New clubs in the East of Scotland

Cupar Hearts would be a welcome addition to the EOS. A well run club who would fill a gap in that part of Fife and finally give Saints a proper Derby. 
Always wondered why Cupar didnt at least have a Junior side, seems a big enough place to support one. Would be a good addition to the EoS.

Doesn't matter what the set up is the WL juniors are being held back by their hatred of the "traitors" who left two years ago. 
They won't move until they have no option. 
I heard many of them had a "pact" to remain Junior. They also feel they have been shafted by the WRJFA.

1 hour ago, BMan said:
2 hours ago, patriot1 said:
Cupar Hearts would be a welcome addition to the EOS. A well run club who would fill a gap in that part of Fife and finally give Saints a proper Derby. 

Always wondered why Cupar didnt at least have a Junior side, seems a big enough place to support one. Would be a good addition to the EoS.

Agreed, it's a decently sized place with not many clubs nearby, I found it odd myself as well that they didn't have a junior or senior side.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

I can never get over the fact that three years ago the East of Scotland League finished with 11 members and a champion ineligible for promotion.

Three years later and they'll shortly have 50 members - more than the SPFL - having consumed the Juniors on their patch apart from a few hold-outs in West Lothian, their last two champions are banging on the door of the SPFL and they've just precipitated the movement of every West Region Junior club into the seniors. Junior football as a separate grade is all-but over south of the Tay, and likely soon north of it too. They've also caused swathes of clubs to work towards SFA licences, boosting the numbers competing in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup to levels not seen in many decades and likely requiring reconfiguration of the competition.

The scale and speed of what's happen in Scottish non-league football is ridiculous, especially as nobody could have predicted it.

I really hope the fans, and especially the committee people, of those 11 clubs are enjoying all this.

The EoS has its centenary three years from now - I'd have said I'm sure there will be a big celebration, but these days, who the f**k knows what the next three years will bring.

That is some statement and I agree with every word. The whole process of change needed a risk taker and pioneer - Kelty Hearts - a club prepared to put their head above the parapet and view a land of increasing opportunity. Without such a gamble I think we might have still been stuck in the “dark ages”.

On 09/04/2020 at 01:11, Ginaro said:

And to get back on topic - one name that came up previously was AM Soccer. It seems that they've now disbanded their adult amateur team and Cupar Hearts will take over that role at the top of their pathway. They play at Duffus Park, an open ground like Thornton but it does seem to have floodlights. Maybe one for the future especially if there's regional divisions.

Cupar Hearts /  AM Soccer Club is certainly one to look out for in the future:

Club Statement

1 WEEK AGO

During this current period of uncertainty on when our current season will be completed or how final league positions will be decided, we at Cupar Hearts AFC have been taking some proactive steps in preparation for the coming season 2020 / 2021.

Despite the lack of football we are still working behind the scenes and continuing to maintain the pitch when possible.

The committee had already approached Lee Sibanda regarding his views for the coming season and he informed us that he wanted to focus on the playing side of his career and had therefore made the decision to stand down as Manager. But he would continue to organise team training sessions, preparing team for match day and continue with team selections with support from his current assistant coaching team. We also learned at this time that one of his team, Kenny Baxter, was leaving to take up a new career opportunity in the USA so we would like to take the opportunity to thank Kenny for his services as both player and assistant coach and wish him and his family all the best as they begin a new chapter in their life.

With the announcement that Lee was intending to step down we decided quickly to advertise the post so that we could get a new manager in place for the start of the season. We held interviews and we are pleased to announce that we have appointed Sean Simpson, who is currently with the AM Soccer amateur team. Sean has vast experience playing at a top level in Fife and is well respected. Sean will be free to build his own squad and his own management team. We are delighted that Scott McInroy will continue in his current assistant coaching position to bring some continuity going forward.

We also met recently with representatives from the AM Soccer amateur team who approached us with a partnership proposal. They will disband the current AM Soccer amateur team with Cupar Hearts completing their player pathway. This allows them to focus their attention on their award winning programme for youth players whilst providing Cupar Hearts with players as they advance through the ranks. Following discussions we would like to announce that we are now in a partnership with AM Soccer and it is hoped that this will strengthen both their football pathway, our continuing partnership with Cupar Soccer 7’s and our own current status within amateur football with hopefully, some or all of their current amateur squad coming over to join up with our own current squad. All of the players of both teams have been advised of the situation.

Other than these steps, there will be no change to the way Cupar Hearts AFC currently operate within our amateur status and with our continuing partnership with Cupar Soccer 7’s. While Cupar Hearts AFC remains an independent Club this partnership will allow both clubs to thrive, strengthen football in Cupar on a whole and hopefully bring success to the town. 

We would like to thank all of our sponsors and supporters and hope for your continued support when we get back to playing football either to complete this season, or in moving ahead to the new season and beyond.

https://cupar-hearts.co.uk/

56 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

That is some statement and I agree with every word. The whole process of change needed a risk taker and pioneer - Kelty Hearts - a club prepared to put their head above the parapet and view a land of increasing opportunity. Without such a gamble I think we might have still been stuck in the “dark ages”.

Totally agree. Between them and Dalkeith who initiated the later avalanche, they were the clubs with the vision and the courage to take the opportunity. We have a lot to thanks them for

8 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Kelty Hearts took a huge risk. They gambled on others following, and their shout of "who's with us!" could easily have been met by silence. And total respect to Bonnyrigg and Dalkeith for going next. No coincidence that Kelty and Bonnyrigg are where they are now.

Wasn't there an original 9 clubs at the same time as Dalkeith and Bonnyrigg?

Totally agree. Between them and Dalkeith who initiated the later avalanche, they were the clubs with the vision and the courage to take the opportunity. We have a lot to thanks them for

6 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

From memory, for a few weeks there was some conjecture as to who had or hadn’t applied to join the EoSFL with only two clubs declaring their intent pretty early - Dalkeith Thistle and Blackburn United.

Dalkeith declared back in January. Pretty much the turn of the year. Blackburn never publicly declared until quite a bit later, they were just guessed at. For a long while it was Dalkeith and Clydebank. Snippets from kefc came about a handful of unnamed applicants that gradually increased nearer the March 31st deadline. The only hints typically around what division they were in.

On 10/01/2018 at 09:17, kefc said:

Hearing from a couple of people that the EOS League might be open to an 18 Team League from next season depending on applicants.

There could also be a possibility of 2 divisions being made up if applications exceed 18 teams with the possibility of the teams at the lower end of the current EOS League choosing to go drop out to the newly formed 2nd division so they can be at a more competitive level.

With more promotion and relegation spots being discussed with the LL it’s fairly forward thinking by the people in charge.

Dalkeith, Clydebank and a possible 3rd Club in East Lothian all applied or looking to apply for next season.

11th January: Dalkeith make a statement about applying
28th February: Clydebank announce going senior
14th March: kefc post 3 Clubs officially applied 1 Super, 1 Premier (would of been Dalkeith presumably), 1 South Division with another 4 apparently voting in favour of joining the EoS but not formally applied.

11th January: Dalkeith make a statement about applying
28th February: Clydebank announce going senior
14th March: kefc post 3 Clubs officially applied 1 Super, 1 Premier (would of been Dalkeith presumably), 1 South Division with another 4 apparently voting in favour of joining the EoS but not formally applied.

Good timeline - your memory is better than mine!! I recalled seeing the attached at the time (had to dredge through Twitter to find it again) and it was the mid March date that stuck in my mind.IMG_7061.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry for my ignorance and a bit late to the party but looking through all the posts I don't know whose officially joining the EOS for next season.
Anyone have a list of the junior teams or any other teams for that matter who are joining the EOS League

EYEMOUTH UNITED
KIRCALDY AND DYSART
THORNTON HIBS
KENNOWAY STAR HEARTS
LOCHGELLY ALBERT
NEWBURGH
LOCHORE WELFARE
LUNCARTY

ROSYTH

Plus one other

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Luncarty, Newburgh, Lochgelly Albert, Lochore Welfare, Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Thornton Hibs, Kennoway Star, Rosyth and a youth club called Edinburgh South have applied. Eyemouth are returning after a year out.

Have Edinburgh South defo applied?