New clubs in the East of Scotland

7 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

There had only been one season of conferences prior to that in EoS history (I believe) and that was the season before at Tier 6, those conferences used to create a 16 team Premier League and that was done, in my recollection, without the vote of the clubs to decide it?

I think the clubs already in the EoS had a vote on that, which is why it was known heading into the 2018 AGM that the 3 Conferences would be used to make up a 16 EoS Premier.

12 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Did anyone explicitly say "2019/20 won't be the last season of conferences at Tier 7"?

I can play that game too, but it's equally as shit an argument when I do it.emoji846.png

This season was the first season of conferences at Tier 7. There had only been one season of conferences prior to that in EoS history (I believe) and that was the season before at Tier 6, those conferences used to create a 16 team Premier League and that was done, in my recollection, without the vote of the clubs to decide it?

So, what's your point caller?

Again, this was done the right way by asking the clubs, the learning is that the timing wasn't right, should have been decided one way or the other before the season started as no one knew if it was Premier/First/Second OR CONFERENCES till this week, with two thirds of the season done and clubs clearly having different expectations based on available info/previous precedent.

And given we had an overwhelming vote in favour of premier/first/second but a vote lost by 1 to start next season it would be naive not to think that at least a couple of clubs will have voted for that structure and the timing deferred for a year based on their current league position who would have voted differently last summer (August/September/October) in the expectation that position would have been different than it is now.

You can't expect any different given the timing and that's not a criticism of those clubs who may have voted that way at all it's a criticism of the timing. Surely that's a fair comment, no?

I don't necessarily disagree with any of what you are saying. Logically it would have made sense for 2019/20 to have been used to find 16 teams to play in a single tier 7 division for 2020/21. However, if no one explicitly said "this is exactly what the format will be" then by definition an assumption has been made by clubs. You can argue about how justified or likely that assumption was but there wasn't any certainty. I think we are arguing the same thing - it should have been set at stone at the start of this campaign.

I think the clubs already in the EoS had a vote on that, which is why it was known heading into the 2018 AGM that the 3 Conferences would be used to make up a 16 EoS Premier.
Cool, that would make sense. I was at the AGM and I remember Kenny telling everyone that although no decision had been made yet to assume if it went to a premier League it would be the top teams from each conference making that up, then the fixture list had the details on it if he that would work.

But the key thing there was that the it happened at the AGM and it was made clear one way or the other prior to the season starting. We've been in a bit of will it won't/it this season so far, stick or twist with the structure being uncertain.

As I say, the only criticism here is the timing of the vote and given what the EoS have had to deal with the last two years and how well they've handled it, a pretty small one at that.

10 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

Nothing, you started down voting all my posts about a month ago so I've decided to return the favour.  Very childish but this place seems to matter to you a lot.

Thankfully I've never met you but from what I read on here you're a vulgar individual who threw his own faeces at someone, assaulted a homeless person in front of their own child, invented a person to try and get one over on another poster and also phoned soneones boss to get them into trouble.

So feel free to continue dotting my posts.

‘from what I’ve read on here’ 

You mean a bunch of numpties spouting drivel and made up nonsense? I’ve never phoned anyone’s boss except my own 😄

I merely returned some dots you left behind when I took offence to your fellow Rose fans mocking those with depression or other mental health issues. Quite the overreaction from you there tbh m8 x

With such an influx of new clubs last season, it was correct to have the 3 conferences in order to establish a Premier division of the top clubs. 

For this season, conferences were agreed at tier 7 in fairness to further new clubs joining the league. You have to ask, though, what was the point of the conferences if it wasn't to establish the best teams to play in a first division? 

For next season we should really be looking at a Premier / First / Second set up, with any new clubs joining the Second division, which, depending on numbers, could have the option of being split north and south. 

Although clubs weren't told at the start of the season whether or not they were playing to establish a First division, surely that is the point of having conferences in the first place? 

You really are a strange little man.  Popping you on ignore will greatly enhance my forum experience.

Aye, it works both ways so please do stick me on ignore. Better that than coming on here all red dots and f**k all else to offer the thread. Like a diddy Mallo tribute act.

As  Bo'ness is your club, would you expect the junior Bo'ness version to apply to join the EoSL, and be invited into its membership ?  

Bo’ness United (EOS) are my club, yes. However, the Bo’ness Junior side I have very little interest or knowledge of I’m afraid and therefore no idea what their future intentions might be.

23 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Bo’ness United (EOS) are my club, yes. However, the Bo’ness Junior side I have very little interest or knowledge of I’m afraid and therefore no idea what their future intentions might be.

Okay

Best wishes for your SFA licence, and SLL promotion this season.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

As  Bo'ness is your club, would you expect the junior Bo'ness version to apply to join the EoSL, and be invited into its membership ?  

I would think it comes down to the future of the south League in ERSJFA. If they are to apply to EOSFL, they might not be that far away from attaining a SFA licence too given the facilities?
With Boness United FC likely to go into Lowland, if the Junior version did apply to EOSFL, it would be a question if “Bo’ness United Juniors” is accepted in, or acceptable to, the EOSFL?

I'd be surprised if Bo'ness United juniors were allowed in.  I don't think they'd accept any reserve teams now (Stirling Uni are only there because they got in after the first team moved to the LL and EoS numbers were low).  Bo'ness might not count officially as a reserve team but they have almost the same name as Bo'ness.  It would seem a bit stupid having Bo'ness in the LL and a "different" Bo'ness in the EoS.

Edited by stanley

I'd be surprised if Bo'ness United juniors were allowed in.  I don't think they'd accept any reserve teams now (Stirling Uni are only there because they got in after the first team moved to the LL and EoS numbers were low).  Bo'ness might not count officially as a reserve team but they have almost the same name as Bo'ness.  It would seem a bit stupid having Bo'ness in the LL and a "different" Bo'ness in the EoS.

If that’s the direction BU Juniors wanted to go and if they met the criteria, it’d surely be impossible to deny them a place just because their name’s a bit samey?

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

If that’s the direction BU Juniors wanted to go and if they met the criteria, it’d surely be impossible to deny them a place just because their name’s a bit samey?

Depends on what the majority of members think. Even if Bo'ness United get promoted to the Lowland League, they would still be playing in the South Region Challenge Cup, Qualifying Cup and potentially Scottish Cup. People might not like the idea of having the real Bo'ness United and a fake Bo'ness United in the same pot.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Should change their name to boness thistle or something make themselves a totally different club

22 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Bo'ness United and Bo'ness United Juniors (who would now be seniors not juniors) is a little bit more than samey...

It would be Bo'ness United (seniors formerly juniors) playing at the same ground as Bo'ness United juniors (seniors formerly juniors) as well.  

Edited by stanley

7 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Think the EoS has full discretion on who it accepts and doesn't need to justify its decision. Not having their own ground and identity would be reason enough to turn them down, because other clubs won't want the precedent set in case it happens to them down the road.

Their best shot at progressing further was the ERSJFA getting tier 6 status, but that's clearly not happening now, so odds on they wind up as a forgotten quirky footnote.