New clubs in the East of Scotland

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think most of them have got what they always wanted - a local league, for local clubs. 

That's bang on Gordon,that's exactly what they want.

They cant stand the EoS.

The thought of applying for it would feel like defeat !!

Leave them to get on with it,if they want a W.Lothian league,then fair enough.

As I have said often on here, myself or my friends in the town wont be near Central park anytime soon to watch it......

Edited by Whitburn Vale

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

That's bang on Gordon,that's exactly what they want.

They cant stand the EoS.

The thought of applying for it would feel like defeat !!

Leave them to get on with it,if they want a W.Lothian league,then fair enough.

As I have said often on here, myself or my friends in the town wont be near Central park anytime soon to watch it......

Think it was you that showed the improvement of the Whitburn enclosure. Honestly thought that EoS was the reason.

As been stated before, Whitburn out big time when they chose not to join the old Super League. I think now that particularly. Whitburn (again), Bathgate (great ground) and Fauldhouse will regret this big time, in a year.

I would say it’s a waste,though,I admin coming from none of these area.

But if these clubs do want to play at an amateur level, will the existing facilities all three clubs have just go to waste in a few years?

Said way upthread that maybe they were waiting for the West to leave so they had a shot at the Junior Cup.

But with the West big teams mainly heading for the Seniors but still wanting their Junior Cup cake they aint got a chance anytime soon. I just hope the committee at, for example, Bathgate remember this week when they are wondering when their Junior Cup tie against seniors side Largs Thistle (or whomever) will actually be played owing to the Jags having a full fixture list.

10 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Said way upthread that maybe they were waiting for the West to leave so they had a shot at the Junior Cup.

But with the West big teams mainly heading for the Seniors but still wanting their Junior Cup cake they aint got a chance anytime soon. I just hope the committee at, for example, Bathgate remember this week when they are wondering when their Junior Cup tie against seniors side Largs Thistle (or whomever) will actually be played owing to the Jags having a full fixture list.

Got to agree JPL it seems nuts to me too. The North & East juniors are going to allow the new West Senior Big Boys to play at being "Junior" a couple of days a year and pinch the money out of the Junior piggy bank in prize money. Bizarre.

13 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Think it was you that showed the improvement of the Whitburn enclosure. Honestly thought that EoS was the reason.

As been stated before, Whitburn out big time when they chose not to join the old Super League. I think now that particularly. Whitburn (again), Bathgate (great ground) and Fauldhouse will regret this big time, in a year.

But if these clubs do want to play at an amateur level, will the existing facilities all three clubs have just go to waste in a few years?

Yeah it was myself Casey that posted the impressive improvement's to Central park"s shed.

As I mentioned last week lots of other great improvements hav been carried out their over the last 5yrs or so and fair play to the WJFC committee.

But not so fair play is their attitude towards the EoS and the pyramid.

2 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

I don't think it will be as bad as that - assuming replays are scrapped of course. There's enough space in calendar for the Junior Cup to have set dates for each round just like the EOS qualifying cup, and gaps can be left in the league fixtures. The issue will be if a game is postponed, then a number of teams will be affected if they want to play it the next Saturday.

Edited by Ginaro

3 hours ago, honestman54 said:

Is that for real?

Eyemouth's return ?

There was to have been an EoSL meeting' tonight, presumably by video conferencing (?).

If so, expect an announcement about clubs, conferences, etc, tomorrow, or very soon thereafter.

Are they the 9th applicant ?

9 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Well researched. It will be interesting to see what develops. There could even be a possible link up between the two. Fernieside looks as though it would need a lot of development though:

Tynecastle005.JPG

http://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/Historic/tynecastle.htm

Park had a rope around it and was always full of dug shite when Tynecastle played there. Defo would need a bit work on it but good luck to Edinburgh South if its them. They were a feeder team to ww not that long ago. 

If it is Edinburgh South where would they play?
Their pitches seem to be entirely open playing fields. Edinburgh University is close-by. Maybe they would play there?
Anybody know?
They have a pitch up by the new royal infirmary which might have been a previous am's team before? Not sure of exacts tho. Could pretty easily be cordoned off.

3 minutes ago, Specky said:
9 hours ago, Dev said:
If it is Edinburgh South where would they play?
Their pitches seem to be entirely open playing fields. Edinburgh University is close-by. Maybe they would play there?
Anybody know?

They have a pitch up by the new royal infirmary which might have been a previous am's team before? Not sure of exacts tho. Could pretty easily be cordoned off.

Fernieside Park it was Tynecastle s EoSFL pitch before they moved to Saughton. 

Edited by newcastle broon

Gotcha. Had friends up there and knew we took the kids for a kick about us at the pitch.

They're a big community club and would be good to complete their pathway with a route to the seniors

So we're looking at 2 conferences of 17 then. No cross conference ties and an odd team out every week means the fixture sec will have to juggle the Cup ties to try and give everyone a game on Saturdays. 

21 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Perhaps it is this club:

http://escfc.co.uk/

We are a SFA Quality Mark Accredited Community Club bringing together the some of the best resources in the south of Edinburgh to create the best possible football environment.

Providing a complete football pathway for all players from soccer school right through the pathway 4s, 5s, 7s, 11s, as well as the girls, ladies and amateur teams.

As a club we currently represent:

• 62 Teams
  • Over 700 Players
  • 160+ Coaches and Officials

11-a-side Teams, 7-a-side Teams, Our Soccer School, Soccer 4’s and Soccer 5’s

We have fantastic facilities at Inch Park Community Sports Club (IPCSC) both in terms of changing rooms and bar/kitchen//function facilites.

Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/EdinburghSouthCFC/

They definitely have ambitions of getting a team in the East of Scotland league. I was approached a couple seasons ago about going along there with the view of helping put a team in place to move. 

They are based at Inch Park, I’d imagine that wouldn’t be suitable as it stands though. The clubhouse is a fair bit away from the pitch and it’s open.  I’m pretty sure they still also are in control of the pitch at Fernieside which has also mentioned though and would be easier to use although it’s still a public park. Not sure if you get away with a rope cordon anymore?

23 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

They definitely have ambitions of getting a team in the East of Scotland league. I was approached a couple seasons ago about going along there with the view of helping put a team in place to move. 

They are based at Inch Park, I’d imagine that wouldn’t be suitable as it stands though. The clubhouse is a fair bit away from the pitch and it’s open.  I’m pretty sure they still also are in control of the pitch at Fernieside which has also mentioned though and would be easier to use although it’s still a public park. Not sure if you get away with a rope cordon anymore?

Glenrothes Strollers application last year was rejected due to the lack of a fence around their pitch. Well that plus them not turning up to the EGM to put their case. 

I understand why some of these teams didnt want to make the effort.
Bathgate for example. Decent pitch, nice wee ground but no one cares. Hardly any supporters, a tiny committee and , as with many clubs, not that well off. The team gets worse every year and so a West Lothian wee league will be less costly and they are not pissing anyone off by staying.

Fauldhouse looked for a wee while that they were showing some ambition but I think that fell away latterly.

Whitburn (still the biggest potential of the 3) are so staunch with their junior loyalty that I'm not surprised, just disappointed. This would have given them the kickstart that is needed there.

39 minutes ago, TheLad said:

I understand why some of these teams didnt want to make the effort.
Bathgate for example. Decent pitch, nice wee ground but no one cares. Hardly any supporters, a tiny committee and , as with many clubs, not that well off. The team gets worse every year and so a West Lothian wee league will be less costly and they are not pissing anyone off by staying.

With the exception of myself and around 50 other keyboard Pyramid warriors!

Seriously we tried to make a strong case for the West Lothian clubs to join the rest of the football family in the pyramid but again spectacularly failed.

Wishing all the remaining West Lothian Junior teams a great season for 2020/21 (hopefully without further impact of Covid-19). 

However the Pyramid and this thread (or its successor) will not disappear and it will be time to reconvene on the West Lothian issue next year.

I see an article by Gordon Smith in the Herald today once again bringing up this stupid suggestion of reserve teams being added to the SFL and regional top leagues. Paints a picture how these premier reserve teams will save the part time lower SFL teams by brining big crowds, and calls out the tunnocks Cup as an example of this. Yet he shows no recognition at all, probably not aware, of the massive changes going on in the lower non leagues of the pyramid and now with the WoS league joining the pyramid, and fails to recognise as pointed out on here that the Premier colt teams do not bring big crowds at all in the Tunnocks cup. What a load of rubbish which has been thrown out by every league every time it comes up. May i say it will be new ambitious senior clubs getting promotion from through the pyramid into the spfl which will revitalise the lower league game in Scotland and help close the gap to the Premier league, and not B teams of Premier sides. Get the idea thrown out and hope the top leagues don't entertain this stupid idea in a knee jerk reaction due to the covid19 crisis. 

Edited by morley