New clubs in the East of Scotland

2 hours ago, buloyal said:

I remember sitting in the meeting the club called for members and invited the boy Oliver in to discuss intentions with the club. I remember the question what if Boness wanted to move back to junior and the answer was the junior team would disband or go back amateur, then he was asked what if you got to a situation that you were wanting to go to the EOS league and again they said they we’re only interested in bringing a junior team back to Boness and being a pathway from kids to senior. Talk about rebranding and moving to the EOS League if true and not a rumour is simply a slap in the face to the members of the senior club, and to be brutal about it dishonest. There is no way on this planet a town the size of Boness could sustain two “senior” clubs. 
im sure it’s probably only a rumour and has no substance 

As I’ve mentioned on here already, someone told me two years ago this has (allegedly) been the intention of BUJFC all along and the reason their backer agreed to come on board and is paying players a wage. I can’t help but feel inclined to believe that given the financial backing they’ve been receiving in a grade that’s been very obviously on it’s way out and only a matter of time before it died altogether in the east of Scotland. 

42 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Wasnt there so don’t know the detail of any commitments that were made. But surely you recognise that the football landscape has changed. Junior football is no longer an option. At least 2 amateur clubs already exist in Bo’ness.

What if the amateurs, Cadora wanted to go to EOS and applied to the league?  BU has no veto. The landlords of the stadium are the only ones with any say. 

I very much doubt there has been any financial impact to BU with BUJFC in the town. Likely this will continue if they were to step into EOS.

The landscape hasn’t changed at all though. Junior football has been slowly dying on its arse for the best part of the last decade and it couldn’t have been more transparent. This is precisely why I think the formation of BUJFC and their mission statement “to bring Junior football back to Bo’ness” doesn’t really wash with a lot of folk. If there was any appetite for Junior football in Bo’ness, it’s unlikely there’d have been a decline in attendances at BU matches over recent years. The team were still there or thereabouts and had some cup successes but ultimately the withdrawal of Scottish Cup entry/licensing policy for entry fucked it for most, whilst the financial incentives of the Junior Cup were minimal combined with a Junior Association who ran what was once almost regarded as a semi-pro level like a pub league. Hard to get fans behind a side and attending matches when you’d be lucky to get a fixture list covering more than 6-8 weeks at a time. Frankly it became utterly pathetic and a complete laughing stock.

28 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

As I’ve mentioned on here already, someone told me two years ago this has (allegedly) been the intention of BUJFC all along and the reason their backer agreed to come on board and is paying players a wage. I can’t help but feel inclined to believe that given the financial backing they’ve been receiving in a grade that’s been very obviously on it’s way out and only a matter of time before it died altogether in the east of Scotland. 

The landscape hasn’t changed at all though. Junior football has been slowly dying on its arse for the best part of the last decade and it couldn’t have been more transparent. This is precisely why I think the formation of BUJFC and their mission statement “to bring Junior football back to Bo’ness” doesn’t really wash with a lot of folk. If there was any appetite for Junior football in Bo’ness, it’s unlikely there’d have been a decline in attendances at BU matches over recent years. The team were still there or thereabouts and had some cup successes but ultimately the withdrawal of Scottish Cup entry/licensing policy for entry fucked it for most, whilst the financial incentives of the Junior Cup were minimal combined with a Junior Association who ran what was once almost regarded as a semi-pro level like a pub league. Hard to get fans behind a side and attending matches when you’d be lucky to get a fixture list covering more than 6-8 weeks at a time. Frankly it became utterly pathetic and a complete laughing stock.

Not for believing that!
1. If it was the intention all along, they could have just become a tenant with NPA at Newtown Park as “Bo’ness Thistle” (from Linlithgow Thistle) and went EOS in the first place, without having to discuss anything with BU.

2. If you look back, the “backer” and main sponsors have, on the whole, all been involved as sponsors of Linlithgow Thistle for many years before continuing sponsorship of BUJFC.

14 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Not for believing that!
1. If it was the intention all along, they could have just become a tenant with NPA at Newtown Park as “Bo’ness Thistle” (from Linlithgow Thistle) and went EOS in the first place, without having to discuss anything with BU.

2. If you look back, the “backer” and main sponsors have, on the whole, all been involved as sponsors of Linlithgow Thistle for many years before continuing sponsorship of BUJFC.

1. Possibly apprehension that the NPA might’ve knocked them back had they expressed an intent to go EOS whilst Bo’ness United were still in the EOS? 

2. Fair enough. I know little about the backer or Linlithgow Thistle’s history. Not sure the backer’s previous involvement/investment when the club were amateurs bears much relevance to their perceived upping the ante/bankrolling the team since their transition to Juniors and now (allegedly) EOS.

Edited by 8MileBU

What clubs are going to apply to join the EOSFL before the end of March closing date? This is my current take on the position.

Certainties

Livingston United
Pumpherston Juniors

Strong Possibilities

Bo'ness United Juniors (renamed)
Cupar Hearts / AM Soccer
Syngenta
Tayport

Out of catchment applicants
Broughty Athletic
Carnoustie Panmure
Lochee United

Dual Applicants EOSFL/WOSFL

Armadale Thistle
Bathgate Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Stoneyburn Juniors
West Calder United
Whitburn Juniors

Unlikely

Harthill Royal
Linlithgow Rose Community (renamed)
Sauchie Community (renamed)
Scone Thistle

Perhaps in the future

Bredalbane (Aberfeldy)
Duns
Kelso
Selkirk

Edited by Pyramidic

13 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Wasnt there so don’t know the detail of any commitments that were made. But surely you recognise that the football landscape has changed. Junior football is no longer an option. At least 2 amateur clubs already exist in Bo’ness.

What if the amateurs, Cadora wanted to go to EOS and applied to the league?  BU has no veto. The landlords of the stadium are the only ones with any say. 

I very much doubt there has been any financial impact to BU with BUJFC in the town. Likely this will continue if they were to step into EOS.

Well I was there and it was very much brought to life as a pathway to senior football, comments like and agreed with by the lad there was that they were very much considered a feeder team to the seniors and obviously vice versa the other way around. I’m also led to believe anytime that the seniors has asked for players they were told categorically no, again rumours and what I have heard when speaking with people within the club. 

there would be massive impact on financial, course there would, in a town the size of Boness you couldn’t possibly run in effect two senior clubs, that’s crazy ! 

As a member of the senior club for many years I was always a bit dubious at the start when I heard in Fisons that night but also seen the benefits for the young lads coming up and also all the teams invovled, but If this is the case I’m sorry I don’t see any benefit at all for the community teams or the senior team at all. 
the whole rebranding thing simply says to me thank you don’t need you anymore we are established we are going out own way ! 
Certainly doesn’t get my vote if this is the case 

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

What clubs are going to apply to join the EOSFL before the end of March closing date? This is my current take on the position.

Certainties

Livingston United
Pumpherston Juniors

Strong Possibilities

Bo'ness United Juniors (renamed)
Cupar Hearts / AM Soccer
Syngenta
Tayport

Out of catchment applicants
Broughty Athletic
Carnoustie Panmure
Lochee United

Dual Applicants EOSFL/WOSFL

Armadale Thistle
Bathgate Thistle
Fauldhouse United
Stoneyburn Juniors
West Calder United
Whitburn Juniors

Unlikely

Harthill Royal
Linlithgow Rose Community (renamed)
Sauchie Community (renamed)
Scone Thistle

Perhaps in the future

Bredalbane (Aberfeldy)
Duns
Kelso
Selkirk

If the EOSFL accept say 12 new clubs for the 2021/22 season one can expect either of the following formats:

Option A:

Premier Division - 18 clubs

Division One - 3 conferences

Conference A - 15 clubs
Conference B - 14 clubs
Conference C - 14 clubs

Option B:

Premier Division - 16 clubs

Division One - 16 clubs

Division Two - 2 conferences

Conference A - 15 clubs
Conference B - 14 clubs

Either option looks pretty exciting to me for a prospective applicant.

Not for believing that!

I have said for years that the BUJFC will eventually swallow up BUFC.

They are well run and ambitious and that's qualities that would only be beneficial in the long term. Add in their committee are young and have longevity on their side - a quality often lacking in clubs.

15 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

They are well run and ambitious and that's qualities that would only be beneficial in the long term. Add in their committee are young and have longevity on their side - a quality often lacking in clubs.

I suppose you just wish you were on the same level as Boness, but hey ho you can keep trying ! Don’t give up 

17 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I Dont Think So Kyla Pratt GIF by FOX TV

Deary me... 😂

5 hours ago, buloyal said:

there would be massive impact on financial, course there would, in a town the size of Boness you couldn’t possibly run in effect two senior clubs, that’s crazy ! 

I'm not saying it's relevant or anything, but FWIW Forfar has almost exactly the same population as Bo'ness and it has a L1 club, two juniors and one of the best women's teams in the country.

All three of Forfar's men's sides are bottom of their respective leagues, so I'm not suggesting this as a model or anything...

8 hours ago, buloyal said:

Well I was there and it was very much brought to life as a pathway to senior football, comments like and agreed with by the lad there was that they were very much considered a feeder team to the seniors and obviously vice versa the other way around. I’m also led to believe anytime that the seniors has asked for players they were told categorically no, again rumours and what I have heard when speaking with people within the club. 

As a member of the senior club for many years I was always a bit dubious at the start when I heard in Fisons that night but also seen the benefits for the young lads coming up and also all the teams invovled, but If this is the case I’m sorry I don’t see any benefit at all for the community teams or the senior team at all. 
the whole rebranding thing simply says to me thank you don’t need you anymore we are established we are going out own way ! 
Certainly doesn’t get my vote if this is the case 

The person who first told me of their alleged true intentions referred to them as “the squatters” and now it’s definitely coming across that way if I’m being honest. Have always wished them well but too much getting banded about now that they’ve intended to go EOS all along, so does seem like they’ve hijacked their way into Newtown and potentially tapping the fanbase too. Would genuinely hope the senior sides support remain loyal to the BU and would hate to hear of fans who’d normally go to away games opting not to travel to watch the other side instead.

4 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Different options with "meat on the bones"  so people can visualise it.  Just guesswork on what clubs are where.  I left Harthill out.

OPTION A.jpg

OPTION B.jpg

Doesn't look too bad for any newbies.

Is there a date the current season needs to be concluded by, or is it a possibility that it gets extended to the end of July? Assuming we're allowed to get back playing football in the next couple of months. 

2 minutes ago, Rockall said:

Is there a date the current season needs to be concluded by, or is it a possibility that it gets extended to the end of July? Assuming we're allowed to get back playing football in the next couple of months. 

I don't think anyone across the pyramid leagues are going to want to negatively impact next season by prolonging this one.

New teams coming in to the EOS should not be given any opportunity to make the premier league after only one season. That IMO would be a massive slap in the face to existing teams.
If the lowest level they can enter at offers that opportunity then of course it should. Every club outwith the Premier has that opportunity.

It can only happen if this season is null and void.

Doesn't look too bad for any newbies.
We're told we need to be back in training by mid-April at the latest in order to wrap up half a season, settle the remainder on PPG, and complete any play-off for LL.

31 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If the lowest level they can enter at offers that opportunity then of course it should. Every club outwith the Premier has that opportunity.

It can only happen if this season is null and void.

I think it's kind of understandable considering some of these teams have had "two seasons" without a proper chance of promotion