New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Yes, I think we're conflating issues - The discussion was around perimeter fence / pitch barrier and access via a public park, and meeting criteria to join the EoS League

I don't think grandfather rights apply anymore when it comes to club licensing, which is why there's been a bit of pressure this season on some licensed clubs to get floodlights in place.  

I think floodlights where forced upon some clubs.

Coldstream have qualified staff to meet criterias and various other things that the SFA have asked for over the years.

It does seem bizarre that spending 65k+ on floodlights and other licensing things to receive a maximum of 4.5k per season however? 

I love a club with a bit ambition.

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

You and a few others seem to be aggravating each other in this thread, and it’s went round too many bends to read back through it all, but from what I have read, I’m struggling to even work out what exactly it is you’re taking umbrage with here? 

Ground-shares should only be within a certain distance and only be in place for a certain length of time?

It was Jambo'ness that actually got the topic going by questioning what was happening next season with Edinburgh South playing out of town. My take on things was more moderate with the certain length of time bit being added into the mix. Not so bothered about distance if it is only for two or three seasons and there is a clear plan on how to get back to the home area, although clearly you would need to make allowances for something like the Falkirk and East Stirlingshire groundshare. No point pursuing this topic any further as it has degenerated into outright trolling.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

4 hours ago, junglehenry said:

Coldstream have qualified staff to meet criterias and various other things that the SFA have asked for over the years.

It does seem bizarre that spending 65k+ on floodlights and other licensing things to receive a maximum of 4.5k per season however? 

The purpose of installing floodlights is so that  you can play games of football at night time.

I think you've muddled your numbers up a bit - hope you have no ambitions to be an accountant or a business owner when you grow up! 

23 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Is planning permission needed for a one metre high fence? I don't think so.

It depends where it is. If it's in your back garden, probably not.

But if it is in an open park and cutting off public access and actually a 2m high fence, it is needed.

And when you get it, you must comply with any conditions attched or the consent will expire after 3 years. When that happens you need to reapply in order to renew it.

17 hours ago, Che Dail said:

I don't think grandfather rights apply anymore when it comes to club licensing, which is why there's been a bit of pressure this season on some licensed clubs to get floodlights in place.  

I know clubs that were SFA members were allowed to keep their license for a certain amount of time whilst they got the work in place to keep it. I can't recall how long this period of time was or if it has ended now.

24 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I know clubs that were SFA members were allowed to keep their license for a certain amount of time whilst they got the work in place to keep it. I can't recall how long this period of time was or if it has ended now.

I believe the big difference is when new regulations (not always something major like floodlights)  come in is that new applicants must meet them before acceptance,  however existing members have until their next review to comply.  

6 hours ago, Che Dail said:

But if it is in an open park and cutting off public access and actually a 2m high fence, it is needed.

And when you get it, you must comply with any conditions attched or the consent will expire after 3 years. When that happens you need to reapply in order to renew it.

The original post was about a perimeter fence (1 meter?) on private land.

12 hours ago, junglehenry said:

Not sure where you get that number from, as Scottish Cup prize money begins at £3k, and the annual SFA money has been up to £10k in recent seasons.

But if the work from the application has been started like say the containers have been delivered and on site the planning application can last 100 years and still be completed as long as you start the work.
Basically if you apply for planning for an extension to your house and only put the founds in the rest of the extension can wait for forever but the planning won’t lapse because the work has been started.

8 minutes ago, sniffer said:

But if the work from the application has been started like say the containers have been delivered and on site the planning application can last 100 years and still be completed as long as you start the work.
Basically if you apply for planning for an extension to your house and only put the founds in the rest of the extension can wait for forever but the planning won’t lapse because the work has been started.

Yes, but you need to follow the formal procedure to notify the LA you're doing that.

Otherwise, as far as they're concerned, in legal terms, it hasn't started. 

It's semantics, really. The club should get the (renewed) permission when the officers are back to work properly -  I'm sure it's just a formality, but the new consent does away with any ambiguity about what was properly started and what wasn't. 

If permission wasn't required, the council would have written back to confirm "permission not required". 

It's a hassle, but the club will just have to suck it up and wait for the new application to be approved. Because the old consent lapsed 😅

Yes, but you need to follow the formal procedure to notify the LA you're doing that.
Otherwise, as far as they're concerned, in legal terms, it hasn't started. 
It's semantics, really. The club should get the (renewed) permission when the officers are back to work properly -  I'm sure it's just a formality, but the new consent does away with any ambiguity about what was properly started and what wasn't. 
If permission wasn't required, the council would have written back to confirm "permission not required". 
It's a hassle, but the club will just have to suck it up and wait for the new application to be approved. Because the old consent lapsed [emoji28]

It’s good that the correct procedure to notify the council was done then, I’m sure it isn’t Thornton’s fault if it’s not on the system and why would the council write back permission not required when the new application is different to the first one that would be silly on the councils part. [emoji12]

On 27/05/2020 at 18:55, LongTimeLurker said:

If they didn't join this year when they were given one last chance at tier 7 entry, I doubt Armadale will be any more keen next year, but a couple more defections will no doubt lead to a stampede for the exit. Any pretence at having something that can sensibly be labelled a superleague is gone and they are close to the point of no return in numbers terms.

There is no longer a Super league in the east juniors it's just 1 North league with 17 teams and a West Lothian League consisting  of 13 teams playing for a title and no relegation.  And you wonder why Livingston want to move, they probably looked at it and thought they had to move to continue to progress.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

There is no longer a Super league in the east juniors it's just 1 North league with 17 teams and a West Lothian League consisting  of 13 teams playing for a title and no relegation.  And you wonder why Livingston want to move, they probably looked at it and thought they had to move to continue to progress.

Think the east region messed up by adding the three tribute acts and Syngenta to the so called south premier last season rather than having a single 16 club south division.

Having a 10-10 split provided a lower division that was so unattractive to be in that it was no huge shock that a Fife club that was otherwise going to be stuck in it for a second season, Kirkcaldy and Dysart, started the domino effect among the remaining clubs from their area. 

Maybe Pumpherston will be the next to go in West Lothian now that their two nearest neighbours are going to be in the EoS? After that...

23 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Not sure where you get that number from, as Scottish Cup prize money begins at £3k, and the annual SFA money has been up to £10k in recent seasons.

Has been is the operative word. It's now down to 2.5k I believe.

1 hour ago, junglehenry said:

Has been is the operative word. It's now down to 2.5k I believe.

The SFA annual payment last year was £12k at EoS level, or £8k for members that were admitted at AGM.

£4k was paid out in April in advance for this years payment, whether there will be further payments in December when it's normally paid who knows, I'd say unlikely in this environment.

£3k minimum payment last season for 1st Prelim round exit. If you won 1st and 2nd Prelim rounds, and lost in 1st round proper, you made £10k.

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe Pumpherston will be the next to go in West Lothian now that their two nearest neighbours are going to be in the EoS? After that...

By the sounds of it Whitburn will be applying for the  North Juniors before they accept any potential move to the EoS