New clubs in the East of Scotland

11 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

That's because same paper, different people interviewed. Bo'ness United and Bo'ness United Juniors clearly have a difference of opinion on this one.

14 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

An interesting dilemma. I hope that the two clubs can sort the matter out harmoniously. Perhaps if BUJFC adopt a different title that does not include Bo’ness will go some way to resolving the issue.

Edited by Pyramidic

Bo'ness United aren't dropping back down to the EOS any time soon, neither are the Juniors getting to the LL or even the EOS Premier in the near future - so they won't be direct competitors. If the Juniors rebrand then I don't think there's too much of a problem with them being in the pyramid.

11 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Bo'ness United aren't dropping back down to the EOS any time soon, neither are the Juniors getting to the LL or even the EOS Premier in the near future - so they won't be direct competitors. If the Juniors rebrand then I don't think there's too much of a problem with them being in the pyramid.

Is it any different to stirling uni or caledonian braves?. They keep on saying boness cant have 2 senior clubs but  their really is not much if any difference between ersjfa south and eosfl

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Is it any different to stirling uni or caledonian braves?. They keep on saying boness cant have 2 senior clubs but  their really is not much if any difference between ersjfa south and eosfl

Neither one are competing for sponsors, fans, or potential youth signings.

I think both pad the first team as that's where Stirling Uni have more adult age people too good for their development team or amateurs and Braves get to play some of their French scholarship players that are paying into the Edusport programme.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Neither one are competing for sponsors, fans, or potential youth signings.

I think both pad the first team as that's where Stirling Uni have more adult age people too good for their development team or amateurs and Braves get to play some of their French scholarship players that are paying into the Edusport programme.

Does edusport still exist? 

But surely they are competing for sponsors etc as it is anyway so we preach about their not being any difference between the grade and eos.

Why should a Bo'ness institution with its proud history that's been there since 1945 potentially jeopardise it's future in this current difficult financial climate for a club that's only been in existence for months.. Maybe I'm missing something but what if any plus points can be gained by having another senior team in the town .fighting for sponsorship ,crowds, fixture fullfillments.

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Does edusport still exist? 

But surely they are competing for sponsors etc as it is anyway so we preach about their not being any difference between the grade and eos.

Edusport Academy still very much exists and covers more than just football. I think that business and the now Caledonian Braves split. They're still very much intertwined though.

Competing for the same sort of resources but with a clear separation betwen the clubs and the understanding it could be a pathway for players to Bo'ness United. A rebranded Juniors i'm going to guess will pursue SFA licencing. Which could lead to them setting up a Development league side which has been something Bo'ness United have avoided so far.

They'd both be in the same cup draws. What happens if they both get drawn at home in the same round? Some groundshare agreements only see league fixtures get priority. So is it possible the BUs get shuffled off a Saturday?

Going into this season there was a bit of excitement around the Juniors as they had loaded up on players compared to previous season. There's nothing to stop them creeping closer and a bit of money from the Juniors backers it might not take much to close the gap on the field at least.

10 hours ago, Marten said:

From what I heard is that the clubs want to move collectively. Both Scone & Tayport are very close to the boundary anyway, so they could get a similar exemption as Luncarty I'd imagine.

I've heard this too. It will be interesting to see if they are collectively refused whether individual clubs try and make a move before the deadline.

CLUB UPDATE:
After a long hard winter for everyone connected to grassroots football we are now hopefully moving into an easing of restrictions and back into some form of training shortly.
Whilst football has been called to a halt over the last 4 months the management team and committee at Letham have been working tirelessly in the background and last week we submitted an application to join the structure.
We as a club feel the time is right to seek new challenges and opportunities after the successes at amateur level over the last decade.
If accepted by the members of the EOS association we look forward to a new and exciting chapter in our history.
The future is bright, the future is Tangerine!

As cages go it looks a decent enough one https://www.google.com/maps/@56.4040482,-3.4784968,197m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en-GB

They hosted a Kinnoull game in the Juniors in May 2019. Could do with some screening though. https://facebook.com/SevenAcresPerth/

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Interesting, what are their facilities like?

7ap.JPG

Edited by Ginaro