New clubs in the East of Scotland

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A ludicrous and completely pointless tangent given how many times I have painstakingly made clear that I view temporary groundshares for a few seasons while a home ground gets sorted out as being OK. 

Where did the home ground struggles of Hamilton Academical, Clyde, and SFL era Clydebank fall within your views of acceptability?

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Coldstream have shown that you can even do entry level licensing with a public park

Thornton Hibs are entering at the same time as Edinburgh South facing similar issues

As I understand it, Coldstream have grandfather rights - the club is a founder member of the SFA and has retained full membership ever since.

Thornton have agreement from the landowner to erect a perimeter fence and are in the process of renewing a lapsed planning permission for this.

Both grounds already have a barrier round the pitch.

The examples you cite are not the same as the situation at Fernieside.

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

My point was that, if they can't find a Gartcairn style of solution for what is normally their amateur, womens and youth level home ground then they should be told to adjust their ambitions within the game accordingly, because a groundshare in perpetuity 40 miles away from their homebase is perfectly acceptable to the club, their fans, the other clubs in the league, the league itself, the SFA and the majority of fans of other clubs but because I find it unacceptable I will continually complain about it despite it doing no harm to anyone else.

FTFY

28 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

...The examples you cite are not the same as the situation at Fernieside.

Which is why I wrote similar rather than identical in the text you quoted and have repeatedly stated that I see no problem with them having a temporary groundshare in Dalkeith or even Blackburn and Denny until they can get this sorted out. The key point here is that coming up with a solution that satisfies the EoS requirements should be feasible without drastic levels of expenditure.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Which is why I wrote similar rather than identical in the text you quoted and have repeatedly stated that I see no problem with them having a temporary groundshare in Dalkeith or even Blackburn and Denny until they can get this sorted out. The key point here is that coming up with a solution that satisfies the EoS requirements should be feasible without drastic levels of expenditure.

Fernieside has no fence, no perimeter barrier, no landlord consent and no planning permission.  

It is not 'similar' to the examples you have given.

The constraints are not solely cost based. And the costs to install a fence and pitch barrier would be considerable.

Edited by Che Dail

Fernieside has as much of a perimeter barrier as Hillfield Swifts do and the pitch barrier at Inverkeithing doesn't look like something with considerable expense involved. What would be more difficult and expensive would be licensing, which I suspect is the reason they are in Dalkeith.

If you look at the non-league scene in England, there are plenty of clubs groundsharing.  It's not an uncommon issue or something specific to Scotland.  

The National League North (Level 6 overall, level 2 of non-league) has Gloucester City and Kettering Town groundsharing with other clubs.   I've followed Slough Town (my mum is originally from there) and they had to groundshare from 2003 until 2016.  Their old ground has been there unused by any senior team ever since they left in 1998 and they were finally able to build a new one close to the old one.  They're now in the National League South.  It's an issue affecting teams all over the world and it's just the way it is in non-league football.  It even happens with league teams too (in Scotland and England).

Any idea of demoting teams over groundshares or not letting them into leagues isn't likely to be practical.

Edited by stanley

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Fernieside has as much of a perimeter barrier as Hillfield Swifts do and the pitch barrier at Inverkeithing doesn't look like something with considerable expense involved. What would be more difficult and expensive would be licensing, which I suspect is the reason they are in Dalkeith.

Hillfield is not one of the examples you used, however their perimeter fence is quite similar to Fernieside.  

£10k min for a pitch perimeter barrier tho... and they would need permissions in place = cost and time.

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Hardly argumentative ICT played a season in Aberdeen yes/no. 

A lot further than your 40 miles radius you said. 

BSC situation far from ideal but i'm sure everyone at BSC would love to be in Glasgow as someone pointed out why dont you take yer grievance up wi them or least take it to the right thread. 

I think most folk are pissing themselves laughing and washing their hands wi some of your posts now anyway. 

Dont really understand why people get so hung up on this. Playing in Alloa only effects BSC and not in a good way. It prevents us from building a support, attracting sponsors and generally making the most of the ties we have within our local community. Why wouldn't we want to be in Glasgow? I think the conspiracy theorists out there are convinced we're pulling a fast one and gaining some sort of advantage that no one seems to be able to identify. We will be back in Glasgow. When that will be will largely be down to the continued efforts of our board in finding the right venue and the right financial conditions. We are still a new club and people should keep that in mind. We dont have the good fortune of a local authority or some rich benefactor willing to bequeath land (which in the west end of Glasgow is bloody expensive) to build a ground so we need to ensure any move we make doesn't extend the club beyond its means.

Volunteer Park looks superb at the moment.

Looking forward to the day when these real West Lothian football grounds are hosting derby matches in the EOSFL. Perhaps 2021/22 season?

Armadale Thistle are doing some admirable promotions for their sponsors at the moment on Twitter.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A ludicrous and completely pointless tangent given how many times I have painstakingly made clear that I view temporary groundshares for a few seasons while a home ground gets sorted out as being OK. 

You are like an old gramophone record which keeps on sticking at the same point repeating and repeating the same line of ludicrous and pointless! It’s getting so tiresome!  Are you some kind of an expert and know that teams such as Edinburgh South and BSC are never going to get a ground of their own!? Why does it matter if teams temporary groundshare with other clubs, if the clubs involved are content and EoS and Lowland League apparently do not see this as an issue. Is it not actually good for Dalkeith to be this helpful to Edinburgh South. 

I can almost envisaged the first few words of your ludicrous and completely pointless response.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Fernieside has as much of a perimeter barrier as Hillfield Swifts do

Wrong, Ballast Bank has a rail around the pitch and then some small fencing around the running track. Fernieside has nothing inside the park.

43 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

...I can almost envisaged the first few words of your ludicrous and completely pointless response.

Time to slow that keyboard down and lay off the cocaine because this is clearly nothing more than trolling at this point.

46 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Time to slow that keyboard down and lay off the cocaine because this is clearly nothing more than trolling at this point.

Today you made 18 comments on P&B and I replied to 1. That makes you think I am trolling you? Strange man. I asked a question about Edinburgh South which you didn’t answer. 

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

... Looking forward to the day when these real West Lothian football grounds are hosting derby matches in the EOSFL. Perhaps 2021/22 season? ...

If they didn't join this year when they were given one last chance at tier 7 entry, I doubt Armadale will be any more keen next year, but a couple more defections will no doubt lead to a stampede for the exit. Any pretence at having something that can sensibly be labelled a superleague is gone and they are close to the point of no return in numbers terms.

As I understand it, Coldstream have grandfather rights - the club is a founder member of the SFA and has retained full membership ever since.
Thornton have agreement from the landowner to erect a perimeter fence and are in the process of renewing a lapsed planning permission for this.
Both grounds already have a barrier round the pitch.
The examples you cite are not the same as the situation at Fernieside.

The planning permission hasn’t lapsed

18 minutes ago, sniffer said:

The planning permission hasn’t lapsed

Elaborate on what u mean in regards to grandfather rights? Coldstream have everything except floodlights and even that the foundations have been laid to get them in place.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You and a few others seem to be aggravating each other in this thread, and it’s went round too many bends to read back through it all, but from what I have read, I’m struggling to even work out what exactly it is you’re taking umbrage with here? 

Ground-shares should only be within a certain distance and only be in place for a certain length of time?

1 hour ago, junglehenry said:

Elaborate on what u mean in regards to grandfather rights? Coldstream have everything except floodlights and even that the foundations have been laid to get them in place.

Yes, I think we're conflating issues - The discussion was around perimeter fence / pitch barrier and access via a public park, and meeting criteria to join the EoS League

I don't think grandfather rights apply anymore when it comes to club licensing, which is why there's been a bit of pressure this season on some licensed clubs to get floodlights in place.