New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Great news about the West Lothian juniors going to the EOS !!

Cant wait to be sitting in the social club at Central Park,pint in hand with a smug look on my face 😎😆🥳

Are you sure they will let you in? ;) 

23 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's a group of posters on here who became emotionally invested

There is a poster on here who continually posts falsehoods and lies and when the real world doesn't go in his fantasised direction but instead goes directly opposite then claims he was in favour of it all along.

Bizarre behaviour.

37 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's a group of posters on here who became emotionally invested in this idea that the Tay Bridge line of latitude was a fixed boundary even at tier 6 and they have been insistent and obsessive enough about it to an extent that even the EoS twitter guy believed it to be the case until corrected by the powers that be in EoS terms. Now that has been clarified unambiguously hopefully a wider range of perspectives will be listened to respectfully on here. More importantly hopefully the people that actually matter will come up with a sensible resolution soon that works accetptably for all parties involved whatever that may be. I have no strong opinion beyond there having to be a clear and straightforward way in available for every Tayside club.

A three way north-west-east split at tier 5 would probably have been the best way to do it from the outset so the HL catchment wouldn't become even more drastic in travel terms but would be better balanced in population terms with two other feeders covering the central belt. It's probably too late in the day for that now, unfortunately, after option Z got nowhere early last year. Ironically the people who were most vociferously against that proposal on here support or represented clubs who would probably have benefited most from it in the longer term because down the road the LL is likely to become west dominated under a two way tier 5 split and the east is likely to be underrepresented at the level where you get a shot at promotion to the SPFL.

Swing and a miss by LTL again 😂

Edited by Burnieman

26 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Great news about the West Lothian juniors going to the EOS !!

Cant wait to be sitting in the social club at Central Park,pint in hand with a smug look on my face 😎😆🥳

Can't wait to gub you guys again, welcome aboard 😉😂

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I spoke to the guy at my work this morning from HRJFC,he wished the other West Lothian clubs all the very best in the EoSFL, but said they were actively pursuing a place in the WoSFL next season.

What is his reasoning for them going west. Scared of trips to tweedmouth 

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's a group of posters on here who became emotionally invested in this idea that the Tay Bridge line of latitude was a fixed boundary even at tier 6 and they have been insistent and obsessive enough about it to an extent that even the EoS twitter guy believed it to be the case until corrected by the powers that be in EoS terms. Now that has been clarified unambiguously hopefully a wider range of perspectives will be listened to respectfully on here. More importantly hopefully the people that actually matter will come up with a sensible resolution soon that works accetptably for all parties involved whatever that may be. I have no strong opinion beyond there having to be a clear and straightforward way in available for every Tayside club.

Your comments about "emotional investment", "listening respectfully" and "no strong opinions", seem to confirm that you have no insight into your own behaviours on this forum. Nice deflection onto the person who runs the EoSFL social media as well.

Nothing has been "clarified unambiguously" things are in exactly the same position with the North of Tay clubs as before, albeit with some hints from the EoSFL Twitter person that there are some discussions going on, between whom is speculation.

I agree entirely about your final statement however. For the sake of the clubs, there needs to be a definitive resolution.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not clear that there is any leeway in the statement wording that would allow a club based in Greenrigg, West Lothian to play in the WoS:

The full agreed rules won't all be in the statement, but I guess there is some clause for "grey areas". This tweet effectively claims Harthill is a bit of a grey area. I'd be surprised if they weren't a part of the EOS/WOS discussions. Just like with the rule for existing clubs moving, there will probably be the scope of making an exception for the likes of Harthill if both sides agree.

This was the tweet those above responded to:

obviously this guy's info needs to be treated cautiously after what happened subsequently with the mistaken Tayside info that he soon had to retract, but I don't see any grey area type caveats in the statement that would get around the fact that their ground is in Greenrigg = West Lothian county area = directed to EoS not WoS. Given both leagues know full well where Harthill is I would expect some weasel wording to be in there if the leagues were expecting Harthill to wind up in the west.

I went to bed last night pleased with the fact that the West Lothian and Tayside boundary issues has at long last been resolved.

I woke up with the thought that the EOSFL member clubs have yet to approve the the newly delineated administrative boundaries. 

In football’s administrative terms the matter has not been resolved until ratified at a SGM / EGM / AGM. The agreement between the EOSFL and WOSFL Officials provides a clear signpost for the West Lothian clubs. I suggest that the Tayside issue may still be in limbo until member clubs have voted on the issue.

There may be some support among the membership to allow Dundee clubs into the EOSFL  given the close juxtaposition and accessibility to Fife.

Edited by Pyramidic

12 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I went to bed last night pleased with the fact that the West Lothian and Tayside boundary issues has at long last been resolved.

I woke up with the thought that the EOSFL member clubs have yet to approve the the newly delineated administrative boundaries. 

In football’s administrative terms the matter has not been resolved until ratified at a SGM / EGM / AGM. The agreement between the EOSFL and WOSFL Officials provides a clear signpost for the West Lothian clubs. I suggest that the Tayside issue may still be in limbo until member clubs have voted on the issue.

There may be some support among the membership to allow Dundee clubs into the EOSFL  given the close juxtaposition and accessibility to Fife.

The boundary issue doesn't need to be ratified at an AGM.

13 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Nothing's really changed.

West Lothian is decided. Harthill's just going to be chancing their arm to go West likely arguing their a Lanarkshire club that just has a pitch in a West Lothian field. It's not really in Greenrigg or Harthill.

Tayside was never certain yesterday since the series of tweets included ongoing talks that the poster wasn't a part of and simply stating it wasn't being ignored. Which showed that nothing's really been decided.