New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Well I'm sorry it was harsh, but it's a theme you do perpetuate. There's 3 or 4 school pitches with facilities that wouldn't need much development within 2 miles of my house. It doesn't mean any need a senior club to fill an imagined void.

I have some drug money to launder. I'll DM you

Football is no different to any business. Open free markets without artificial barriers or protectionism helps drive innovation & competition, so ultimately improves the end product. A pyramid league structure allows all teams to find the right level for them. So there isn't a correct ratio of clubs per population, yes there should be certain standards, controls to avoid mismanagement, & each club needs sustainable business plans, but ultimately it should be left to the market and the consumer to decide how many senior football clubs a town can support. Some clubs will be successful, some less so, but they will all find their place.

Letham appear to have had a good record in the Perthshire Amateur League over the last 20 years. Champions on 11 occasions.

1999-00 Letham

2000-01 Bridgeton United

2001-02 Alyth

2002-03 Murray Royal Hospital

2003-04 Balmoral United

2004-05 Letham

2005-06 Breadalbane

2006-07 Balmoral United

2007-08 Letham

2008-09 Letham

2009-10 Ballinluig

2010-11 Balmoral United

2011-12 Balmoral United

2012-13 Letham

2013-14 Letham

2014-15 Letham

2015-16 Letham

2016-17 Letham

2017-18 Letham

2018-19 Letham

2019-20 unfinished

Source: http://sfha.org.uk/perthshireleague.htm

Do you see any Fife Amateurs looking to move up to the EoS in the next few seasons. Looks as though Cupar Hearts could be one but are there any others which might be viable? Leven United? Balgonie Scotia? St Andrews University? 

Cupar Hearts are the obvious one think it’s been said on here about a possible link with AM Soccer and I guess St Andrews University will have the resources to get everything in place for membership if they wanted to. Outside of those two I’m not sure if any have the required ground standards although I’m certainly not an expert. I’m hopeful we’ll see a few more licenced teams here in Fife and added to the Fife FA Cup but it’s probably a bit down the line for most teams. There’s always Glenrothes Strollers, they applied before but didn’t meet the criteria. Maybe they should consider a link up with Glenrothes FC. As a Rovers fan I’d love to draw some of the new Scottish Cup entrants, missed the Linlithgow game sadly, great to visit some of the non league grounds for a cup fixture. Linlithgow were incredibly unlucky not to beat us that day.

1 hour ago, morley said:

Football is no different to any business. Open free markets without artificial barriers or protectionism helps drive innovation & competition, ...

Clubs still need to be voted into the league by the existing membership on the basis of whether they are viewed as a positive addition, so it isn't an open free market without artifical barriers. It's not equivalent for example to a new restaurant opening up in Perth where the existing restaurants would have no say on the matter. Syngenta and Glenrothes Strollers have been knocked back in recent seasons, so it isn't automatic that all applicant clubs will get in.

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Clubs still need to be voted into the league by the existing membership on the basis of whether they are viewed as a positive addition, so it isn't an open free market without artifical barriers. It's not equivalent for example to a new restaurant opening up in Perth where the existing restaurants would have no say on the matter. Syngenta and Glenrothes Strollers have been knocked back in recent seasons, so it isn't automatic that all applicant clubs will get in.

Rejected for not meeting the entry criteria. More importantly I think not being able to provide an actual plan to meet  the entry criteria. 

We know the ground issues Syngenta are still having. Aren't Strollers meant to have basically given up? 

Which so far is more like a new restaurant having to meet H&S standards. 

Cupar and Am soccer are now joined as a team

Cupar Hearts are the obvious one think it’s been said on here about a possible link with AM Soccer and I guess St Andrews University will have the resources to get everything in place for membership if they wanted to. Outside of those two I’m not sure if any have the required ground standards although I’m certainly not an expert. I’m hopeful we’ll see a few more licenced teams here in Fife and added to the Fife FA Cup but it’s probably a bit down the line for most teams. There’s always Glenrothes Strollers, they applied before but didn’t meet the criteria. Maybe they should consider a link up with Glenrothes FC. As a Rovers fan I’d love to draw some of the new Scottish Cup entrants, missed the Linlithgow game sadly, great to visit some of the non league grounds for a cup fixture. Linlithgow were incredibly unlucky not to beat us that day.

Shame as the strollers have a great set up

Rejected for not meeting the entry criteria. More importantly I think not being able to provide an actual plan to meet  the entry criteria. 
We know the ground issues Syngenta are still having. Aren't Strollers meant to have basically given up? 

15 minutes ago, xnxx said:

Shame as the strollers have a great set up

It doesn't sound like there were a ton of things that needed done. Certainly other clubs have managed but...

On 04/04/2020 at 09:14, patriot1 said:

Glenrothes Strollers application last year was rejected due to the lack of a fence around their pitch. Well that plus them not turning up to the EGM to put their case. 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Strollers application was a defensive one. They only applied because Glenrothes juniors had. I believe there was an issue because the juniors were trying to set up a youth set up in competition with the Strollers.

I doubt they would try again.

19 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Don’t know why no one has had a proper go at getting Little Kerse up to standard. Might need another changing room built nearer the pitch but everything else is there

Might have been part of Syngenta's overall plan, but they got kicked out. I think the company that run the place set up their own youth teams as a replacement.

A list of clubs which are thought to have applied to the EoS or have stated somewhere that is their plan. Now Syngenta added:

Bathgate Thistle
Bo'ness Juniors CFC
Livingston United
Pumpherston Juniors

Syngenta

West Calder United

Whitburn Juniors
Cupar Hearts
Letham AFC

Other East Juniors which may or may not apply:

Armadale Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Harthill Royal
Sauchie CFC
Stoneyburn Juniors
Scone Thistle
Tayport

29 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Tayport have stated they are putting in an application. Dave Baikie mentioned it during a podcast. 

True, but that's more to be on the safe side as they prefer being in a Tayside pyramid league.