New clubs in the East of Scotland

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This was the tweet those above responded to:

obviously this guy's info needs to be treated cautiously after what happened subsequently with the mistaken Tayside info that he soon had to retract, but I don't see any grey area type caveats in the statement that would get around the fact that their ground is in Greenrigg = West Lothian county area = directed to EoS not WoS. Given both leagues know full well where Harthill is I would expect some weasel wording to be in there if the leagues were expecting Harthill to wind up in the west.

I've seen that statement, but there might have been more agreed than just put in that statement. And maybe they'll simply regard Harthill as a club from Harthill, i.e. Lanarkshire.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A three way north-west-east split at tier 5 would probably have been the best way to do it from the outset 

The SPFL were never going to wear that, so it would have killed the hopes of a promotion play-off. It probably still would - they'd rather have a national league at tier 5 than 3 leagues. In any case it's only since the formation of the WoSFL that it's even been possible, before then there weren't enough clubs to have LL west. So what your saying was never remotely close to having been a possibility.

Unless you mean it would have been better if the Juniors had joined the LL from the outset, but that was never going to happen either.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What is his reasoning for them going west. Scared of trips to tweedmouth 

Yeah Alan,his comments were .....,we're going West,best of luck to all the other West Lothian clubs in the EoSFL.

Someone then asked him why?........,he responded we dont fancy travelling to Tweedmouth,Coldstream or Eyemouth.......

I wish them the best of luck wherever they go,I'm delighted that Whitburn are going to the EoSFL!!

14 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Yeah Alan,his comments were .....,we're going West,best of luck to all the other West Lothian clubs in the EoSFL.

Someone then asked him why?........,he responded we dont fancy travelling to Tweedmouth,Coldstream or Eyemouth.......

I wish them the best of luck wherever they go,I'm delighted that Whitburn are going to the EoSFL!!

But will have to travel to girvan which according to Google maps takes 3 mins more

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

But will have to travel to girvan which according to Google maps takes 3 mins more

Yup,I mentioned that too him a week ago....,I said but you may have to go to Girvan,Kello or Dalmellington.

Edited by Whitburn Vale

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Unless trips to places like Coldstream, Tweedmouth and Eyemouth are scheduled for mid-week there shouldn't be much of a problem for Harthill to get to these places, especially if Perth and Fife clubs can do it without complaint.

If the rest of the East (south) Juniors are headed to the EoS why make an exception for one club which is close to them?

Edited by Dev

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

Unless trips to places like Coldstream, Tweedmouth and Eyemouth are scheduled for mid-week there shouldn't be much of a problem for Harthill to get to these places, especially if Perth and Fife clubs can do it without complaint.

If the rest of the East (south) Juniors are headed to the EoS why make an exception for one club which is close to them?

Defo Dev,but knowing them like I do theres other factors at work.....

I’ve tried to explain this...

EoS: a league of 14 with potentially 3 borders team, a couple from Edinburgh and Lothians and the rest from Fife

WoS: pretty much the same distances with potentially 4-5 trips to Ayrshire and more clubs from the other side of Glasgow that hardly pull a crowd

Apparently this is absolute rubbish though 🙄

11 minutes ago, Dev said:

...If the rest of the East (south) Juniors are headed to the EoS why make an exception for one club which is close to them?

The statement makes no mention of any exception for Harthill Royal. It's quite possible the Harthill Royal committee member in question hasn't grasped the implications of the wording yet. I'd wait a couple of days before getting into arguments about this because as happened with the Tayside stuff last night clarifications will soon be made if anybody has grasped the wrong end of the stick where the intended meaning is concerned.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

The boundary issue doesn't need to be ratified at an AGM.

Given that it is a “hot issue” in terms of the futures of a number of clubs in the Dundee area perhaps it would be wise that such an important issue is ratified by clubs at the AGM to avoid any prospect of legal challenges.

If the boundary issue is not ratified the affected clubs will be left in a state of limbo.

Given that it is a “hot issue” in terms of the futures of a number of clubs in the Dundee area perhaps it would be wise that such an important issue is ratified by clubs at the AGM to avoid any prospect of legal challenges.
If the boundary issue is not ratified the affected clubs will be left in a state of limbo.
What legal challenge [emoji23]

Bathgate Thistle boss Andy Colley has called the club’s decision to turn senior ‘hard but logical’ after the Jags confirmed they have applied to join the East of Scotland Football League.

The move would see Thistle become a senior club and join the Scottish football pyramid system as well as potentially enter the Scottish Cup.

The Jags started off as a senior club after they were founded in 1937 prior to a move to Junior football but now they look likely to join the senior ranks once more.

Read more at:  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/bathgate-thistle-boss-calls-east-23638042

The WoS has recently mentioned liaison with the Amateur Leagues in future. Also mentioned varying the Entry Requirements for clubs wishing to apply to join and having ground requirements which vary depending upon which Tier a club is in e.g. the Top Tier needing a better standard but the bottom Tier being more relaxed about facilities.

Anyone have any ideas about the EoS doing something similar in future? It would certainly make it easier for ambitious clubs to join and for clubs which may need to take a year or two out of Senior football to return.

Promotions would no longer be based only upon finishing in a promotion position though.

46 minutes ago, Dev said:

The WoS has recently mentioned liaison with the Amateur Leagues in future. Also mentioned varying the Entry Requirements for clubs wishing to apply to join and having ground requirements which vary depending upon which Tier a club is in e.g. the Top Tier needing a better standard but the bottom Tier being more relaxed about facilities.

Anyone have any ideas about the EoS doing something similar in future? It would certainly make it easier for ambitious clubs to join and for clubs which may need to take a year or two out of Senior football to return.

Promotions would no longer be based only upon finishing in a promotion position though.

In a way the EoS already does this - it's accepted a few clubs the last few years on the understanding that they would develop their facilities to the required standard over time - Hillfield Swifts and a couple of the Fife ex-juniors who joined last summer come to mind.

Edited by sdr71