New clubs in the East of Scotland

The “word on the street” I heard when Linlithgow Thistle first became Bo’ness United Junior FC was basically that joining the EOS has been their intention all along and why someone agreed to get onboard and fund them. 
Another Bo'ness club seems daft to me but as long as they're entirely separate from the BU's and have access to Newtown, then batter on. They might benefit from the rebound of fans returning and there being a game on almost every week.

What about Dinamo Bo'ness?

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Another Bo'ness club seems daft to me but as long as they're entirely separate from the BU's and have access to Newtown, then batter on. They might benefit from the rebound of fans returning and there being a game on almost every week.

What about Real Bo'ness. That should clear up any confusion 😘

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There may still have been an expectation in some quarters that the east region could get into the pyramid. There certainly still was in SJFA circles long after it should have been obvious that the EoS had the ability to block it and there was hee haw the SFA board could do about it, beyond the plan Z scenario that quickly got shot down by the LL. East region pyramid entry would have meant that Atletico BUs could effectively hijack the junior legacy of Real BUs.

Steady...

3 hours ago, PastyMan said:

What about Real Bo'ness. That should clear up any confusion 😘

Steady you as well! 😄

In all seriousness, I joked about Bo’ness (Lowland) being “Real Bo’ness” when I’d mentioned the “word on the street” on here before, but for whatever reason the Stedfast chap seemed to take a right huff with the “Real” Bo’ness bit...🤷🏻‍♂️

Suppose I can understand why now given their (alleged) true intentions all along seemingly becoming public knowledge.

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

This is the bit that sits uneasy with me. Obviously I’d like to see any Bo’ness team do well, but as I first heard the rumour they intended to eventually join EOS back when they first became Bo’ness United Juniors, on the face of it, now that they’re apparently choosing to apply to join the EOS, it all seems a bit of a sneaky and underhanded way to get themselves a ground. I also don’t like the idea that their existence could possibly see a fall in the number of fans Bo’ness (Lowland) would normally take to away games. 

I’ve always wished BUJFC well and looked out for their results, but never would I have wished them well at the expense of Bo’ness Utd and particularly if (again allegedly) a person or company is simply going to bankroll them into (potentially) rising through the EOS and becoming a direct competitor to the Senior side and it’s fan base having gained access to the same ground by perhaps being dishonest from the start. 

However, I suppose at this stage it’s still all speculation and conjecture. 

Edited by 8MileBU

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Steady...

Steady you as well! 😄

In all seriousness, I joked about Bo’ness (Lowland) being “Real Bo’ness” when I’d mentioned the “word on the street” on here before, but for whatever reason the Stedfast chap seemed to take a bit a right huff with it.

Suppose I can understand why now given their (alleged) true intentions all along seemingly becoming public knowledge.

This is the bit that sits uneasy with me. Obviously I’d like to see any Bo’ness team do well, but as I first heard the rumour they intended to eventually join EOS back when they first became Bo’ness United Juniors, on the face of it, now that they’re apparently choosing to apply to join the EOS, it all seems a bit of a sneaky and underhanded way to get themselves a ground. I also don’t like the idea that their existence could possibly see a fall in the number of fans Bo’ness (Lowland) would normally take to away games. 

I’ve always wished BUJFC well and looked out for their results, but never would I have wished them well at the expense of Bo’ness Utd and particularly if (again allegedly) a person or company is simply going to bankroll them into (potentially) rising through the EOS and becoming a direct competitor to the Senior side and it’s fan base having gained access to the same ground by perhaps being dishonest from the start. 

However, I suppose at this stage it’s still all speculation and conjecture. 

I know that there was never any intention of BUJFC going to EoS or even going into the pyramid, even if en bloc under ERSJFA. They were set up to bring Junior football back to a staunch Junior town, with many people loving the grade.

Without Junior game dissolving, what to do?

Nothing sneaky or underhand at all. If they wanted to join East of Scotland, they could equally have asked Newtown Park Association to be a tenant as they did in order to go Junior. They’re a customer like any other club. If it’s not another senior or junior Bo’ness club asking, I’m sure an out of town club will be chapping at the door.

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

4 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

I know that there was never any intention of BUJFC going to EoS or even going into the pyramid, even if en bloc under ERSJFA. They were set up to bring Junior football back to a staunch Junior town, with many people loving the grade.

Without Junior game dissolving, what to do?

Nothing sneaky or underhand at all. If they wanted to join East of Scotland, they could equally have asked Newtown Park Association to be a tenant as they did in order to go Junior. They’re a customer like any other club. If it’s not another senior or junior Bo’ness club asking, I’m sure an out of town club will be chapping at the door.

I don’t think Bo’ness has been a “staunch Junior town” for a long, long time. Interest in the Junior grade in Bo’ness (and elsewhere) had been on the decline for well over a decade at least. The lack of any major uptake in attendance of fans at the newly formed BUJFC probably affirmed that?

After big Scottish Cup entry stopped being a thing, a notable drop in attendances was apparent at Bo’ness. Interest in normal league, cup and even Junior Cup matches were less, and probably most surprising of all, even the derby match against Linlithgow was less well attended than in years gone by and during a period BU often bested them.

Edited by 8MileBU

56 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

...I don’t think Bo’ness has been a “staunch Junior town” for a long, long time...

...and most of the east superleague had defected at the same time the BUs did anyway so what was left wasn't what people may or may not have been staunch about in those bygone days of yore. Losing to Ellon United in the SJC and playing league games against clubs like Rosyth and Syngenta was a pale imitation of the real thing.

4 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Thanks Dev:

Didn't someone on P&B say that there may be changes at Bathgate Thistle as the Chairman(?) wished to retire and they were looking for a new committee? Maybe that's it and or the new committee has made a decision about next season?

So Whitburn committee have confirmed on Facebook that will be joining pyramid just not sure if East or West. I’ve asked why any decision to make but doubt I will get a response.
Have they actually consulted their members/fans?