New clubs in the East of Scotland

Very pleased to hear that Tayport's appeal is working well. Sorry that I cannot help them.

FYI:   This is the complete bunch of tweets giving the Chairman's appeal. Parts seemed desperate.

"To all supporters of Tayport Football Club and all members of the local community who use the facilities at the Cannipairt. These are extraordinary times, like many other businesses and organisations, the COVID-19 pandemic is having a significant financial impact on the running

of the football club.

As Chairman, I write to you at a time of need. Our club has been in existence since 1947 and has a proud and successful history. Our success in the Scottish Junior Cup, competing in 5 cup finals, put not only our club but the community of Tayport on the map.

Unfortunately, our income is raised largely from fundraising through our Car Boot Sales which has had to be suspended indefinitely and with no football we have no income from gate receipts. Other fundraisers, such as the Super 6, predictors and bingo have also had to be suspended

We now find ourselves in a very difficult position with no income and virtually no funds. In the short term, we have been successful in reducing some of our running costs. Along with the player wages we have been able to suspend a number of our overheads over the next 2 months.

However, we still have a number of bills to pay - gas, electricity, etc. The uncertainty around when we can start up again in a business as usual manner is not clear. Therefore, our financial position is very bleak and places the very existence of the club in doubt.

To help us through this period, I would, through desperation, ask you for any form of financial assistance you can offer at this time. You will appreciate such an approach has not been an easy decision but it is one the club has been forced to make. With your help

In the short term, I'm confident we can get through this and hopefully come out stronger at the other end. Please click the link provided below, any contribution would be greatly appreciated. "Support the Port" David Baikie Chairman, Tayport FC"

Edited by Dev

Last I heard they were still swithering, but leaning more towards ammie. Heard a name of a potential new manager who I would have thought would have preferred to play EOS. So errr not a clue 

The shed at Central park has finally been done up,a new entrance has also been made at the back of it.

Surely after doing the shed up,building new changing rooms,a new 40 seater stand,new main gates, plus 2 new modern dug outs and sorting the open terracing across from the shed in the last 5yrs the Whitburn committee aren't gonna stay junior......,are they?

20200329_163817.jpg

Edited by Whitburn Vale

18 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The shed at Central park has finally been done up,a new entrance has also been made at the back of it.

Surely after doing the shed up,building new changing rooms,a new 40 seater stand,new main gates, plus 2 new modern dug outs and sorting the open terracing across from the shed in the last 5yrs the Whitburn committee aren't gonna stay junior......,are they?

20200329_163817.jpg

While it's obviously up to the clubs if they stay Junior or join the EOSFL (no one should be forced) I just can't see the appeal especially as they're going to now be playing Senior teams in the SJC as pretty much the entire WRJFA is going to the WOSFL by the looks of it.  Get the same deal as the WRJFA and retain SJFA membership if it's that important but surely playing the Rose and Bo'ness is preferable to playing their tribute acts.  This is the last chance to join at Tier 7 wait much longer and it'll be Tier 8/9 or turn Amateur.   

Deadline Day has arrived,will there be any last minute applications tae join the EoS............?

Quit the teasers and just tell them to get their application done!

All that investment in ground improvements whilst remaining Juniors would ultimately end the club in the not too distant future surely?

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Quit the teasers and just tell them to get their application done!

All that investment in ground improvements whilst remaining Juniors would ultimately end the club in the not too distant future surely?

Totally agree with you BU

https://www.facebook.com/fauldhouseutdfanspage/

Fauldhouse United JFC fans page

29 March at 12:38 ·

Rob Mildren‎ to Fauldhouse United JFC fans page

29 March at 12:33 ·

I guess we would all like some real football to watch but in the meantime some big moves are happening in the East & West Juniors for next season.

So far Luncarty, Lochgelly Albert, Lochore Welfare, Kennoway Star Hearts, Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Newburgh, Rosyth Juniors and Thornton Hibs are all leaving the East Region Juniors and applying to join the East of Scotland leagues for next season

That leaves only enough teams for 1 South divison of the East Juniors with

Livingston Utd
Pumpherston Juniors
Whitburn Juniors
Armadale Thistle
Fauldhouse Utd
Bathgate Thistle
Harthill Royal
Stoneyburn Juniors
Syntenta
Bo'ness CFC
Linlithgow CFC
Sauchie CFC
West Calder Utd

Meanwhile in the west the teams are leaving the West Juniors to join the new West of Scotland League. Some of them might also maintain an SJFA affiliation but only so they can continue playing in the Junior Cup, which will be slotted in after league (definitely) and other cups (likely) take priority.

So far more than 30 of the 63 West Junior clubs have published statements to say they are applying to the West of Scotland League. The West Region Junior committee is recommending that ALL their clubs apply. They have until 7 April to get their application in, after that there may be no West Junior League.

Applications for the East of Scotland League close on 31 March.

Seems it's all pretty quiet on the West Lothian front. Today may be deadline day but I think the present viral pandemic situation ever-so-slightly might just fall under "exceptional circumstances" that the EOS say are required for late applications to be considered.

So if there isn't a last minute rush of applications, which there certainly doesn't seem to be, the situation of WL clubs entering the EOS will probably rumble on for a while.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

Season after next they will apply en masse. The bottom ring of the EoSL will be geographically split by then. That group will become EoSL(W).

They should apply now in my opinion, but this might satisfy the old guard.

Season after next they will join the second division (tier 8 ). If there's more than 16 clubs in that division then it would need to be discussed how to accommodate them. Third division?

2 minutes ago, BMan said:

Season after next they will join the second division (tier 8 ). If there's more than 16 clubs in that division then it would need to be discussed how to accommodate them. Third division?

Whatever, they seem more interested in being together than anything else. I don't think tier comes in to it.

15 minutes ago, Dev said:

Clueless from Armadale writes in the comments:

"Application dates will keep going back until they have all the junior clubs they want . The spfl look like they are going to postpone relegation for at least 2 seasons . The sfa should grow a set and sort out our game like the FA done in England . Leaving everybody to fight it out in the playground is laughable . Until then West Lothian looks like being one of the last bastions of junior football . Hopefully the sfa will put facilities high on the agenda for each tier ." :rolleyes:

You'd think someone in the Whitburn public group on fb would maybe mention either WOS or further departures to the EOS - might only be in a month's time when the dust settles they realise they are all alone in WL.

I wish Tayport applied even if just to keep their options or narrowing options open.

Extremely unlikely however.

Will cling onto hope that they wont be jettisoned by the Tayside rump.

I fear that could happen if the Tay boundary is non negotiable and the Tayside juniors do a west of scotland type split. Both scenarios are entirely possible.

May never happen, but to not have anything to fall back on apart from the west Lothian junior league is a concern.

The current financial problem will not help as on the face of it suddenly needing x amount of busses in the eos against the current 0 while in tayside, will look bad on any proposed budget that is struggling.

Made a small donation myself on the justgiving page , as having a club on my doorstep in hardship is not what anyone wants too see. Good to see support at over £1,600

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

I wish Tayport applied even if just to keep their options or narrowing options open.

Extremely unlikely however.

Will cling onto hope that they wont be jettisoned by the Tayside rump.

I fear that could happen if the Tay boundary is non negotiable and the Tayside juniors do a west of scotland type split. Both scenarios are entirely possible.

May never happen, but to not have anything to fall back on apart from the west Lothian junior league is a concern.

The current financial problem will not help as on the face of it suddenly needing x amount of busses in the eos against the current 0 while in tayside, will look bad on any proposed budget that is struggling.

Made a small donation myself on the justgiving page , as having a club on my doorstep in hardship is not what anyone wants too see. Good to see support at over £1,600

If the SFA persists in the delusion that Dundee is in the Highlands, an EoS Tayport becomes an interesting proposition, as they should be able to hoover up Dundee-based players who are not interested in repeated travel north of Aberdeen.