New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

By the sounds of it Whitburn will be applying for the  North Juniors before they accept any potential move to the EoS

I sincerely hope not. Those running the club need to realise the juniors is finished and future is in the pyramid 

I sincerely hope not. Those running the club need to realise the juniors is finished and future is in the pyramid 
Whitburn one of football's great mysteries.

Back in the 80's and 90's they had great teams. A well run club with Jim Donald and Ian Sherlock. A right top junior club.

It was a place you hated to go as a victory at Central Park was as rare as hens teeth.

A great support home and away - all the ingredients required for a successful club.

Then the fateful decision to not join the super league along with their other main rivals.

Unfortunately the decline since has shown the folly of their decision.

Linlithgow nearly made the same mistake by resisting a move to the EoS, fortunately common sense prevailed.

29 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Whitburn one of football's great mysteries.

Back in the 80's and 90's they had great teams. A well run club with Jim Donald and Ian Sherlock. A right top junior club.

It was a place you hated to go as a victory at Central Park was as rare as hens teeth.

A great support home and away - all the ingredients required for a successful club.

Then the fateful decision to not join the super league along with their other main rivals.

Unfortunately the decline since has shown the folly of their decision.

Linlithgow nearly made the same mistake by resisting a move to the EoS, fortunately common sense prevailed.

Spot on.

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Enjoy Deveronside!

Don't think he's the same poster as WhitburnVale (?) who still lives and works in the Whitburn area but seems to also have some link to Banff. Somebody will wind up being the Felix McKenna of the East threatening to lead the movement back to the SJFA over some relatively trivial issue (cue red dot from the Pharoah) after lack of numbers finally forces the last few bitter enders to defect to tier 8 of the EoS. Probably the Armadale twitter guy rather than anybody at Whitburn.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Assuming Burnie will know as I don't.
If you get a license does it have an actual validity period ? Is it rubber stamped every year ?
If a club groundsharing got its license but then lost its ground share and went and attempted to play in the local park etc.
How long would their license stand for ?

I can confirm whitburnexile is a different guy.
Asim was referring to the fact that Whitburn may end up applying to the north juniors just so they can remain "junior",that's why he made the reference to Deveronside JFC.
Do you know Stewart McPherson Whitburn Vale?
Was relatively young secretary when I played up at Vale.

Everything has all quiet from Livingston side of things since their Statement, I think they are waiting to see what happens at the EoS agm with Boness  etc.

I think Whitburn will move eventually, from what i hear the committee were split on moving.

Armadale Twitter guy is their secretary, and he say's its only his own views and not the clubs, so who knows what they plan to do.

Bathgate Secretary has stepped down, and they seem to be signing anything that moves.

Fauldhouse no news since the new manager has came in other than players leaving latest i hear captain Sammy Watson has went to Armadale

23 minutes ago, superbigal said:

If you get a license does it have an actual validity period ? Is it rubber stamped every year ?
If a club groundsharing got its license but then lost its ground share and went and attempted to play in the local park etc.

Licence compliance gets reviewed every couple of years (?) and licensing is tied into the use of a specific home ground, so a club that lost its groundshare and wanted to play instead in the local park would have a major problem on its hands.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

38 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It basically gets reviewed annually at some point where you get audited again, but its technically on a continous basis.

image.png.552e4fe87b456cd78bd1278f6c4e097d.png

As for losing a ground. I don't think a local park would pass league standards, that's before you have to worry about the SFA. Now that Glasgow University are in the WoSFL, there are no longer any licensed clubs playing at amateur level where that might occur. The SPFL, HL, LL, EoSFL, WoSFL, SoSFL, NCL and North Region probably wouldn't allow a competitive fixture be played on a local park.

Overall though a loss of a ground would probably see the Licencing Committee do a review due to exceptional circumstances.

image.png.b5be2fba030db0606ced2293809cd5ce.png

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Everything has all quiet from Livingston side of things since their Statement, I think they are waiting to see what happens at the EoS agm with Boness  etc.

I think Whitburn will move eventually, from what i hear the committee were split on moving.

Armadale Twitter guy is their secretary, and he say's its only his own views and not the clubs, so who knows what they plan to do.

Bathgate Secretary has stepped down, and they seem to be signing anything that moves.

Fauldhouse no news since the new manager has came in other than players leaving latest i hear captain Sammy Watson has went to Armadale

I think all the West Lothian clubs will move eventually.  With Fife, it took four seasons for all clubs to move (Kelty in 2017, a few in 2018, Glenrothes in 2019 and the final group of clubs in 2020).  Livingston United applying signals the start of the West Lothian movement to EoS.  It all has a domino effect.  Once one or two clubs leave, others will start to consider and will gradually move and finally you'll have the teams most against moving accepting that they have to move to play against their local rivals.  

The East juniors have lost so many clubs and the junior cup has lost so many clubs (even some of the WoS clubs won't play in the next Junior Cup) and the position of remaining in the East juniors will continue to get harder to maintain each season.

Edited by stanley

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Do you know Stewart McPherson Whitburn Vale?
Was relatively young secretary when I played up at Vale.

Dont know him SB.

I know auld Dougie and his pal Reggie who was doing the PA at PRP.

Also know shirley who used to run the club shop.

Outside of the club I'm friendly with a few of the Valley lads.

Your licence is audited every year before renewal. So in that situation, you'd lose your licence.

When did Bathgate secretary step down? From what I gather, he done nearly everything there.
Was he not also the east Region secretary or president?

13 minutes ago, TheLad said:

When did Bathgate secretary step down? From what I gather, he done nearly everything there.
Was he not also the east Region secretary or president?

According to the 2019-20 handbook Robert Napier (Bathgate Thistle) was President of the Region.

EDIT: And as of basically a week ago he was still the person to contact. Although there are looking for new members to the committee.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

According to the 2019-20 handbook Robert Napier (Bathgate Thistle) was President of the Region.

EDIT: And as of basically a week ago he was still the person to contact. Although there are looking for new members to the committee.

Let's hope the new secretary can spell better than Mr Napier.  Or maybe they really do mean ham, cheese, egg and cress ...

6 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Any chance the East juniors could ever leave en masse one day, like their West counterparts ?

What's left of the East Region is considered to be split between the Highland and Lowland League.

The Lowland League AGM (whenever that will be) is meant to have a vote on whether or not to change the boundary between the Highland and Lowland League for the purposes of the SPFL playoff. If they vote to allow the change in favour of the change to benefit the likes of Brechin City, then you could well see the East Region apply en masse to the EoSFL.

If the Lowland League retain the existing boundary. It will likely see the trickle of Southern clubs from the East Region apply to the EoSFL, with those Northern left uncertain of what to do.