New clubs in the East of Scotland

22 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Sadly so.

The vote was overwhelmingly in favour of First and Second, but narrowly in favour of 2021-22 and not next season.

Disappointing as only 1 guaranteed promotion spot per Conference next season, makes it that bit harder to attract sponsors and players.

Just need to try and stay up.

Looking at something like this then (assuming a large number of juniors join if not then just Conference A and B)

2020-21

Premier - 16

Conference A - 10+

Conference B  - 10+

Conference C - 10+

2021-22

Premier - 16 (including 3 champions of conferences and potentially a 2nd placed team)

First - 16 (three teams from Premier + 2nd-5th in each conference and one 6th placed team)

Second - either one division of up to 16 or regional divisions of 10+

Any indication of how they will decide on splitting the teams up in the conferences?

Edited by stanley

6 minutes ago, stanley said:

Looking at something like this then (assuming a large number of juniors join if not then just Conference A and B)

2020-21

Premier - 16

Conference A - 10+

Conference B  - 10+

Conference C - 10+

Conferences aren't really that popular with players, there are too many nothing games and only 1 auto promotion spot up for grabs.

They were supposed to be a single season solution and now we're faced with a third season.  Perhaps the only consolation is that clubs would - like the first season - have a line to aim for to at least get into the First Division. However they want to play in the Premier, and next season will be even harder to win a Conference with the expected new clubs in the mix.

Short sighted IMO, but that's what the majority voted for. The decision should have been made much much earlier and implemented for next season.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Conferences aren't really that popular with players, there are too many nothing games and only 1 auto promotion spot up for grabs.

They were supposed to be a single season solution and now we're faced with a third season.  Perhaps the only consolation is that clubs would - like the first season - have a line to aim for to at least get into the First Division. However they want to play in the Premier, and next season will be even harder to win a Conference with the expected new clubs in the mix.

Short sighted IMO, but that's what the majority voted for. The decision should have been made much much earlier and implemented for next season.

I think the EOS have been as organised as they can be given they didnt know (and still don't know) how many clubs will be playing in their leagues. I've seen some really daft suggestions on here of going 16 14 11. Who wants to play in an 11 team league if it can be avoided?

I think the EOS have been as organised as they can be given they didnt know (and still don't know) how many clubs will be playing in their leagues. I've seen some really daft suggestions on here of going 16 14 11. Who wants to play in an 11 team league if it can be avoided?

An 11 team league with 2 or 3 promotion spots is a tad better than a Conference with 1. There would have been more than 11 anyway.

Immaterial now.

This one promotion spot per conference argument for next season is very dubious. Being in the top five in each conference will result in playing in one of the two higher divisions the following season, so there will be plenty for most teams to play for most of the way through to the end.
Of course it's not "dubious", clubs and players want to play in the Premier.

46 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

An 11 team league with 2 or 3 promotion spots is a tad better than a Conference with 1. There would have been more than 11 anyway.

Immaterial now.

Presumably the conferences will be seeded so that will help a little.

Seems clubs voted 2:1 for Divisional football and an extremely close vote to start it 21/22 season instead of 20/21.

Its all to play for next season to get set into that 1st Division 

In the grand scale of things 3 years at conferences will be reflected as fair and a just way to have done it.

Hopefully now all the East Juniors come onboard now.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

2020-21

Premier - 16

Conference A - 10+

Conference B  - 10+

Conference C - 10+

Shame that we are going for Conferences again for 2020/21. I note the concern that others have made that there may only be one promotion place per conference.  In this respect I suggest that the fourth from last club in the Premier along with the 3 second place clubs in the conferences should play-off for the final place in the 2021/22 Premier.  This will give teams something extra to play for. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Shame that we are going for Conferences again for 2020/21. I note the concern that others have made that there may only be one promotion place per conference.  In this respect I suggest that the fourth from last club in the Premier along with the 3 second place clubs in the conferences should play-off for the final place in the 2021/22 Premier.  This will give teams something extra to play for. What do you think?

That leaves the possibility of 5/16 going down from the prem which would be too many.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This one promotion spot per conference argument for next season is very dubious. Being in the top five in each conference will result in playing in one of the two higher divisions the following season, so there will be plenty for most teams to play for most of the way through to the end.

As usual he is only arsed about Blackburn. Drawbridge pulled up behind them would be his preference. 

Seems clubs voted 2:1 for Divisional football and an extremely close vote to start it 21/22 season instead of 20/21.
In the grand scale of things 3 years at conferences will be reflected as fair and a just way to have done it.

Fair for whom?

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
28 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Fair for whom?

Everybody, why would it not be fair,if your good enough to be in that 1st Division then that's were you will land at the end of the day,technically speaking everyone is in the 1st Division albiet conferences.

It has been voted on and by the looks it has been something clubs gave some thought to as the Divisional vote was a land slide compared to Conference start date , I would like to think that this is an indication of how fair the process has been viewed.

Edited by Kemlin Dan

So I looked back on when I started doing tables last year. It was almost exactly a year ago I started the Mathematical Certainty thread back then.

10 of the 39 were guaranteed to be in the EoS First Division. 4 were guaranteed EoS Premier Division football. You could kind of guess who was going where. Blackburn were maybe the only surprise from this point on.

image.png.5b25c8cd24b5890e442f3a703c244e05.png

image.png.c48b7f95bc9c6733609d2d6cadffa01b.png

image.png.7a865515c6a5d7c54df009358d8e44a8.png

Its going to take a lot more clubs to apply for there to be 3 Conferences of course. So we'll see how it goes.

Everybody, why would it not be fair,if your good enough to be in that 1st Division then that's were you will land at the end of the day,technically speaking everyone is in the 1st Division albiet conferences.
It has been voted on and by the looks it has been something clubs gave some thought to as the Divisional vote was a land slide compared to Conferences , I would like to think that this is an indication of how fair the process has been viewed.
You said 3 seasons of Conferences is fair, to whom is it fair?

No complaints about the process, it's a democratic decision by clubs afterall, although it should have been decided months ago.