New clubs in the East of Scotland

Just now, Junior Pub League said:

Luncarty being north of the line cant move, where are Scone in relation to the line?

Scone are well south of the line.

There’s been speculation that Luncarty might be allowed some flexibility based on the village being split by the line itself. Possibly even a prisoner exchange with Tayport.

6 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Luncarty being north of the line cant move, where are Scone in relation to the line?

There's nothing in the EoS constitution about the line and plenty of rumblings about it getting shifted north soon to take in Angus to keep Brechin happy. If I had to guess who the mystery sixth applicant is, it would be Luncarty. A Jeanfield Swifts poster was claiming on here a few months back that they were interested in moving to the EoS. 

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's nothing in the EoS constitution about the line and plenty of rumblings about it getting shifted north soon to take in Angus to keep Brechin happy. If I had to guess who the mystery sixth applicant is, it would be Luncarty. A Jeanfield Swifts poster was claiming on here a few months back that they were interested in moving to the EoS. 

Brechin v Dalbeattie in LL would be a joke. Where are these 'rumblings' coming from?

10 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Ironically, Scone are north of the Tay but south of the line, whilst Luncarty are (just) north of the line but south of the Tay.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Brechin v Dalbeattie in LL would be a joke. Where are these 'rumblings' coming from?

The word is that Brechin continue to lobby behind the scenes.

The question remains, if Brechin win the debate can the rule be re-written and approved by member clubs to apply to this season? I have my doubts, surely any rule change would only be approved at AGM and applicable from next season onwards.

The LL wanted to change a rule mid season to save WW from relegation, it was rejected by the SFA.

31 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The question remains, if Brechin win the debate can the rule be re-written and approved by member clubs to apply to this season? I have my doubts, surely any rule change would only be approved at AGM and applicable from next season onwards.

The LL wanted to change a rule mid season to save WW from relegation, it was rejected by the SFA.

Ridiculous if this lobbying is successful and they change it.

The effect is that the LL ceases to be a regional league - you just create a 5th division.  So moving from the beginnings of something vaguely resembling a pyramid, it evolves as an even taller column.

This is why it is vital that the Dundee and Aberdeen junior clubs are brought properly into the mix because over time there would be a natural gravitational pull towards clubs in these cities and the make-up of the HL would change.  

Towns like Carnoustie (11,000) and Broughty Ferry (19,000) could be represented in the HL.

Edited by Che Dail

2 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Ridiculous if this lobbying is successful and they change it.

The effect is that the LL ceases to be a regional league - you just create a 5th division.  So moving from the beginnings of something vaguely resembling a pyramid, it evolves as an even taller column.

This is why it is vital that the Dundee and Aberdeen junior clubs are brought properly into the mix because over time there would be a natural gravitational pull towards clubs in these cities and the make-up of the HL would change.  

Towns like Carnoustie (11,000) and Broughty Ferry (19,000) could be represented in the HL.

Totally agree, but don't expect the HL to start banging the drum for this to happen.

They could look at it practically, restrict the HL to 16 clubs and start a HL2 under their control and invite all clubs north of the line to apply to it.  It wouldn't need them to be licenced and if a number of Tayside Superleague clubs applied, it would perhaps alleviate their (largely unfounded) travel concerns as there would be a fair few local games.  Two up/down. 

The NRJFA, Tayside, and NCL could then feed into it, it's less of a step to make than straight into the HL, and a softer landing for current HL clubs.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I agree, the boundary should not be changed mid-season, as a result of Brechin "lobbying". It would also unbalance the SLL/HFL catchment areas, in terms of the number of clubs in each region. In the unlikely event that the SFA supports this change (given the knock-on implications for the pyramid leagues below,  can it impose a boundary change, if any of the SPFL, HFL, and SLL oppose a change ?. It would also undermine the stance taken by the EoSL, in rejecting applications from north of the Tay. Chasos.

There is also an assumption on here, that Brechin will finish the season as SPFL Club 42, and will lose in the play-off, to the Highland/Lowland champions.  Whilst Brechin are currently 8 points adrift at the bottom of L2, it isn't impossible that with a dozen league games still to be played,  they may not finish last :

Stenhousemuir                 PLY   25    PTS   27

Albion Rovers                    PLY   23    PTS   24

Brechin City                        PLY   24   PTS   16

These clubs still need to play each other again. 

Edited by Robert James
additional question added

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The WW relegation rule change was a change to that season's rules indeed. Brechin City getting relegated will happen this season if they finish bottom and lose the play-off. However, isn't which league they are put in technically something that applies next season, which could give them a loophole?

I'm not sure on this, but I'm just thinking how it will be technically.

41 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I certainly would not be surpised to see Syngenta Juniors attempt to move to the EoSFL for 2020/21 in order to facilitate an U20 Development Side pathway for their burgeoning youth set up incorporated within Syngenta Juveniles FC.

I dont think they are to do with that now. Syngenta seem to be pennies now 

15 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I dont think they are to do with that now. Syngenta seem to be pennies now 

It is an interesting issue - you may be right.

On the other hand Syngenta may be BM's other potential EoSFL applicant - who do not wish to declare their interest/hand until their ground situation has been sorted out. Perhaps they have learnt from their previous experience trying to join the EoSFL for 2019/20.

By the way full respect to BM for keeping the confidence of the potential applicant whoever they may be.

Edited by Pyramidic

Just now, Pyramidic said:

It is an interesting issue - you may be right.

On the other hand Syngenta may be BM's other potential EoSFL applicant - who do not wish to declare their interest/hand until their ground situation has been sorted out. Perhaps they have learnt from their previous experience trying to join the EoSFL for 2019/20.

By the way full respect to BM for keeping the confidence of the potential applicany whoever they may be.

After what happened last year Syngenta know they're not going to get in until they've got their ground situation already sorted.

1 minute ago, Pyramidic said:

Just wondering what upgrades would be necessary to a 3G/4G floodlit cage (with reasonable access to changing rooms) to make it EOSFL compliant?

What work for example would be necessary at Little Kerse?

Can Syngenta afford to run an U20s along with their 1st team both having the expense of ground hire.

The fall out that Syngenta had with LK I don't see this ever going to happen at LK facility, Grangemouth will never be able to accommodate Friday night football either as last report coming from Grangemouth was the floodlights were seriously inadequate and the athletics as well.

If Syngenta do apply I suspect that the burden on an U20s cost wise wont be justified and would need invested in a 1st team venture