League club as a defining issue.

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

What an addition to the EOSFL!  Really looking forward to the sight of Armadale in the league next season. Possibly within a First Division Conference?

Wow, looks like they may even have toilets now!

Seriously though, it looks nice. The potential was always there for the Volly, it was just tired and had seen better days. It's good that they've been able to spend some time sorting a number of different areas out.

Still awaiting their official, "EoS here we come, woohoo", statement. 

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

True, but almost always based on an amicable agreement between the two clubs involved something that will be absent in the Bo'ness scenario. An amateur club called Linlithgow Thistle said we'll be your feeder club in pathway terms to the real BUs and agreed to a Memorandum of Understanding to that effect and were welcomed into Newtown Park on that basis. They have now reneged on the MoU after only a couple of seasons and now want to be treated as a rival Bo'ness entity that is not wanted by the original Bo'ness host club. Those circumstances are unusual enough that they merit a close look and careful consideration rather than an automatic rubber stamp if all the boxes are ticked.

If only everyone knew that BU never wanted to, or indeed signed the MoU offered by BUJFC. Barriers put up every step of the way. Perhaps that’s the mistake of BUFC.

Linlithgow Thistle could’ve and perhaps should’ve came in as Bo’ness Thistle at that stage.

The proposed new club only requires acceptance by Newtown Park Association, as landlords of the park, exactly the same as BUFC, to have priority on the use of the stadium on particular days. If that’s the case, then rejection and objection by East of Scotland teams will need to be two fold on both the new club and BUFC.

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

5 hours ago, Rockall said:

Will be interesting to see how many of the current EoS applicants get knocked back after all checks have been completed. If integrity is a meaningful cornerstone of the EoS, I can see at least 2 being knocked back.

I would be most concerned about Sauchie Juniors CFC application. 

I believe the EoS rules only allow one club membership of their leagues (if Stirling Uni were to be relegated from the LL I believe Stirling Uni EoS would cease to play in the EoS).  Sauchie are a reserve team for the EoS side and may find themselves being knocked back on that basis.

Don’t underestimate the application process for the EoS, it’s not a box ticking exercise and unless it’s changed they are as much interested in what your club will bring to the league, what their plans for the future are and why you want to join the league in the first place. 

Finally some news on the Tayside issue. I'm keeping everything crossed that this will actually happen.

54 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Saw this in a group chat today. It’s attributed to John Reilly, but I’ve no idea where it was originally posted. I can’t see it on the ERSJFA site: 

Representatives of the the SJFA and ERSJFA met with members of the Highland league to discuss our Tayside Clubs (Midlands League) 
entering the SFA pyramid at tier 6. The meeting was constructive and extremely positive. 

Our next stage is to engage with all parties (Highland league, North Caledonian and NRSJFA)to discuss this further.

We have also requested a meeting with the Lowland League Board to also discuss the same proposal. We await a date from them.

The PWG has been reconvened by the SFA and a meeting will be arranged for either 29 March. or 2 April 2021

Once we have all the information a meeting will be arranged with Tayside Clubs to discuss all proposals.

As always we will keep you updated.

John Reilly
ERSJFA

On 19/03/2021 at 17:25, Pyramidic said:

West Calder Juniors Facebook - just an update 

“Well it's now the end of an era for the club, due to the covid restrictions the SJFA was left with no other option but to declare the league null and void which now brings over 70years as a junior club to an end. We now look forward to gaining membership at a senior level of the East of Scotland football league, onwards and upwards,at this point we would like to thank the SJFA for their support over the years”.

30 years before the EOSL was formed but they're following in the footsteps of an early winner of the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup:

IMG_20200111_174245432.thumb.jpg.cee3209cf3eb89631ca0082ffadd45a0.jpg

11 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

If only everyone knew that BU never wanted to, or indeed signed the MoU offered by BUJFC. Barriers put up every step of the way. Perhaps that’s the mistake of BUFC.

Linlithgow Thistle could’ve and perhaps should’ve came in as Bo’ness Thistle at that stage.

The proposed new club only requires acceptance by Newtown Park Association, as landlords of the park, exactly the same as BUFC, to have priority on the use of the stadium on particular days. If that’s the case, then rejection and objection by East of Scotland teams will need to be two fold on both the new club and BUFC.

If only everyone knew that Bo’ness United knew (along with literally everyone else, including Linlithgow Thistle!) that the East Region Juniors was as good as dead on its arse before BUJFC came along. If only everyone knew that Bo’ness United expected BUJFC would return to playing amateurs once the inevitable death bell of Junior football finally rang for the East Region Juniors. If only everyone knew those were the intentions BUJFC originally expressed and the assurances agreed to when welcomed in as part of a community club pathway.

Quit the smoke and mirrors guff man, honestly. Folk have already seen right through the “staunch Juniors town” drivel you spouted a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully everyone will see right through the manner in which BUJFC have formed, gone about finding themselves a “home ground”, and are now breaking the pathway of a community club set-up.

Edited by 8MileBU

7 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

I would be most concerned about Sauchie Juniors CFC application. 

I believe the EoS rules only allow one club membership of their leagues (if Stirling Uni were to be relegated from the LL I believe Stirling Uni EoS would cease to play in the EoS).  Sauchie are a reserve team for the EoS side and may find themselves being knocked back on that basis.

Don’t underestimate the application process for the EoS, it’s not a box ticking exercise and unless it’s changed they are as much interested in what your club will bring to the league, what their plans for the future are and why you want to join the league in the first place. 

That's good to know, sounds like quite a robust process. Although, I was referring to the teams that are funded through criminal means. 

9 hours ago, Marten said:

Finally some news on the Tayside issue. I'm keeping everything crossed that this will actually happen.

Only days after Forfar WE do something concrete about entering the pyramid the phrase "PWG has been reconvened by the SFA" suddenly appears in an email statement (?) from the east region. What a remarkable coincidence. Nothing like the imminent possible loss of blazers or prospect of a membership vote revolving around issues such as possible future midweek trips from the Borders to Forfar to galvanise certain people into action rather than just let the matter drift along aimlessly year after year.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

9 hours ago, Marten said:

Tayside finally admitting they must move North? 

shocked I tell you, shocked. Its been their only option for years and they've been left behind by their complete and utter lack of action on moving to their rightful place in the pyramid.

I'm sure the liar has already tried to tell us its been the plan all along.

Edited by Junior Pub League

7 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Tayside finally admitting they must move North? 

shocked I tell you, shocked. Its been their only option for years and they've been left behind by their complete and utter lack of action on moving to their rightful place in the pyramid.

I'm sure the liar has already tried to tell us its been the plan all along.

In fairness they're still hedging their bets and not focused soley on the Highland League.

10 hours ago, Marten said:

I had heard some murmurs that the SJFA were working on a "Midlands League" at tier 6 and were wanting PWG recalled.  Not sure there's too much enthusiasm for such a meeting in LL circles, but if it helps get the ERJFA in as a feeder to the HL then great, seems to be positive discussions on that part which finally scotches talk of the HL not wanting them.

Great news, with the WOS formed and WL now exiting the ERJFA I’d be amazed if there wasn’t some talks going on in the background especially with no football being played. Sounds like they know it’s HL but are talking to LL just in case, FWE now look like a test case more than ever. For me Tayside needs to go HL to balance out the HL/LL a bit better. Personally at Tier 6 I’d have Tayside + Aberdeenshire in one league and anything west of Aberdeenshire in another but it’s really up to the ERJFA / NRJFA / NCL what they want. Finally it looks like we’re about to see the final pieces of the pyramid formed, once it’s up and running it’s just see what works and what needs altered and making sure there’s a route in for any Amateurs who want to join down the line.

And let’s get these bloody trapdoors open, every league Champion should be promoted as long as licenced. 2 down from SPFL L2 and 3 Down from LL / HL (if it’s 3 feeders).

36 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

..., seems to be positive discussions on that part which finally scotches talk of the HL not wanting them.

Yes, we all know that leaked email statements from SJFA representatives have a stellar track record on accuracy on reflecting the outcome of pyramid related meetings after Tom Johnston's done deal and board directive patter. Beyond that there's a difference between wanting something to happen and reluctantly acquiescing to it. Tayside clubs would still be well-advised to put in EoS applications to keep their options open.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yes, we all know that leaked email statements from SJFA representatives have a stellar track record on accuracy on reflecting the outcome of pyramid related meetings after Tom Johnston's done deal and board directive patter. Beyond that there's a difference between wanting something to happen and reluctantly acquiescing to it.

Well your track record in the Pyramid debate over the last few years hardly stands upto scrutinty. You're quite good at twitter stalking and rummaging around for old posts though. Most other things are a swing and a miss.

What I know of John Reilly having been at plenty of ERJFA meetings in the past, he's not the type of person to put out emails containing misleading information. He was one of the decent guys from the Junior days.  I'll take what he says at face value.

Edited by Burnieman

Yes, we all know that leaked email statements from SJFA representatives have a stellar track record on accuracy on reflecting the outcome of pyramid related meetings after Tom Johnston's done deal and board directive patter. Beyond that there's a difference between wanting something to happen and reluctantly acquiescing to it. Tayside clubs would still be well-advised to put in EoS applications to keep their options open.

Wasn’t the “Done Deal” that Larry from Lochee had copies of more a misunderstanding of the rules and the Veto the EOSFL had than misinformation or a lie? Maxwell and Johnstone had basically agreed the deal but didn’t understand they couldn’t force it through without all parties agreeing.

10 hours ago, Marten said:

Saw this in a group chat today. It’s attributed to John Reilly, but I’ve no idea where it was originally posted. I can’t see it on the ERSJFA site: 

Representatives of the the SJFA and ERSJFA met with members of the Highland league to discuss our Tayside Clubs (Midlands League) 
entering the SFA pyramid at tier 6. The meeting was constructive and extremely positive. 

Our next stage is to engage with all parties (Highland league, North Caledonian and NRSJFA)to discuss this further.

We have also requested a meeting with the Lowland League Board to also discuss the same proposal. We await a date from them.

The PWG has been reconvened by the SFA and a meeting will be arranged for either 29 March. or 2 April 2021

Once we have all the information a meeting will be arranged with Tayside Clubs to discuss all proposals.

As always we will keep you updated.

John Reilly
ERSJFA

At last some good news to work on:

1. Agree the administrative boundary of the “Midland League” - basically Angus, Perth and Kinross (excluding Perth and area in south).

2. Re-confirm the Tay Boundary differentiating ML territory from EOSFL territory.

3. Establish and confirm the boundary between the ML and NRJFA administrative areas.

4. Confirm the western boundary of the ML.

5. Confirm that Forfar West End must play in the ML as they lie within the ML administrative boundary.

6. Confirm that Tayport and Scone Thistle must play in the EOSFL as they lie within the EOSFL administrative boundary.

7. Confirm that Montrose Roselea must play in the ML as they lie within the ML administrative boundary.

Simples! A nice little Tier 6 league comprising 16 happy clubs sitting in the HL Pyramid.

What could possibly go wrong?