New clubs in the East of Scotland

8 hours ago, PastyMan said:

Casey, the obvious comparison (for me) is Fauldhouse 4.7k v Blackburn 4.7k

Apologies for repeating a post I made in the Fauldhouse thread just a couple of months back but it feels a hell of a lot longer!

I was purely doing an East v West Lothian comparison, but you are so right with the your analogy. I don’t know the Blackburn area too well, but with Park View right beside a housing scheme, if they were doing well, in the EoS set up, surely an increase in fan base would be inevitable.

On 04/04/2020 at 16:59, BMan said:

There are 9 applicants;

Kennoway Star Hearts
Thornton Hibs
Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Lochore Welfare
Lochgelly Albert
Rosyth
Newburgh
Luncarty
Edinburgh South

Eyemouth United have also indicated they will be rejoining

The stories behind both Edinburgh South and Eyemouth joining if true, for me really starts to show why the  pyramid is starting to transform Scottish Football for the good in my opinion, by removing the protectionist, and artificial boundaries once there which stopped those who dared to dream. Ambitious amateur and community clubs can now map out while hard, obtainable aims to one day become a senior club and who knows how far they could go, and creates a link and safety net into the amateur game allowing club names and legacies to survive in some form and maybe one day regroup and come back into the senior game. 

35 minutes ago, morley said:

The stories behind both Edinburgh South and Eyemouth joining if true, for me really starts to show why the  pyramid is starting to transform Scottish Football for the good in my opinion, by removing the protectionist, and artificial boundaries once there which stopped those who dared to dream. Ambitious amateur and community clubs can now map out while hard, obtainable aims to one day become a senior club and who knows how far they could go, and creates a link and safety net into the amateur game allowing club names and legacies to survive in some form and maybe one day regroup and come back into the senior game. 

Eyemouth is 100% true. Don't know about Edinburgh. 

13 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Eyemouth is 100% true. Don't know about Edinburgh. 

I can confirm that there are nine new applications to join the EoSL.

As stated above by patriot1,  Eyemouth (who retained their EoSL membership, whilst not playing in 2019/20), also intend to return in 2020/21, which technically makes ten extra clubs for 2020/21.  

But do we know if Craigroyston are folding...... or not ?

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

As stated above by patriot1,  Eyemouth (who retained their EoSL membership, whilst not playing in 2019/20), also intend to return in 2020/21, which technically makes ten extra clubs for 2020/21.  

Hopefully not but current situation may change things

38 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

What’s been said on Eyemouth? Any official word? Also great news on Edinburgh south they’ve a nice wee pitch and pavilion area with snacks for their youth teams, not quite EOs standard yet but only bits an pieces I’d assume. Good luck to them both.

Yes, there has been official word on Eyemouth but not Edinburgh. 

On 04/04/2020 at 22:15, Casey Jones said:

I was purely doing an East v West Lothian comparison, but you are so right with the your analogy. I don’t know the Blackburn area too well, but with Park View right beside a housing scheme, if they were doing well, in the EoS set up, surely an increase in fan base would be inevitable.

Same opportunity for all the West Lothian clubs in that respect. Villages are all a similar-ish size and the football ground is pretty much a 5 minute walk for anyone. 

On 06/04/2020 at 12:48, Robert James said:

Craigroyston will be good to go next season 👍🏻

23 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Craigroyston will be good to go next season 👍🏻

It's (nearly) all good news at the moment :

Craigroyston staying,  Eyemouth rejoining the EoSL (+ 1 extra applicant),  68 applicants for the new WoSL,  support for the NCL from the HFL & the SFA for them to join the pyramid (+ 4 new NCL applicants,), North Juniors  also holding discussions about a possible pyramid entry (alongside the NCL).

However, the West Lothian juniors , and Dundee & Angus juniors, situation not yet confirmed by the SJFA, and are presumably still in limbo ?

23 minutes ago, BMan said:

The WL clubs aren't in limbo, they have chosen not to join the EoS.

Nothing wrong with that. Each club has the right to choose what it considers to be the best for its future.

The WL clubs have received a lot of grief from posters on here.........which for my view (above), was unnecessary, and at times hostile.

What will be interesting now, is what will be the format of the ERJFA league in 2020/21, now that at least 8 junior clubs have applied to join the EoSL. As the "main man", I assume that your ear is close to the ground, and you already have some insight/information**.

** BMan, as an aside, do you know who the 9th new EoS  applicant is :  ie, not Eyemouth who are an existing EoS member club (intending to make a return on the field) ?   

16 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Nothing wrong with that. Each club has the right to choose what it considers to be the best for its future.

The WL clubs have received a lot of grief from posters on here.........which for my view (above), was unnecessary, and at times hostile.

What will be interesting now, is what will be the format of the ERJFA league in 2020/21, now that at least 8 junior clubs have applied to join the EoSL. As the "main man", I assume that your ear is close to the ground, and you already have some insight/information**.

** BMan, as an aside, do you know who the 9th new EoS  applicant is :  ie, not Eyemouth who are an existing EoS member club (intending to make a return on the field) ?   

Supposed tone Edinburgh south