New clubs in the East of Scotland

Tbh if the West should quite frankly not be accepting an application from Whitburn.
They are an east region club with no dubiety about it
If they do go West we should just all play where we want to get wherever we want to be.
Leadership from both leagues is required here otherwise a can of worms will be opened.
Absolutely. West Lothian would be a mess, and I guess it opens the way for anyone in WL to move west, and anyone in Lanarkshire to move east. Needs nipped in the bud.

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Tbh if the West should quite frankly not be accepting an application from Whitburn.

If they do go West we should just all play where we want to get wherever we want to be.

Leadership from both leagues is required here otherwise a can of worms will be opened.

Here are some of their honours history.  Hmmm.  Looks east to me

336728889_Screenshot_20210219-212941_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.357e33d1225979dd3274629d4a0314ab.jpg

Totally agree. 

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
27 minutes ago, whitburn exile said:
So Whitburn committee have confirmed on Facebook that will be joining pyramid just not sure if East or West. I’ve asked why any decision to make but doubt I will get a response.

Have they actually consulted their members/fans?

Not that I am aware of. Living down south I’m out the loop but certainly nothing on social media

49 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Tbh the West should quite frankly not be accepting an application from Whitburn.

Here are some of their honours history.  Hmmm.  Looks east to me

336728889_Screenshot_20210219-212941_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.357e33d1225979dd3274629d4a0314ab.jpg

I have to admit I think the fans should have a say but to be honest before Whitburn apply to either the EOSFL or and the WOSFL they would have to do ground reconnaissance to see all options and then put all viable options it to the fans anyways

Playing devils advocate here.
What is the honors list go to do with them moving to the WOSFL seniors or for that matter the EOSFL seniors league, absolute nothing.
If the team are leaving the EOS junior league then that what they are doing so past honors has nothing to do with the new associations

What it does show is a very good history in the juniors which should be noted and cherished as I'm sure any team that has left or leaving the junior grade should be doing

I think it should be definitive with the location and boundaries

Something speculated on in the WoSFL forum is creating a division of new applicants that would be beneath their Tier 7 Conferences. 

That's due to the number of applicants so far and the commitment made not to punish teams that sat out the season. 

If that happens its certainly not the chance of jumping up the Tiers. 

Not sure how attractive it will be playing amateurs and youth teams turned senior for a prize of Tier 9 on the pyramid. But then they've been happy plodding along with community clubs & Syngenta the last couple of years. 

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I was merely highlighting their history as an East club.  Geographically they are an east club.

Admission to the West Region would for me make a mockery of boundaries.

I agree with you 100% about boundaries, it was only stated incase some did think that because their honors were won in the East so they should be east.

the boundary should be used for every team in the whole country.
Are every team in the EOS junior league all east of the boundaries for the EOSFL option ?

1 hour ago, whitburn exile said:

So Whitburn committee have confirmed on Facebook that will be joining pyramid just not sure if East or West. I’ve asked why any decision to make but doubt I will get a response.

I’m not on Facepoop, but just for clarity does Whitburn’s pyramid statement say they’re not sure if East or West, or is it you who’s unsure if East or West?

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m not on Facepoop, but just for clarity does Whitburn’s pyramid statement say they’re not sure if East or West, or is it you who’s unsure if East or West?

Whitburn's pyramid statement:

"Update for our supporters.
To avoid any rumours, it has been decided by the Committee for us to move into the Pyramid System for next season.
At the moment it is undecided whether it will be East or West but will inform you all as soon as possible."

16 minutes ago, stanley said:

Whitburn's pyramid statement:

"Update for our supporters.
To avoid any rumours, it has been decided by the Committee for us to move into the Pyramid System for next season.
At the moment it is undecided whether it will be East or West but will inform you all as soon as possible."

Thanks. 

As has already been as good as said, I would like to think any notions they have of joining the WOSFL are laughed off and their application is then filed in the bin.

Edited by 8MileBU

11 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Indeed, though if clubs who have traditionally always been east or west irrespective of grade get to jump back and forth because it suits them then the game is up...

Colin Boyd (parkcircus) of the WoS IMG and Kilwinning Rangers has posted on the WoS subforum that he doesn't think the EoS or WoS would ever entertain an application from an existing member of the other league.

48 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think the lack of boundaries is that big an issue. It's more the fact that both leagues are in a transitional phase.

There really isn't any ambiguity here though.
All the former Junior teams from West Lothian that moved into the Pyramid have moved into the East of Scotland league.
All the former Junior teams of the East Region that Whitburn were happy to compete against for many years have moved into the East of Scotland league.

The West Lothian teams that have put loyalty to the Junior totem over progress on and off the football park have fared very poorly over the past couple of seasons. I just hope the Eos and WoS don't indulge these clubs misplaced obsessions.

3 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

There are no boundaries. That's the problem.

I think basic common sense should tell the leagues where the boundaries are, and always have been.

If West Lothian ends up being a mix of EoS and WoS territory, then the WoS expands right upto the Edinburgh by-pass. It also opens the possibility of the EoS recruiting Lanarkshire clubs which runs right into the heart of Glasgow.

All because a few West Lothian clubs don't want to lose face over their futile stand for the Juniors.

Hopefully the EoS and the WoS, and the SoS,  can get their heads together very quickly to sort out boundaries by the location of the ground (not the name of the club). However, clubs already on the "wrong" side of any new boundaries should be allowed to continue where they are e.g. Dunipace, Kello Rovers, Caledonian Braves Reserves and if they did make a move back to their "own" areas then they would not be allowed to switch again in future.

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

Hopefully the EoS and the WoS, and the SoS,  can get their heads together very quickly to sort out boundaries by the location of the ground (not the name of the club). However, clubs already on the "wrong" side of any new boundaries should be allowed to continue where they are e.g. Dunipace, Kello Rovers, Caledonian Braves Reserves and if they did make a move back to their "own" areas then they would not be allowed to switch again in future.

If they ever get their heads together then it simply must involve the SoS and WoS merging.