New clubs in the East of Scotland

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Sure. There are 40 clubs now, they could go 16-16-16 with the addition of 8 clubs. Eyemouth will hopefully coming back, Kirkcaldy YM are joining, and there are about 20-21 other eligible clubs currently in the ERSJFA. It wouldn't take many more joining before a ninth tier could happen. They may regionalise tier 8, of course.

If Eyemouth & Duns come back (I heard some rumours re. the latter, not sure how serious it is), all 20 ERJFA south clubs move & Scone / Luncarty / Tayport from ERJFA north, there'd be 65 clubs, a structure of 16 - 16 - 16/17 (regionalised second divisions) would be perfectly doable imo. And imo that's really the maximum possible number for now, which depends on 2 clubs returning, Luncarty AND the 3 "tribute acts" all being accepted.

Edited by Marten

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

I’d be pleasantly surprised at this 

I'm not sure if either Eyemouth or Duns would consider themselves ready for a season playing in EoSL conferences.

Assuming they are both intending to return (as rumoured), one or both of these clubs, may decide to wait until 2021/22, when the EoSL returns to a hierarchical structure (?)

I hope I am wrong, and they do apply to (re)join for 2020/21.

After the selfless way the original EoS teams accommodated the junior clubs, the original conference idea to let clubs find their level and the ingenious inter-conference games to bulk out the season and keep the games interesting this year I think the EoS possibly has the only administrators in Scottish football I would trust to organise a piss up in a brewery; never mind a league. However they slice for the next coupla years will turn out fine

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

9 hours ago, gaz5 said:
9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
Rather than being "accommodating", aren't clubs just voting to know what they're playing for at the start of a season of conferences? Seems daft to have a vote like this mid season when so much football has been played.

We thought we were playing for this already, like we did last season and have done since the start of the season. I don't think that's a reason at all, not a valid one anyway.

Correct.  The fact that First and Second Division was voted in something like 27-12 illustrates that.  The problem lies with the fact this should have been done and dusted at AGM or at least in October, when feedback from clubs was initially requested.  We then perhaps wouldn't be facing another Conference season.

Anyway, done and dusted.  What is now clear to the remaining Junior clubs, if they want to join the EoS they'd be mad not to do it now.

55 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Last I heard, Bo’ness had one minor thing to do to meet licence requirements.

The Licensing Committee is scheduled to meet on 26th February.

It is understood that up to 7 EoSL clubs (including Bo'ness) could meet the required standard for the award of an Entry Licence.  

5 hours ago, Robert James said:

I'm not sure if either Eyemouth or Duns would consider themselves ready for a season playing in EoSL conferences.

That’s my thinking also. I’ve never heard anything about Duns, they’re currently looking for promotion out the BA B league. I personally never thought when they came into EOS a few years ago it would be sustainable and it wasn’t. Things may have changed though, the facilities are certainly worthy of EOS

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Take it you've not heard anything about Eyemouth returning?

There’s a debate going on now about where Eyemouth would return too. Just my personal opinion but I think BA would be a better start up, although I’d obviously prefer EOS. I just can’t see EU with the finances and potential players with the appetite. The junior set up is good here, so it’s important to have an adult team. Some teams in the region struggle for players on a Saturday, it’s becoming more difficult with each year

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

That’s my thinking also. I’ve never heard anything about Duns, they’re currently looking for promotion out the BA B league. I personally never thought when they came into EOS a few years ago it would be sustainable and it wasn’t. Things may have changed though, the facilities are certainly worthy of EOS

There’s a debate going on now about where Eyemouth would return too. Just my personal opinion but I think BA would be a better start up, although I’d obviously prefer EOS. I just can’t see EU with the finances and potential players with the appetite. The junior set up is good here, so it’s important to have an adult team. Some teams in the region struggle for players on a Saturday, it’s becoming more difficult with each year

Thank you for your club's update. I was sorry when you dropped out of the EoSL. Best wishes for a future return....somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Thank you for your club's update. I was sorry when you dropped out of the EoSL. Best wishes for a future return....somewhere.

Just to say I don’t speak for the club RJ 😂 

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT

It has been a hard decision to make after the events of Tuesday`s East Region Junior meeting but the Club have decided to resign from the East Region at the end of the current season and Kennoway Star Hearts will be applying to East Of Scotland League for season 2020/2021.

More comment to follow.

3 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

The situation in the borders is difficult, you have a few teams with very good facilities which other regions don’t have at amateur level  but there is a continual fight to find enough quality players.   There is a few players in border ams that could step up to EoS put you’d probably need to get them all together from a bunch of different clubs, a very difficult thing to pull off.  I know a couple playing in the A league, but how on Earth to you convince them to try EoS? Playing for the village team, with their mates and no consequences for a bad game or missing a few training sessions or only being available for half the games, sure you can try and sell the increased professionalism and a chance to maybe impress enough to find themselves a bigger side but without the option to pay wages it’s still too big of an ask to be taking on journeys to fife etc for Eyemouth or duns is there anything to offer these guys that Coldstream or tweedmouth can’t?  Even the clubs who have ended up paying players struggled to get local guys and end up with the Lothian players  coming in, which comes with its own problems of locals not feeling like it’s a community club.

For me it does seem there’s enough clubs who can’t feel completely comfortable at either local amateur (too big) or region wide semi-pro(too small) for which there is a market for a south EoS division that suits them.   If I was on the Eyemouth committee then joining border ams would be the first step and hopefully with a successful few years and competing in the A league you would have a settled EoS with regional divisions that would be a settled home.