New clubs in the East of Scotland

I  honestly think all junior football will ceased to exist in the next few years, and having all these sides in our association can only enhance the standard. Imo below the lowland league, a good league setup could be:

Prem 18 teams

First 18 teams 

Regional 1st north of forth

Regional 2nd north of forth

Regional 1st south of forth

Regional 2nd south of forth

Regional 2up 2 down

3 down from prem, top 2 in first auto, 3-6 playoffs (like EFL). 4 down from 1st.

G4Mac, So does that mean Luncarty should or shouldn’t be allowed in?

Depending on where they are situated in relation to the boundary line they go north or south.

If they split the line then that is an exceptional set of circumstances and would be officially reviewed. ( sorry I haven't looked where they actually physically sit)

Stoosh i believe the eos should only include those clubs South if the LL boundary and should only be regionalism at its lowest tier.

LL
EOS prem
EOS 1st
EOS 2nd
Regional (if enough teams)

2 hours ago, themillerman1979 said:

I get I completely.

The HL/LL rule that someone pointed out says location of the Ground, or word to that effect.

If you’re telling me that if the village in which the ground is situated is divided by the line and, in that case it’s acceptable to be flexible then agreed it’s a non-starter.

as for other points, I would absolutely like to see Tayside teams find a home in the Pyramid. 
And, basing it purely on travel distance I see the point in them wanting to play the teams in the Lowland League set up.

But equally, I see the obvious issue with the amount of teams already in this set up, so understand why getting a more balanced set up North is the preference of others.

You are basing north travel on what's their it could easily be half the teams replaced by dundee or aberdeen teams 

19 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Depending on where they are situated in relation to the boundary line they go north or south.

If they split the line then that is an exceptional set of circumstances and would be officially reviewed. ( sorry I haven't looked where they actually physically sit)

image.png.df577546a23abb08586afd1a100ddd6e.png

That's about right.

2 hours ago, themillerman1979 said:

Agreed, I’m sure any line move will be subject of an SPFL challenge as opposed to a lower leagues challenge.

thats where I am. By the time you reach Luncarty, if travelling from Edinburgh. A car leaving at the same time heading to Dundee would only be 10 miles or so away from Lochee Utd or Lochee Harps ground.

Have a look at the English pyramid system over the years ?

There are clubs a lot further South playing North fitba than where they should be and vice versa. 

There are far too many teams South of the line as it is for what you're looking at wi Dundee and district clubs but it's not to say they can't for geographical reasons move into either boundary within the pyramid  in future years. 

It's all about getting the right balance but having a line even further North than it is at present should definately be declined. 

Not sure anyone has much of a problem if the ERJFA North clubs came into the EoS. I've posted in the past of plans of how it could work ie

Premier
First North-Second North
First South-Second South

This accounts for WL clubs coming in and a "dividing line" somewhere around the Forth to decide roughly who is North and who is South.

However, you then look at the complete imbalance it would bring to the Pyramid and you think that bringing even more clubs into the LL area to fight over 1 play-off spot isn't really a clever thing to do.

I think this might be the next "challenge" the LL will look at once WoS is settled, in conjunction with the HL.

image.png.df577546a23abb08586afd1a100ddd6e.png
That's about right.
So they are north of the line then? If so I would say that without the line moving they go north, as harsh as that may seem.

Same for a club who are marginally south of the line and playing in the LL area who would maybe be quicker playing North.

Thats why there is a line. If the line moves, how far does it move, where do we stop with the marginal differences?

There is no point in Tayside teams increasing the number of clubs in the LL area roght now and at this point they are unable to be promoted to the LL under the current setup, so it would be pointless.

51 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Can someone show me where it says there is a boundary line in the rule book please.

"In the event of Club 42 losing the Pyramid Play-Off Match, it will be relegated to the SHFL League if its Registered Ground is located North of Degree of Latitude 56,4513N or to the SLFL if its Registered Ground is located South of Degree of Latitude 56,4513N and it shall thereafter comply with the rules and regulations of the relevant league."

Easily found on Lowland League website: http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Rules-Version-10.pdf

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure anyone has much of a problem if the ERJFA North clubs came into the EoS. I've posted in the past of plans of how it could work ie

Premier
First North-Second North
First South-Second South

This accounts for WL clubs coming in and a "dividing line" somewhere around the Forth to decide roughly who is North and who is South.

However, you then look at the complete imbalance it would bring to the Pyramid and you think that bringing even more clubs into the LL area to fight over 1 play-off spot isn't really a clever thing to do.

I think this might be the next "challenge" the LL will look at once WoS is settled, in conjunction with the HL.

If lower league pyramid is going to be so lop sided then automatic promotion for lowland league winners. Plus lowland runners up playoff against Highland league winners with winner playoff again 2nd bottom league 2. 

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

Anything on clubs being promoted to the Lowland League? 

Might need to await the SPFL re-structuring.  LL and HL have been included with the prospect of the two champs being promoted which leave space for an automatic promotion place for Tier 6.  It will then depend on how the EOS and SOS plan filling the promoted spots.

3 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Might need to await the SPFL re-structuring.  LL and HL have been included with the prospect of the two champs being promoted which leave space for an automatic promotion place for Tier 6.  It will then depend on how the EOS and SOS plan filling the promoted spots.

I actually meant anything in the rules about teams North of the divide being promoted to the LL. As far as I'm aware the dividing line only applies to teams being relegated to the HL or LL rather than teams being promoted to them. 

Just now, patriot1 said:

I actually meant anything in the rules about teams North of the divide being promoted to the LL. As far as I'm aware the dividing line only applies to teams being relegated to the HL or LL rather than teams being promoted to them. 

The Lowland League is now closed off except through promotion and relegation agreements between different pyramid leagues. It never really needed to consider its boundaries as it was the direct counterpart to the Highland League and the SPFL playoff sets what that boundary was going to be.

So it cannot get any club from the North from above. At the time the SoSFL and EoSFL had no North of the boundary clubs from below so did not have to set a boundary there either.

The only suggestion to what the Lowland League considers to be its boundaries is the application advert in 2018-19 where they ruled out applicants from North of the Tay. Even though the only candidates due to licencing would have been Banks O'Dee and Golspie Sutherland.

A club like Luncarty, that never rose above the 3rd Tier of the East Region between 2002-2018, probably wouldn't trouble the Lowland League. A bit like no one caring about Tweedmouth.

If it led to mass applications the Lowland League may well set a boundary in their constitution. Keep in mind there are a few Lowland League sides that are likely to pass into the EoS in the coming years and they might not fancy the trips to Dundee and Angus.