New clubs in the East of Scotland

33 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lochee United retweeted this.

Lochee United retweeting this and the comment on the EOS twitter does suggests talks are ongoing for Tayside as well. That matches with what I've heard through the grapevine over here. I have no idea in which direction those talks are heading and in what way they hope/expect Tayside will be in the pyramid, but here is hoping it will be resolved in the near future...

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

Lochee United retweeting this and the comment on the EOS twitter does suggests talks are ongoing for Tayside as well. That matches with what I've heard through the grapevine over here. I have no idea in which direction those talks are heading and in what way they hope/expect Tayside will be in the pyramid, but here is hoping it will be resolved in the near future...

Going by eosfl tweet they will be heading north

Lochee deserve a route into the pyramid, but the problem is they put all their eggs in the SJFA basket hoping they'd find a way to get them in.

Now, talking of boundaries - can we get an application from the amateurs of Drymen United to test whether all of Stirling Council = EOS :lol:

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Going by eosfl tweet they will be heading north

That does suggest it. Personally at this stage, I just want in the pyramid, one way or the other. I'm not too bothered anymore where exactly. I just want this speculation and mud-throwing to end.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

That does suggest it. Personally at this stage, I just want in the pyramid, one way or the other. I'm not too bothered anymore where exactly. I just want this speculation and mud-throwing to end.

Yeh but what will we talk about if their is no football if the leagues have the cheek to actually sort it out

9 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yeh but what will we talk about if their is no football if the leagues have the cheek to actually sort it out

This is P&B, we'll soon enough find other stuff to argue about...

Edited by Marten

30 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Lochee deserve a route into the pyramid, but the problem is they put all their eggs in the SJFA basket hoping they'd find a way to get them in.

Now, talking of boundaries - can we get an application from the amateurs of Drymen United to test whether all of Stirling Council = EOS :lol:

Didn't realise how close the new boundaries get to Bearsden south of the Campsies.

586px-Topo_map_Stirling_Dunbartonshire.p

1 hour ago, Marten said:

This is P&B, we'll soon enough find other stuff to argue about...

We can always create new minefields to navigate - promotion and relegation between the EOSFL and the amateur leagues - which would establish a functioning pyramid which links with the grassroots.

The other East Junior clubs should be allowed to join the EOS. 

it’s the same distance to Lochee as it is to Tayport so I don’t see an issue really. Localise as the leagues get lower to make sure it isn’t too much financial stress.

Lochee to Eyemouth is two hours but Lochee to Wick is double that journey. There’s a reason the North is mainly Inverness and above.

Feel really sorry for these clubs.

35 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

The other East Junior clubs should be allowed to join the EOS. 

it’s the same distance to Lochee as it is to Tayport so I don’t see an issue really. Localise as the leagues get lower to make sure it isn’t too much financial stress.

Lochee to Eyemouth is two hours but Lochee to Wick is double that journey. There’s a reason the North is mainly Inverness and above.

Feel really sorry for these clubs.

Lochee to Wick is a tier 5 journey so not the same as comparing it to a tier 6/7 trip to Eyemouth. Or even Berwick in tier 5, which is the same as a trip to Rothes.

At tier 6 Lochee would be playing in a Tayside League or in a North Superleague made up of Tayside and mainly Aberdeen clubs. Once they have floodlights, a licence and a league win then they can get promoted to the HL. By that point the make up of the HL will have changed - Brechin might have joined, Fort William probably relegated out, Banks o'Dee possibly in there as well.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Didn't realise how close the new boundaries get to Bearsden south of the Campsies.

586px-Topo_map_Stirling_Dunbartonshire.p

Well ur Stirling council right down to you hit lennoxtown as the next village up strathblane is in stirling. Bearsden and milngavie are close aswell

7 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Wick are one club and the most extreme outlier in the Highland League. That's one league game a season. It's amazing how many are scared of that prospect. It's the same nonsense of Elgin on a wet Tuesday.

As for North of Inverness do you mean actually North of Inverness travel wise? Because if you do that's only 2/17 clubs in the Highland League (Wick and Brora).

Or geographically Northern to Inverness which would include the likes Fraserburgh who are basically on the East coast?