New clubs in the East of Scotland

If the SFA persists in the delusion that Dundee is in the Highlands, an EoS Tayport becomes an interesting proposition, as they should be able to hoover up Dundee-based players who are not interested in repeated travel north of Aberdeen.

Travel to Aberdeen from Dundee is no different from Dundee to the Lothians.

Dundee to Peterhead is almost identical in distance and driving time as Dundee to Dunbar.

11 hours ago, Robert James said:

Applications to EoSL now closed

Not quite what their own website states and if you want exceptional, I think you currently have it.

Deadline date for applications is 31 March 2020 and ONLY IN VERY EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THIS BE EXTENDED.

2 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Not quite what their own website states and if you want exceptional, I think you currently have it.

Deadline date for applications is 31 March 2020 and ONLY IN VERY EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THIS BE EXTENDED.

Cant see any club being able to argue exceptional circumstances after the long period where there doesnt seem to have been any discussion from any club

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any idea how the EoSFL are handling the process for applicants due to COVID19, since I believe last time there was a league meeting last year.

When do we expect an announcement on the applicants?

If the SFA persists in the delusion that Dundee is in the Highlands, an EoS Tayport becomes an interesting proposition, as they should be able to hoover up Dundee-based players who are not interested in repeated travel north of Aberdeen.

Highland league is just a name nothing more or should Aberdeen teams also not be in there? In reality it’s the northern Scotland league and Dundee should 100% be in it, keep shoving more teams in the Lowland League and you might as well scrap the boundary altogether as it’ll virtually be a national league travel wise for borders teams. Edinburgh/ Glasgow (LL) Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee (HL)

On 02/01/2020 at 12:08, GordonS said:

Before they had an adult men's team it seemed sensible for the community club to use the Linlithgow Rose name - it gives them a bit of recognition, and the big club don't have a youth/ female set-up. But there has to be some possibility for confusion among casual supporters now that there's an adult men's team with the same name, especially as they're Junior and the big club aren't any more. Watching a club that wasn't Linlithgow Rose called Linlithgow Rose playing in the colours of Linlithgow Rose at Linlithgow Rose's ground against Pollok in a Junior Cup tie was a bit... strange. 

I'm sure it's all fine and it's not really my place to be bothered about it and I'm sure those running the community club are doing the town a service, I just wondered how much thought had been given to it by those at the two clubs. 

Yes I agree that the club's inclusion of the name "Rose"   is nonsense in my view, as the junior club is trying to blatantly portraying itself , as the original and genuine Linlithgow Rose JFC.

It is recognised that the new Linlithgow juniors are a separate club, and there would be nothing wrong with having their title as Linlithgow Juniors Community Club,  Adding the word "Rose" is unnecessary, confusing, and in my view, open to a legal challenge from the existing "LR", which it would lose.

(Please note that I have no personal  connection with Linlithgow Rose FC)

The EOS are likely to email the number of applicants to clubs and this information will leak out. That's how we knew at the start of last week that there had been 8 applications so far. 

All applicants would normally receive site visits to ensure their grounds meet EOS requirements and last year There was a meeting of all the clubs at the end of last season to decide on who was successful(possibly the AGM). Obviously due to the current crisis site visits are probably impossible and a meeting of all the clubs certainly won't happen until the lock down is lifted. 

So I certainly expect the clubs to be informed of this year's process soon. 

11 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes I agree that the club's inclusion of the name "Rose"   is nonsense in my view, as the junior club is trying to blatantly portraying itself , as the original and genuine Linlithgow Rose JFC.

It is recognised that the new Linlithgow juniors are a separate club, and there would be nothing wrong with having their title as Linlithgow Juniors Community Club,  Adding the word "Rose" is unnecessary, confusing, and in my view, open to a legal challenge from the existing "LR", which it would lose.

(Please note that I have no personal  connection with Linlithgow Rose FC)

Should go back to their original bfc linlithgow name

2 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Id heard that there was a 9th applicant, maybe wrong

No you're right. I've just seen Burnieman(or BMan now) put it up on the futures of the juniors thread. 

Scone appears to be the best bet. I'd be happy with them coming on board. 

26 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

No you're right. I've just seen Burnieman(or BMan now) put it up on the futures of the juniors thread. 

Scone appears to be the best bet. I'd be happy with them coming on board. 

Would u be happy with luncarty as they are just north of the line technically. it wouldnt bother me

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Would u be happy with luncarty as they are just north of the line technically. it wouldnt bother me

Absolutely. For such a short distance common sense should apply. 

But Tayport are in Fife not Tayside!! It's time they were told that. 

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

Absolutely. For such a short distance common sense should apply. 

But Tayport are in Fife not Tayside!! It's time they were told that. 

Agreed. But why does Tayport have a DD postcode and 01382 STD number? This has always puzzled me.

8 minutes ago, Tom Wilson said:

Agreed. But why does Tayport have a DD postcode and 01382 STD number? This has always puzzled me.

Tayport and Newport are just inside the DD boundary as are parts of Aberdeenshire. I honestly don't know why.