New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Should change their name to boness thistle or something make themselves a totally different club

Yep, that’d be the logical thing to do and I’d imagine the Juniors would probably think themselves that they need a name change if they were to consider joining the EOS. 

53 minutes ago, stanley said:

Bo'ness United and Bo'ness United Juniors (who would now be seniors not juniors) is a little bit more than samey...

It would be Bo'ness United (seniors formerly juniors) playing at the same ground as Bo'ness United juniors (seniors formerly juniors) as well.  

I agree with your point, but what I was getting at is it’s hardly a major problem and is easily resolved: 

EOS:  “Right BU Juniors, you’ve got everything in place, you’re welcome to join our league. We’ve got a Bo’ness United already though, so change your name to something else”. 

Can’t see playing at the same park being an issue either. No different from BSC sharing with Alloa, or the Milan clubs sharing the San Siro. 

Worth also mentioning that the pies are way better at Bo’ness than the pies at the San Siro... Macaroni in a fucking pie?! What nonsense!

It's all a bit academic right now since the Junior side was created to fill that void in the area. Not some grander ambition. I imagine they'll stick with the SJFA while that's an option.

Next year might be a bit of a step up for them if there's enough left of the 20 team East Region South divisions or however everything else shakes out.

40 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Havent boness juniors used the senior players in games to give them game time and the senior squad used junior players to play in friendlies?

I'm not sure there is 'no link'. There appears to be a link and for that reason, I cant see them admitted. They appear to be the 2nd side and as such will unlikely be admitted, much like sauchie juniors juniors.

The senior side haven’t used any of the junior sides players. The junior side had one of the senior side’s players play as a trialist for them to gain fitness. All legit and within the rules apparently, but by no means are they a 2nd side. Other than the club name and sharing Newtown Park, the teams are entirely separate entities.

Edited by 8MileBU

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The senior side haven’t used any of the junior sides players. The junior side had one of the senior side’s players play as a trialist for them to gain fitness. All legit and within the rules apparently, but by no means are they a 2nd side. Other than the club name and sharing Newtown Park, the teams are entirely separate entities.

Senior side have used two players from the juniors in a friendly

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's all a bit academic right now since the Junior side was created to fill that void in the area. Not some grander ambition. I imagine they'll stick with the SJFA while that's an option.

Next year might be a bit of a step up for them if there's enough left of the 20 team East Region South divisions or however everything else shakes out.

Yes "academic right now" so we can leave it there.......

......except we haven't yet argued about  Linlithgow ROSE Community Juniors , and Sauchie Junior Community, clubs also described by Andy McGregor (Scottish Football Almanac) as "effectively nursery clubs of senior teams.". 

44 minutes ago, John S said:

They don't. Tynie is right. Original BU have priority.

But they have as much access as the senior club, if there's a fixture clash you have priority but in the context of what is being discuss, the Juniors have a home ground.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Yes "academic right now" so we can leave it there.......

......except we haven't yet argued about  Linlithgow ROSE Community Juniors , and Sauchie Junior Community, clubs also described by Andy McGregor (Scottish Football Almanac) as "effectively nursery clubs of senior teams.". 

Linlithgow wouldn't get in at their ground.

Sauchie we'll see, since I believe that was an amateur side taking on the name. There's been a few games moved. Might not want something more strict than what they're getting away with in the juniors.

I thought I'd seen some of the junior sides players play in friendlies for the senior side. It's all immaterial really though as nothing has changed as yet.

From the outside looking in there appears to be a link of sorts but as you say it may be nothing more than sharing the park use.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Andy McGregor should have done his research better, Linlithgow Juniors have nothing to do with LRFC.

It’s very silly that we keep have to talking about how closely linked sides with the same names are.  If you want treated as independent sides then have different names. If you want treated as one club then you play under 1 banner and player transfers/suspensions/ registrations are treated the same as the reserve sides. The blurred lines being created here don’t help anyone.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s very silly that we keep have to talking about how closely linked sides with the same names are.  If you want treated as independent sides then have different names. If you want treated as one club then you play under 1 banner and player transfers/suspensions/ registrations are treated the same as the reserve sides. The blurred lines being created here don’t help anyone.

Correct.  

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Agree completely.

End of......... ? 

With regard to some comments from earlier today: last season it was definitely confirmed before the season had started that top 5s (and 6th places if required) would form a new Premier Division, and the rest would enter a reinstated First Division. I remember it was known in outline before the Kelty-LTHV title games as there were already 26 clubs onboard by then. Technical details got released with the fixtures in June:

http://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/The-East-of-Scotland-Football-League-Season-2018-19-Fixture-List.pdf

369832382_18-19page.JPG.ec3917b757884feca3bfff0d373719b1.JPG

Forming a Second Division was never proposed for this season. For starters there were 'only' 39 clubs - including Eyemouth who then folded - which would hardly have left sufficient clubs for 2 lower divisions. Probably doubtful clubs would have stomached potentially dropping from tier 6 directly into tier 8 either. Remember that 13 existing EOSL clubs not only unanimously elected 26 new clubs in 2018, but did so knowing deep down they would struggle to make the new Premier Division. In the end none of them did (though a few came very close and are in promotion contention this season).

Even if it forming a Second Division had been decided for next season, before this season had started, you could never have confirmed what finishing positions could be required. No-one knew then what (if any) interest there would be from new clubs. You could have said "top 8s = 16" and ended-up with only 6 or 8 clubs in the Second Division. You could have said "top 6s = 12" and ended-up with 20 clubs in the Second Division! In that respect the same precision would simply have been impossible. If a good number of clubs do join that shouldn't be the case next season tbf. This season's technical details got released in May:

https://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/

2082742384_19-20page1.JPG.0056f902d813f67d478a3bcfeecffd61.JPG664637117_19-20page2.JPG.05c3169f7dca78b53eb0c04edd378b36.JPG

On the timing: apparently the clubs were asked to put in thoughts from the middle of last year. I know there was a club meeting at Linlithgow in the autumn - but seemingly there was little appetite for action at that time. Next club meeting was apparently at Newtongrange last month. If so a plebiscite of all clubs has been organised, held and acted on within weeks which isn't bad.

Also as I noted before it's been suggested about 1/3 of clubs voted against forming a Second Division at all? They were clearly content to continue with First Division conferences and not just for next season but beyond. I said a few days ago that people seem to have forgotten these clubs. Having to wait for what you want is difficult, but getting what you don't want at all is probably more difficult, even if you have the consolation of 1yr more.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Linlithgow wouldn't get in at their ground.
Sauchie we'll see, since I believe that was an amateur side taking on the name. There's been a few games moved. Might not want something more strict than what they're getting away with in the juniors.
Sauchie was a club from Dunblane iirc