New clubs in the East of Scotland

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The situation in the borders is difficult, you have a few teams with very good facilities which other regions don’t have at amateur level  but there is a continual fight to find enough quality players.   There is a few players in border ams that could step up to EoS put you’d probably need to get them all together from a bunch of different clubs, a very difficult thing to pull off.  I know a couple playing in the A league, but how on Earth to you convince them to try EoS? Playing for the village team, with their mates and no consequences for a bad game or missing a few training sessions or only being available for half the games, sure you can try and sell the increased professionalism and a chance to maybe impress enough to find themselves a bigger side but without the option to pay wages it’s still too big of an ask to be taking on journeys to fife etc for Eyemouth or duns is there anything to offer these guys that Coldstream or tweedmouth can’t?  Even the clubs who have ended up paying players struggled to get local guys and end up with the Lothian players  coming in, which comes with its own problems of locals not feeling like it’s a community club.

For me it does seem there’s enough clubs who can’t feel completely comfortable at either local amateur (too big) or region wide semi-pro(too small) for which there is a market for a south EoS division that suits them.   If I was on the Eyemouth committee then joining border ams would be the first step and hopefully with a successful few years and competing in the A league you would have a settled EoS with regional divisions that would be a settled home. 

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

With it being another season of Conferences, it would probably be easier for Eyemouth United to try and go the amateur route for next year. Can at least give themselves something to work with manager/squad wise with an eye on entering the EoS again once there's a regional set up.

Perfectly put lads 

51 minutes ago, Robert James said:

It's a shame as you could have been a candidate for EU's Media Liaison Officer 'vacancy' 

Aye media isn’t great. I used to be the liaison officer between EU and the juniors, that was fun back in the day 🙄

Keep this table going.
The first west Lothian team to declare will be interesting.
West Calder will move, almost a cert.
Fauldhouse look set to stay.
Bathgate will wait til the end to see what happens.
Whitburn will have internal warfare to come to any decision.
Would say Armadale unlikely given their comments on things in the past
Stoneyburn and the rest of the south bottom league from WL probably not.

3 down more to go.
image.png.617adcb80d6c479a8d8eb93f11714626.png

46 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Keep this table going.
The first west Lothian team to declare will be interesting.
West Calder will move, almost a cert.
Fauldhouse look set to stay.
Bathgate will wait til the end to see what happens.
Whitburn will have internal warfare to come to any decision.
Would say Armadale unlikely given their comments on things in the past
Stoneyburn and the rest of the south bottom league from WL probably not.

I'm curious to see if Syngenta try again. Things have apparently been a bit messy starting up but at least they've secured a suitable ground.

I'm curious to see if Syngenta try again. Things have apparently been a bit messy starting up but at least they've secured a suitable ground.
Suspect they would have less chance of being accepted at a second attempt after the changes mid season to incorporate Pennies.

Out of interest, what suitable ground?

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:
9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Is the agreement with Dunipace only there for this season?

Syngenta are no longer tenants at Westfield, they'll play their final home games of the junior season at alternate venues.

I didn't even know that. Nevermind then. Even more reason for Junior clubs to move if you've got another club scrambling around for a venue.

43 minutes ago, gaz5 said:
48 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Is the agreement with Dunipace only there for this season?

Syngenta are no longer tenants at Westfield, they'll play their final home games of the junior season at alternate venues.

Take it this was a fairly recent parting then?

Edited by FairWeatherFan