New clubs in the East of Scotland

10 hours ago, sdr71 said:

How is Blairgowrie to Tweedmouth geographically acceptable at step 8 when Brechin to Berwick isn't at step 5?  Is this some new postmodernist reinterpretation of the shape of a pyramid being invented here?

Yes, I might seem strange that Brechin City are happy to travel to Berwick or Gretna now or Auckinleck in the future but not to Inverness, let alone to Fraserburgh.

Ah! But they get their players from the Lowland League area - they overlook suitable ones from Dundee, Angus and Aberdeenshire who aren't cheap enough or, presumably, good enough. This club really needs to reconnect with its' community!

Of course the easier option for a club from Angus is to join the Lowland League and make those clubs add to their travels when it's not necessary as there is, already the equivalent Pyramid League in the north - the Highland League. Haven't you ever heard of it ?

It was known pretty early last year, and well before the deadline that the traditional Fife clubs and a then unknown club had applied. Many going public as time ticked towards March 31st.

Hopefully it plays out the same way this year. Everyone's mothballed right now with no games being played, so there's no excuses in not get applications organised early.

Three years into this i'm not expecting a collective effort being made by the Tayside clubs to deal with their concerns. By the time April rolls around they'll have to come up with something that amounts to more than a theoretical Midland League.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Yes, I might seem strange that Brechin City are happy to travel to Berwick or Gretna now or Auckinleck in the future but not to Inverness, let alone to Fraserburgh.

Ah! But they get their players from the Lowland League area - they overlook suitable ones from Dundee, Angus and Aberdeenshire who aren't cheap enough or, presumably, good enough. This club really needs to reconnect with its' community!

It must be a cost decision: it's difficult to imagine there aren't better players locally.

13 hours ago, sdr71 said:

How is Blairgowrie to Tweedmouth geographically acceptable at step 8 when Brechin to Berwick isn't at step 5?  Is this some new postmodernist reinterpretation of the shape of a pyramid being invented here?

I think if the EOS ever gets to the stage of having those two clubs in the league, it would be in a regionalised bottom tier so they wouldn't play each other.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It was known pretty early last year, and well before the deadline that the traditional Fife clubs and a then unknown club had applied. Many going public as time ticked towards March 31st.

Hopefully it plays out the same way this year. Everyone's mothballed right now with no games being played, so there's no excuses in not get applications organised early.

Three years into this i'm not expecting a collective effort being made by the Tayside clubs to deal with their concerns. By the time April rolls around they'll have to come up with something that amounts to more than a theoretical Midland League.

It was quiet on this thread until 9th February when Kirkcaldy & Dysart applied, then four others went public in the next couple of weeks. Suppose it'll depend on who blinks first in WL.

Prediction - West Lothian goes EOS, Tayside will be left on their own with 15 clubs (if Scone and Tayport move), they'll give it a go for one season since this one was interrupted but then realise a big league isn't competitive, and reluctantly ask the North Juniors if they want to team up.

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

West Lothian goes EOS, Tayside will be left on their own with 15 clubs (if Scone and Tayport move), they'll give it a go for one season since this one was interrupted but then realise a big league isn't competitive, and reluctantly ask the North Juniors if they want to team up.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Bit of a tangent.  I had wondered about thee East Region's sponsors to see if they would maybe rethink their commitment if the league continued to erode. The 2 main East Region cup competitions seem to be more Tayside leaning than Lothian area. So they should hopefully be able to keep them on board for some sponsorship revenue to support the running of the league.

22 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I think if the EOS ever gets to the stage of having those two clubs in the league, it would be in a regionalised bottom tier so they wouldn't play each other.

It was quiet on this thread until 9th February when Kirkcaldy & Dysart applied, then four others went public in the next couple of weeks. Suppose it'll depend on who blinks first in WL.

Prediction - West Lothian goes EOS, Tayside will be left on their own with 15 clubs (if Scone and Tayport move), they'll give it a go for one season since this one was interrupted but then realise a big league isn't competitive, and reluctantly ask the North Juniors if they want to team up.

This.

Probably the most sensible outcome anyway, just taking far longer than needs be. Might add Tayport may move back "North" if they want to at some point as well.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

The Tayside clubs will become the ERJFA in its entirety, so there's no immediate need for them to do anything differently to what they were doing this season. There remains the carrot of a Scottish Cup place for the winner. I can't see Scone moving and to be honest, I'm not even sure their ground meets current requirements as you can easily see in.

The West Lothian clubs (and maybe Tayport) move to the EoS whilst the remainder of the ERJFA (Tayside) ploughs on for at least another season.

The EoS (depending on what happens this season) then moves to 16 - 16 - 16 - 12(ish) ie a third division,  or 16 - 16 - 14/14(ish)  ie two second division conferences, depends on final application numbers.

4 hours ago, Dev said:

Hopefully Tier 8 in the EoS would be split on a regional basis in order to reduce travel distances. Would the EoS clubs vote in Perthshire clubs like Blairgowrie and Coupar Angus? Who knows!

Only one way to find out and that's to put in an application. They took one last year that was over the boundary.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The Tayside clubs will become the ERJFA in its entirety, so there's no immediate need for them to do anything differently to what they were doing this season. There remains the carrot of a Scottish Cup place for the winner. I can't see Scone moving and to be honest, I'm not even sure their ground meets current requirements as you can easily see in.

The West Lothian clubs (and maybe Tayport) move to the EoS whilst the remainder of the ERJFA (Tayside) ploughs on for at least another season.

The EoS (depending on what happens this season) then moves to 16 - 16 - 16 - 12(ish) ie a third division,  or 16 - 16 - 14/14(ish)  ie two second division conferences, depends on final application numbers.

And presumably on a vote by members?

43 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

And presumably on a vote by members?

I would assume so, the board generally put forward options for clubs to discuss and agree.  I'd imagine the two I highlighted could be the main options given that Premier and the new First have already been agreed for next season, tiers 8 & 9 below that was dependent on how many new applicants would need to be accomodated.

Would be great to see both the East and West (ex Juniors) make the move into a more senior league, connected to the EOS and Lowland. All progressive, with clubs making upgrades etc when they can - the more ambitious can climb the ladder (to success) Always thought having more divisions was the only way forward,under the EOS,Lowland umbrella. Will the vote get carried through ?

On 20/01/2021 at 15:47, Burnieman said:

It's a bit more difficult now to see in Scone's ground from outside, it's fairly enclosed nowadays.

In terms of Blairgowrie & Coupar Angus, there is no chance they'd go elsewhere without the Tayside clubs. For them Tayside is the logical region to be in. I doubt they'd want to go EOS unless the rest of Tayside does, due to travel reasons. And let's be honest, it's not like either will soon challenge for promotion to the EOS Premier (or even First) any time soon should they make the move.

Here is how I would propose a possible Second Division regional system using EOS Conference current standings, Tayport and the rest of the West Lothian juniors bar WOS interested Harthill joining and Cupar Hearts being rumoured. 

EOS Second Division North

St Andrews

Glenrothes

Kirkcaldy and Dysart

Lochore Welfare

Lochgelly Albert

Tayport

Cupar Hearts

Easthouses Lily MW

Ormiston

EOS Second Division West

Dunipace

Syngenta

Bo'ness Utd Juniors

Armadale Thistle

Fauldhouse United

West Calder Utd

Whitburn

Stoneyburn

Bathgate Thistle

Sauchie Juniors

EOS Second Division East

Coldstream

Dalkeith

Arniston Rangers

Tweedmouth

Eyemouth United

Hawick RAU

Peebles Rovers

Preston Athletic

Livingston Utd

Pumpherston Juniors

8 minutes ago, zenon said:

Here is how I would propose a possible Second Division regional system using EOS Conference current standings, Tayport and the rest of the West Lothian juniors bar WOS interested Harthill joining and Cupar Hearts being rumoured. 

EOS Second Division North

St Andrews

Glenrothes

Kirkcaldy and Dysart

Lochore Welfare

Lochgelly Albert

Tayport

Cupar Hearts

Easthouses Lily MW

Ormiston

EOS Second Division West

Dunipace

Syngenta

Bo'ness Utd Juniors

Armadale Thistle

Fauldhouse United

West Calder Utd

Whitburn

Stoneyburn

Bathgate Thistle

Sauchie Juniors

EOS Second Division East

Coldstream

Dalkeith

Arniston Rangers

Tweedmouth

Eyemouth United

Hawick RAU

Peebles Rovers

Preston Athletic

Livingston Utd

Pumpherston Juniors

I don't imagine that'd get a ton of support.