New clubs in the East of Scotland

The eventual aim should be to copy the ERJFA structure and regionalise at tier 8, however that requires more clubs to join as 34 isn't enough to support three divisions below the Premier.

Why
theres some right good leagues and teams that play regionalised go amateur if this is what you want

13 hours ago, Anychance said:

Why
theres some right good leagues and teams that play regionalised go amateur if this is what you want

What does that even mean...? The EOS is already a regional league, but surely better to have another step between the Stirling, Fife, Lothians, and Borders amateurs than having them go straight into a region-wide tier 8 if they made the step up?

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, junglehenry said:

As long as the SFA keep getting their membership fees and cutting what they have to give out every season they'll be happy at any influx of clubs.

New members of the EoS don't pay fees to the SFA. Only licensed clubs do that, and you only get a licence if you're looking for promotion to the LL or for entry to the Scottish Cup. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

New members of the EoS don't pay fees to the SFA. Only licensed clubs do that, and you only get a licence if you're looking for promotion to the LL or for entry to the Scottish Cup. 

There would be no purpose for junior clubs to come into the EOS setup if they had no aspirations of making it in to LL or to play in the Scottish Cup proper.

30 minutes ago, junglehenry said:

There would be no purpose for junior clubs to come into the EOS setup if they had no aspirations of making it in to LL or to play in the Scottish Cup proper.

Really? Maybe they just want to play in a better-managed league, with a fixture list, no fines, nor reinstatement fees ....

4 hours ago, junglehenry said:

Clearly many clubs don't share your opinion. Plenty have come over that aren't doing any work towards a licence. They came over because the EoS is a much better set-up than the East Juniors which had dissolved into a shambles, and most of their peers have moved over too.

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Clearly many clubs don't share your opinion. Plenty have come over that aren't doing any work towards a licence. They came over because the EoS is a much better set-up than the East Juniors which had dissolved into a shambles, and most of their peers have moved over too.

I feel alot where 'forced' to move to EOS league due to others moving over. Maybe the juniors haven't done enough to keep their clubs.

2 minutes ago, junglehenry said:

I feel alot where 'forced' to move to EOS league due to others moving over. Maybe the juniors haven't done enough to keep their clubs.

Maybe a few went only because their neighbours did, but I certainly haven't seen any regrets. 

10 minutes ago, junglehenry said:

Some probably were, but that's what happens when you have two competing leagues in the same area. What about Easthouses and Craigroyston, they probably felt forced to move to the Juniors 5 years ago because the EOS was dwindling in numbers.

But what was the alternative - if the clubs that moved over initially stayed Junior instead, they'd be feeling stifled and forced to remain in a league they didn't want to be in.

On 30/04/2020 at 23:32, junglehenry said:

Can confirm Edinburgh South are in, ground-sharing with Dalkeith Thistle.

I grew up close to their base at the Inch. Edinburgh South has a big population but had no continuing senior / junior side for years, with the existing clubs in other parts of the city or just outside in Mid Lothian (although a few teams used Fernieside on and off). I always thought there might be some kind of potential for a side to properly establish itself in the area and try to get some support. However, I'd question why they are making this step if they have to play in Dalkeith. Surely makes more sense to get a park in their home area and develop it then have a crack at EoS. 

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

I grew up close to their base at the Inch. Edinburgh South has a big population but had no continuing senior / junior side for years, with the existing clubs in other parts of the city or just outside in Mid Lothian (although a few teams used Fernieside on and off). I always thought there might be some kind of potential for a side to properly establish itself in the area and try to get some support. However, I'd question why they are making this step if they have to play in Dalkeith. Surely makes more sense to get a park in their home area and develop it then have a crack at EoS. 

Inch park, has planning permission to build new homes. I believe this was submitted recently, now should or could they make changes to the facility at the top of Moredun maybe. But they are currently a million miles away from doing that.

8 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Dalkeith's ground is being worked on to meet the licencing requirements. Maybe this was the best ground they could get that will give them the best chance of being licenced in 2021. With SFA membership / Scottish Cup entry opening up additional avenues for a ground more local to them.

Dalkeith's ground is being worked on to meet the licencing requirements. Maybe this was the best ground they could get that will give them the best chance of being licenced in 2021. With SFA membership / Scottish Cup entry opening up additional avenues for a ground more local to them.

Edinburgh south will not be licenced surely if Dalkeith get there’s.

Would be more sensible to develop a ground and build an identity and support in their own area first. Bit like BSC playing out of Alloa. Football clubs should be rooted in their communities. 

I’d rather them at Dalkeith than Peffermill but they definitely need a local base.

With South Inch out the question and Moredun/Fernieside seemingly being a brick wall, there’s not many options. Possibly a partnership with Liberton High or doing up Danderhall’s ground???

Edited by Spyro

2 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Edinburgh south will not be licenced surely if Dalkeith get there’s.

Edinburgh South can apply for their own licence. If the ground and their access to it meets licencing, then its just a case of meeting all the other requirements.

Its no different than all the other clubs that groundshare.

It's a three year agreement with Dalkeith. I suspect Edinburgh South will use that time to find a ground in the city and build a base. 

I fully agree that they need their own ground. If they have a three year plan then Dalkeith isn't an issue. 

16 hours ago, Waspie said:

Would be more sensible to develop a ground and build an identity and support in their own area first. Bit like BSC playing out of Alloa. Football clubs should be rooted in their communities. 

Steady. Inch Park is half an hour away from Dalkeith on a direct bus or half that by car, hardly west Glasgow to Alloa.