New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Marten said:

AFAIK, no Tayside clubs have applied to the EOS. That doesn't mean nothing is happening in Tayside, I know for a fact talks are ongoing between different parties re. the Tayside issue but it's not up to me to say what's going to happen. Nothing is official yet anyway so let's wait for news to come out.

I suppose there is also the issue of where Tayport and Scone Thistle see their respective futures.  If Tayside goes Senior north of the Tay then those two clubs are clearly in EOSFL territory. 

6 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I suppose there is also the issue of where Tayport and Scone Thistle see their respective futures.  If Tayside goes Senior north of the Tay then those two clubs are clearly in EOSFL territory. 

A Tayport rep on a podcast said they would apply for the EoSFL if there was no alternative.

12 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

From what I heard is that the clubs want to move collectively. Both Scone & Tayport are very close to the boundary anyway, so they could get a similar exemption as Luncarty I'd imagine.

34 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

The line actually runs through the north end of Tayport, though their ground and most of the town are on the south side. You could say they're in a similar position to Luncarty, if a bit less so.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

The line actually runs through the north end of Tayport, though their ground and most of the town are on the south side. You could say they're in a similar position to Luncarty, if a bit less so.

It is much more messy than I previously understood. I had taken the view that all of Fife is within EOSFL territory. If we now start making the case that Tayport can compete in a Tayside League filtering into the HL, it perhaps makes room for a counter case for Dundee clubs participating in the EOSFL.

League structures and administrative boundaries can be defined with a degree of flexibility. Hypothetically, if Lochee United were accepted into the EOSFL and subsequently won the Premier Division, the league rules could be aligned to direct LUFC into the HL Play-off system and not the LL Play-off system as the club is north of the Tay boundary.

Similarly, if Tayport competed in a Tayside Senior league feeding into the HL and won the competition - they would compete in the LL play-off and not the HL play-off as they are south of the Tay.

Rules and situations can be worked through to accommodate the Tayside issue. I hope that a lasting solution can be identified and implemented by league officials. Personally I feel that the SFA should be leading on this difficult issue but the world cannot be perfect.

With Lockdown sadly still with us there would appear to be plenty of time at the moment for league officials and the affected clubs to devote to establishing and delivering a workable solution that will last for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Pyramidic

37 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

It is much more messy than I previously understood. I had taken the view that all of Fife is within EOSFL territory. If we now start making the case that Tayport can compete in a Tayside League filtering into the HL, it perhaps makes room for a counter case for Dundee clubs participating in the EOSFL.

League structures and administrative boundaries can be defined with a degree of flexibility. Hypothetically, if Lochee United were accepted into the EOSFL and subsequently won the Premier Division, the league rules could be aligned to direct LUFC into the HL Play-off system and not the LL Play-off system as the club is north of the Tay boundary.

Similarly, if Tayport competed in a Tayside Senior league feeding into the HL and won the competition - they would compete in the LL play-off and not the HL play-off as they are south of the Tay.

Rules and situations can be worked through to accommodate the Tayside issue. I hope that a lasting solution can be identified and implemented by league officials. Personally I feel that the SFA should be leading on this difficult issue but the world cannot be perfect.

Technically, that's not quite right. The only place you'll find the north-south line is in the SPFL play-off rules, to decide which league a relegated L2 club would go to. There's nothing in the LL rules & constitution about location of member clubs, and it says that clubs in the WoSFL, SoSFL and EoSFL will be promoted into the LL if they win that play-off.

What that means is that if the EoSFL accepted Lochee as a member and they won the league and the play-off, they would get into the LL. If they won the LL they would play-off against the winner of the HL, and if they won that and then the play-off with SPFL club 42, they would get promoted into L2.

But the following season, if they finished bottom of L2 and lost the play-off, they would automatically be relegated into the Highland League!

The same is true of Luncarty, incidentally. They are current members of the EoSFL but their ground lies north of the hallowed line, and the rules allow no room for exceptions.

These sorts of anomalies are why I'm hoping all the parties are in discussion to get Tayside & Angus into the pyramid, and resolve the boundaries in as fair a way as possible.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Technically, that's not quite right. The only place you'll find the north-south line is in the SPFL play-off rules, to decide which league a relegated L2 club would go to. There's nothing in the LL rules & constitution about location of member clubs, and it says that clubs in the WoSFL, SoSFL and EoSFL will be promoted into the LL if they win that play-off.

What that means is that if the EoSFL accepted Lochee as a member and they won the league and the play-off, they would get into the LL. If they won the LL they would play-off against the winner of the HL, and if they won that and then the play-off with SPFL club 42, they would get promoted into L2.

But the following season, if they finished bottom of L2 and lost the play-off, they would automatically be relegated into the Highland League!

The same is true of Luncarty, incidentally. They are current members of the EoSFL but their ground lies north of the hallowed line, and the rules allow no room for exceptions.

These sorts of anomalies are why I'm hoping all the parties are in discussion to get Tayside & Angus into the pyramid, and resolve the boundaries in as fair a way as possible.

What about when the lowland league were electing members it was specifically stated then. 

As it stands unless someone announces something the  tayside is north of the line. If they dont ask highland league or even eosfl then that's what will happen. 

Luncarty is an anomaly not the rule. Harthill will be the same.

A list of clubs which are thought to have applied to the EoS or have stated somewhere that is their plan:

Bathgate Thistle
Bo'ness Juniors CFC
Livingston United
Pumpherston Juniors
West Calder United
Whitburn Juniors
Cupar Hearts

Other East Juniors which may or may not apply:
Armadale Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Harthill Royal
Sauchie CFC
Stoneyburn Juniors
Syngenta
Scone Thistle
Tayport
Edited by Dev

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

A list of clubs which are thought to have applied to the EoS or have stated somewhere that is their plan:

Bathgate Thistle
Bo'ness Juniors CFC
Livingston United
Pumpherston Juniors
West Calder United
Whitburn Juniors
Cupar Hearts

Armadale Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Harthill Royal
Sauchie CFC
Stoneyburn Juniors
Syngenta
Scone Thistle
Tayport

I know there was something about Cupar and AM soccer linking up, but have they actually said anywhere they're applying? 

On 23/12/2020 at 15:27, leomessi1984 said:

Cupar Hearts looking to make the step up next season by all accounts. Would be a decent addition. Some very good players there right now with the likes of McBride & Sibanda.

^^^this was where the Cupar Hearts angle started in this thread.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Bathgate Thistle
Bo'ness Juniors CFC
Livingston United
Pumpherston Juniors
West Calder United
Whitburn Juniors
Cupar Hearts

Armadale Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Harthill Royal
Sauchie CFC
Stoneyburn Juniors
Syngenta
Scone Thistle
Tayport

Someone has to say it...if some of those 'may or may not apply' follow through, there will be enough material there for an entire new EoS conference.

2 hours ago, sdr71 said:

Someone has to say it...if some of those 'may or may not apply' follow through, there will be enough material there for an entire new EoS conference.

Assuming this season will be null and void (can't really be avoided anymore), there will most likely be a new season of tier 7 conferences. If we assume it will be with 44 clubs (if all the above apply except for Tayport & Scone who might stay Tayside), that would be 14/15/15. In my opinion, it makes sense to then go to a 16 team First Division and Second divisions north & south (16/15/15 assuming 2 more clubs go down from the Premier than get promoted & no new applicants / clubs withdrawing).

Edited by Marten

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Bathgate Thistle
Bo'ness Juniors CFC
Livingston United
Pumpherston Juniors
West Calder United
Whitburn Juniors
Cupar Hearts

Armadale Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Harthill Royal
Sauchie CFC
Stoneyburn Juniors
Syngenta
Scone Thistle
Tayport

I was hoping for between 12 and 14 applicants joining the EOSFL from the East Region + Cupar Hearts.

I think that there are now 10 certainties

Armadale Thistle

Bathgate Thistle

Bo’ness Juniors CFC

Fauldhouse United

Livingston United 

Pumpherston Juniors 

Stoneyburn Juniors 

Syngenta

West Calder United 

Whitburn Juniors

It remains exciting times with the possibility of a couple of other additions.