New clubs in the East of Scotland

Postcodes opens up a new can of worms as it looks like FK3 may not fully concide with the old burgh boundary that the community council still seems to be based on:

900px-FK_postcode_area_map.svg.png

Worth noting that Bo'ness is still in EH territory on that as traditional county boundaries still often get used in that context making Bo'ness West Lothian as it was for many centuries. Stoneyburn is actually in Midlothian rather than West Lothian if you consider what often still gets written on envelopes.

3 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Accoring to Royal Mail, the correct postal address is in fact

Falkirk Football Club
Falkirk Stadium
6 Stadium Way
FALKIRK
FK2 9EE

Silly me I only looked at their web page! Accoring to The Falkirk Stadium webpage says Grangemouth.

Accoring to The Falkirk FC webpage says Falkirk

Edited by razamanaz

Think the step into senior football makes distances etc almost a thing of the past, the current leagues set up down south shows there are always geographic problems. Maybe the Junior/amateur set up allowed teams to stay fairly local , I guess its up to both clubs and players how far they are willing to progress.

On 03/02/2021 at 16:12, Jimi Shandrix said:

:thumsup2 The next couple of months should make for interesting viewing.

As well as on here, Jimi is hinting on the Highland League forum that Broughty and others will be throwing in applications to the EoS.

If the applications get put forward for discussion by members, it will be interesting to see what the feeling is with the liklihood of further changes to league structures to accomodate them, in addition to the likely influx of West Lothian clubs.

31 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As well as on here, Jimi is hinting on the Highland League forum that Broughty and others will be throwing in applications to the EoS.

If the applications get put forward for discussion by members, it will be interesting to see what the feeling is with the liklihood of further changes to league structures to accomodate them, in addition to the likely influx of West Lothian clubs.

Jimi is doing no such thing. Mr Burnieman adding 2 and 2 and getting 5. All I'm saying is that we should have some answers by the end of March deadline as to what will happen with Tayside.

6 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Jimi is doing no such thing. Mr Burnieman adding 2 and 2 and getting 5. All I'm saying is that we should have some answers by the end of March deadline as to what will happen with Tayside.

Oh c'mon Jimi, your  "I know something you don't" posts are fairly obvious!

32 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Absolutely delighted that my hometown club have finally took the leap.....,looking forward to attending an EoS game at Central park when we can!!!

Glad it's the EoS too !!

Common sense prevailed. Well done whitburn. If fauldhouse and armadale try and go west they should be ashamed. Harthill is understandable 

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Common sense prevailed. Well done whitburn. If fauldhouse and armadale try and go west they should be ashamed. Harthill is understandable 

I'd hope the WoS and EoS talk to each other and agree not to turn West Lothian into a shambles.   WL is EoS territory.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'd hope the WoS and EoS talk to each other and agree not to turn West Lothian into a shambles.   WL is EoS territory.

Too true. I just hope that the WoS know that Harthill's ground is in WL not Lanarkshire so they don't make a decision based solely on the club's name. If WoS and EoS liaise over Harthill and they go to the WoS then fair enough and good luck to Harthill.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

The only reason certain posters don't want West Lothian clubs to go to the WoS is because they wouldn't view this as a total victory in their years long "battle" conducted via a Football Forum.

I don't think that's fair. Any "victory" happened long ago when the West clubs joined the WoS.

I think most people want old rivalries back. The senior/junior divide kept local teams apart and splitting West Lothian between the WoS and EoS would continue that. The juniors moving to the senior leagues should remove the divide between the clubs.

The only reason certain posters don't want West Lothian clubs to go to the WoS is because they wouldn't view this as a total victory in their years long "battle" conducted via a Football Forum.
Christ you're an attention seeking idiot.

Too true. I just hope that the WoS know that Harthill's ground is in WL not Lanarkshire so they don't make a decision based solely on the club's name. If WoS and EoS liaise over Harthill and they go to the WoS then fair enough and good luck to Harthill.

I don't think anyone would have an issue with Harthill moving over to the WoS if that is what they wanted. The rest, well, anyone with an understanding of football knows that turning WL into a mess split between different leagues isn't good for the Pyramid.