New clubs in the East of Scotland

8 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

A more pressing matter is getting clubs the size of Whitburn Armadale Bathgate and Fauldhouse into the EoS,who are 100% in EoS territory...

Having the posture that any east region club can apply to join the EoS and any west region club (if the alleged would be returnees go through with it) can apply to join the WoS kills stone cold dead any need for future PWG meetings where tier six feeders are concerned.

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

It was a hypothetical post marten,this is an East of Scotland thread and as I said far more pressing is having the likes of the 4 big WL clubs that are left in the juniors going on to play EoS football in the near future.

But yeah I get your post about your team,a bit of a player drain around you to hope for any advancement up the pyramid.

I do feel for the Tayside juniors as they seem to have been exiled a bit,but more pressing is getting the West Lothian junior teams into the EoS.

I know, I just wanted to say that it's quite an unlikely scenario. I understand your view about WL, but you'll understand that from my point of view the future of Tayside is quite important.

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

I know, I just wanted to say that it's quite an unlikely scenario. I understand your view about WL, but you'll understand that from my point of view the future of Tayside is quite important.

Totally understand marten and I know that for the Tayside clubs all that is happening around them must be bewildering.

I will say I dont think the HL have been proactive enough in talking to the Tayside sides(as far as I know),yeah they've spoke to the NCL and the NRJFA ,with encouraging feedback from the NCL. But not enough has been done to encourage the Tayside juniors into what the HL has to offer.

I was at the Banffshire derby in January,Buckie v Deveronvale,great atmosphere and an all round great day out(apart from the result,lol )

I have been to all the HL grounds and they are good grounds with good facilities and a great day out.

Back down here,the facilities at Creamery park,Central park,Park view and the Volly have all been upgraded too in the last few years and are deserving of a higher level but if only the minds of their committees could be swayed!!

Edited by Whitburn Vale

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Totally understand marten and I know that for the Tayside clubs all that is happening around them must be bewildering.

I will say I dont think the HL have been proactive enough in talking to the Tayside sides(as far as I know),yeah they've spoke to the NCL and the NRJFA ,with encouraging feedback from the NCL. But not enough has been done to encourage the Tayside juniors into what the HL has to offer.

I was at the Banffshire derby in January,Buckie v Deveronvale,great atmosphere and an all round great day out(apart from the result,lol )

I have been to all the HL grounds and they are good grounds with good facilities and a great day out.

Back down here,the facilities at Creamery park,Central park,Park view and the Volly have all been upgraded too in the last few years and are deserving of a higher level but if only the minds of their committees could be swayed!!

From what I know, Tayside clubs and HL clubs are talking to each other, but in an informal matter. There are also the attempts to change the boundary which Brechin initiated. As far as I know, these are still going on. That will change the situation for Tayside as well.

I have only been to Brora Rangers and Fort William in the HL (and Cove when they still were HL), I was planning on going to plenty more of them the 2nd half of this season but that plan has been scuppered! I'll definitely go to more HL games when football restarts.

"Good Evening, Livingston Utd would like to announce that we applied with an application for season 2020-2021 in the East of Scotland Football League. Unfortunately applications were due to be submitted by 31 March 2020 & due to our extraordinary meeting being cancelled, our application was submitted after this deadline. Following our late application & appeal letter it has been confirmed that we have been declined entry for season 2020-2021, however, should a place become available then we shall consider entry. We would like to thank the East of Scotland Football League for considering of our late application & look forward to further involvement in the Scottish Pyramid Football League.

Livingston Utd FC"

Given the EoS are going to be left at 49 clubs next season IF Bo'ness go upto the LL (likely), then we'll be left with an imbalance in the Conferences.  Opportunity to admit Livingston at AGM if that happens? They're keen.

21 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

"Good Evening, Livingston Utd would like to announce that we applied with an application for season 2020-2021 in the East of Scotland Football League. Unfortunately applications were due to be submitted by 31 March 2020 & due to our extraordinary meeting being cancelled, our application was submitted after this deadline. Following our late application & appeal letter it has been confirmed that we have been declined entry for season 2020-2021, however, should a place become available then we shall consider entry. We would like to thank the East of Scotland Football League for considering of our late application & look forward to further involvement in the Scottish Pyramid Football League.

Livingston Utd FC"

Given the EoS are going to be left at 49 clubs next season IF Bo'ness go upto the LL (likely), then we'll be left with an imbalance in the Conferences.  Opportunity to admit Livingston at AGM if that happens? They're keen.

Hope so, but the EoS have been uncharacteristically inflexible on the matter and this would be a repeat of the situation with Kinnoull last season that seems to have upset the SFA.  

With the apparent shift in policy for Tayside clubs, they may not be the only applicants.

If Bo’ness United are indeed promoted to the Lowland League, and if I understand correctly then it is the Lowland League’s intention to do just that if and when the SFA award them their license, then the precedent set when admitting Kinnoull at last years AGM really should be followed and Livingston United admitted to balance the conferences. No amount of gnashing of teeth from Rod Petrie and Ian Maxwell should prevent this, these are men who have shown a complete disregard to, and no understanding of, the non-league game across the country.

the precedent set when admitting Kinnoull at last years AGM really should be followed and Livingston United admitted to balance the conferences. No amount of gnashing of teeth from Rod Petrie and Ian Maxwell should prevent this, these are men who have shown a complete disregard to, and no understanding of, the non-league game across the country.

This. 100% this.

If Bo’ness United are indeed promoted to the Lowland League, and if I understand correctly then it is the Lowland League’s intention to do just that if and when the SFA award them their license, then the precedent set when admitting Kinnoull at last years AGM really should be followed and Livingston United admitted to balance the conferences. No amount of gnashing of teeth from Rod Petrie and Ian Maxwell should prevent this, these are men who have shown a complete disregard to, and no understanding of, the non-league game across the country.
Well if the EoS have to wait until the SFA AGM to find out if they will lose Bo'ness or not (ie licence decision), then they are quite within their rights to admit a club to replace them once that decision is taken.

What's good for the goose and all that.

A more pressing matter is getting clubs the size of Whitburn Armadale Bathgate and Fauldhouse into the EoS,who are 100% in EoS territory.
If Whitburn were to join,get promoted to the LL,say gain promotion to League 2,if relegated they would be back in the LL.
If Lochee United joined the EOS,got promoted to the LL,say gained promotion to League 2 then got relegated to......the HL !!
Mental stuff !!!
I know you said it was hypothetical but using Whitburn as an example of getting into Lowland League etc is has really knocked me off my stride over what your point is.
Watched them earlier this year and they were absolute drivel. Worst I have seen since I started watching them in the 80s. If they moved over next season it would take them a hell of a long time to get to tier 6.

Also, these teams do not want to come over. It shouldn't be anyones priority to make it happen.

Medical experts I hear at work are saying that we might not be back to normal until 24 months from now.
Some expert was on Sky Sports yesterday saying the same thing. Clearly not want the presenter of the main sponsor of the league wanted to hear so he just ignored it.

If there is no non league football at all next season, inwould predict at least 50 clubs in Scotland going bust.

Some expert was on Sky Sports yesterday saying the same thing. Clearly not want the presenter of the main sponsor of the league wanted to hear so he just ignored it.

If there is no non league football at all next season, inwould predict at least 50 clubs in Scotland going bust.
I think non-league is better placed to ride this out as opposed to full time clubs, or clubs paying decent wages.

A lot of clubs can effectively be mothballed, I suppose it depends how financially secure they were pre shutdown to cover basic expenses meantime, and how supportive fans are.

None the less, grim times ahead.

14 minutes ago, TheLad said:

I know you said it was hypothetical but using Whitburn as an example of getting into Lowland League etc is has really knocked me off my stride over what your point is.
Watched them earlier this year and they were absolute drivel. Worst I have seen since I started watching them in the 80s. If they moved over next season it would take them a hell of a long time to get to tier 6.

Also, these teams do not want to come over. It shouldn't be anyones priority to make it happen.

That is exactly it Lad,it was hypothetical.

I am from Whitburn that's why they were used as an "example".

But as far as how far the ground improvement works have came on at Central park  and the potential of the club then that isn't up for dispute.

No they dont want to participate yet....,but they are a bigger draw for the EoS than anyone on Tayside is.

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Medical experts I hear at work are saying that we might not be back to normal until 24 months from now.

The talk seems to be that getting a viable vaccine is the key to controlling this disease. Although great efforts are being put in globally, including the UK, it cannot come soon enough.

If the disease can be constrained as is being said via social distancing, testing and this new App then maybe it can be reduced as a threat much sooner than is feared? I don't know.

Others say that the virus doesn't do so well in the open air and that younger folk seem to be less affected by the disease, as their immune systems are that much stronger than their elders, so maybe games could be played. Maybe without spectators.

Perhaps clubs could video their home games live onto YouTube etc and charge supporters for access via season tickets? They'd possibly find many other spectators logging in from round the world - who knows as people are often keen to get their weekly football fix. Many clubs video their highlights already.

This might allow clubs to say to advertisers, shirt sponsors, sponsors, etc that they are getting even wider coverage than before!

41 minutes ago, Dev said:

The talk seems to be that getting a viable vaccine is the key to controlling this disease....

Herd immunity could happen well before that. Pandemics usually work their way through a majority of the population then fizzle out. Typically that has happened on a timeline of two to three months in most countries when a Swedish sort of approach to the issue is followed.

Stringent lockdowns slow that process down, but can't be sustained indefinitely for economic reasons so will be gradually eased as is already happening in most EU countries. Experts don't like to admit there is no magic bullet easy answer, so they'll talk up a vaccine that may wind up being as useful as the Dyson ventilators will be by the time they arrive.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Livingston United leaving the ERJFA would reduce them to a nice round number of 12 clubs in their "Super" League South :)

I know it is just a name, but ‘Super’ is stretching the imagination somewhat.

The talk seems to be that getting a viable vaccine is the key to controlling this disease. Although great efforts are being put in globally, including the UK, it cannot come soon enough.
If the disease can be constrained as is being said via social distancing, testing and this new App then maybe it can be reduced as a threat much sooner than is feared? I don't know.
Others say that the virus doesn't do so well in the open air and that younger folk seem to be less affected by the disease, as their immune systems are that much stronger than their elders, so maybe games could be played. Maybe without spectators.
Perhaps clubs could video their home games live onto YouTube etc and charge supporters for access via season tickets? They'd possibly find many other spectators logging in from round the world - who knows as people are often keen to get their weekly football fix. Many clubs video their highlights already.
This might allow clubs to say to advertisers, shirt sponsors, sponsors, etc that they are getting even wider coverage than before!

This was a professor of medicine, and assumed a vaccine was developed as quickly as possible. 12-18 months to ramp up production and disseminate a vaccine, if the safety and efficacy trials are successful. Of course bear in mind that ~50% of colds are caused by a different type of coronavirus and after 60+ years of trying to produce a vaccine we still don’t have one.

Assuming Livingston United get shoehorned in at the AGM Kinnoull style and I doubt they would be going public if that wasn't a strong possibility, for the big four in the south "super" there are the three tribute acts, Syngenta, Harthill, Stoneyburn, West Calder and Pumpherston as the supporting cast. Hard to believe that can stagger on for more than another season now once the reality of what that looks like hits home. They needed Thornton and Kennoway to still have something reasonably credible.