New clubs in the East of Scotland

Whitburn have a public facebook group but it seems the only time something has been mentioned about the EOS is when the reconstruction was being discussed during the 2018 exodus, and then a few months later they were having a laugh at the Alex Jack Cup finishing with two clubs being excluded.

Edited by Ginaro

I wasn't laughing, that's for sure.

Whitburn have a public facebook group but it seems the only time something has been mentioned about the EOS is when the reconstruction was being discussed during the 2018 exodus, and then a few months later they were having a laugh at the Alex Jack Cup finishing with two clubs being excluded.

We dont have one falkirk north. We have 2 snp and 2 labour. Falkirk south has a tory though

Linlithgow have had a Tory for years, Tom Kerr, the council leader. It's both a personal vote and a middle class vote. When there was a by-election in 2015, without Tom Kerr standing, the Tory candidate came third with 20% of first preferences.
The sudden, out-of-nowhere leap in the Tory vote in 2017 in Broxburn, Whitburn, Armadale and Bathgate was definitely not a middle class vote. It was a staunch response to the 2014 referendum. 

I’m sure I speak for the bulk of this thread when I say:

‘Naeb’dy cares! Take this bollux to the Politics forum!’

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

I always think of Armadale as a bit more staunch than Whitburn. Didn't they have an Orange councillor in the not-too-distant past? Mind you, Whitburn & Blackburn ward elected a Tory in 2017, which tells its own story. Friedmanite free-market libertarians they are not.

The infamous Duncan Maclean.

By my reckoning, we're getting close to having Conferences of 17/18 clubs next season.

If we assume that Lochore and Newburgh will apply, then we're at 16.

That means 4 more spots before it becomes difficult, and one of those spots may be claimed by Eyemouth coming back.

Tayport & Scone both eligible to apply, then we have the  "WL" clubs.

37 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

By my reckoning, we're getting close to having Conferences of 17/18 clubs next season.

That means 4 more spots before it becomes difficult, and one of those spots may be claimed by Eyemouth coming back.

If its 18 in each conference that's 34 games same as it is this season so achievable 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Eyemouth in abeyance aye? What's the EoS rules on that? Do they have a set amount of time to come back as a playing member? Can they play in the ammies for a season or so while in abeyance as well if, perhaps, they want to ease their way back in to a higher level?

I wouldn’t count your chickens before your eggs. You’ve probably heard what’s proposed for the region. I won’t say what it is out of respect, but I’ve certainly heard a few concrete plans/rumours for the east region.

2 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

I wouldn’t count your chickens before your eggs. You’ve probably heard what’s proposed for the region. I won’t say what it is out of respect, but I’ve certainly heard a few concrete plans/rumours for the east region.

What proposal?  EoS have 6 clubs who have already submitted formal applications, and two more likely to.

West Lothian clubs met on Friday and there appeared to be little appetite to consider the EoS.

The EoS have agreed to Premier - Conference next season.

27 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Eyemouth in abeyance aye? What's the EoS rules on that? Do they have a set amount of time to come back as a playing member? Can they play in the ammies for a season or so while in abeyance as well if, perhaps, they want to ease their way back in to a higher level?

They have a non-playing membership, no idea how long that lasts, or their future plans.

22 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

What plans could the West Lothian and Tayside clubs possibly have given they split for this season due to the travel? Unless you think some clubs will rejoin the Juniors, because otherwise there's only going to be about 13 clubs in and around West Lothian.

Edited by Ginaro

24 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

Its a west lothian League almost all of fife is away. SO they either have a West lothian League. Join up with tayside or join the west who won't be in the pyramid

I would imagine the EoS could just dust off their plans of the season before last. It seemed to work well. Three conferences. Starting the season with extra games from early group phase for the league cup meaning also teams play teams from another conference in that. King cup for everyone again...

The EoS have demonstrated how good they are dealing with different numbers and the situation.

What plans could the West Lothian and Tayside clubs possibly have given they split for this season due to the travel? Unless you think some clubs will rejoin the Juniors, because otherwise there's only going to be about 13 clubs in and around West Lothian.

There’s every chance that’s what will happen but time will tell.

Just now, stulch said:

I would imagine the EoS could just dust off their plans of the season before last. It seemed to work well. Three conferences. Starting the season with extra games from early group phase for the league cup meaning also teams play teams from another conference in that. King cup for everyone again...

The EoS have demonstrated how good they are dealing with different numbers and the situation.

Not sure that will be too popular.  Remember, the clubs overwhelmingly favour Premier-First-Second, just not next season.

If they're faced with a change to three Conferences, then perhaps the mood would change.

Immaterial anyway until the numbers merit it.  2 x 18 teams Conferences perfectly feasible.