New clubs in the East of Scotland

42 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That's because hes telling the truth unlike ur alias long time lurker

I think he's agreeing with G4Mac, Alan.......

G4 hit the nail on the head, out of the 4 "suggestions", there really is only one which isn't just a re-hash of the ERJFA coming into the Pyramid as a rival league, and that is the West coming in alone.   As we have said for long enough, there is no reason why that can't happen whilst the "Tayside/Boundary" question is resolved.

I can see the West coming in for next season, and more south of the Tay ERJFA clubs moving to the EoS.  We may get to the point where the ERJFA solely consists of Tayside clubs through natural attrition.

8 hours ago, manofthematch said:

Here duncan aka yer old username drs give it a rest been doing my box in for months reading this as a non member with this fake a support bens pish .
Nobody at bens knows you i've asked and you only ever comment on east region or odd west game ye go to.

Do everyone a favour and stick to the cricket.

😂

You've seriously gone and asked people if they know someone from the internet. That has to be a wind up.

Edited by Jason King

On 03/01/2020 at 09:55, Burnie_man said:

I think he's agreeing with G4Mac, Alan.......

G4 hit the nail on the head, out of the 4 "suggestions", there really is only one which isn't just a re-hash of the ERJFA coming into the Pyramid as a rival league, and that is the West coming in alone.   As we have said for long enough, there is no reason why that can't happen whilst the "Tayside/Boundary" question is resolved.

I can see the West coming in for next season, and more south of the Tay ERJFA clubs moving to the EoS.  We may get to the point where the ERJFA solely consists of Tayside clubs through natural attrition.

Good news if your assessment is correct.

Is the meeting (now) on the 14th Jan, a West club's meeting only, or a WRJFA management committee meeting? Will the PWG be at this meeting ? 

I regularly attend Tayside junior games, which won't come as a surprise to many people here.  From discussions I've had with different people, of different clubs, it's pretty clear that Tayside clubs can't join the EOS if they wanted to. At least one club enquired and they were told it's not possible. So claiming any different is disingenuous. Definitely not all people I know in the Tayside juniors (far from it) are pro-pyramid or supportive of a move to the EOS should it be possible, so whether or not there would be a Tayside exodus remains to be seen, but that's not the point as the possibility to move to the EOS is definitely not there at the moment.

Obviously I want a solution for Tayside as I'm pro-pyramid and following a Tayside team, but currently it's complex. Personally I'd support a 3 region tier 5 if the West juniors come on board as well, but I know the difficulties...

56 minutes ago, Marten said:

I regularly attend Tayside junior games, which won't come as a surprise to many people here.  From discussions I've had with different people, of different clubs, it's pretty clear that Tayside clubs can't join the EOS if they wanted to. At least one club enquired and they were told it's not possible. So claiming any different is disingenuous. Definitely not all people I know in the Tayside juniors (far from it) are pro-pyramid or supportive of a move to the EOS should it be possible, so whether or not there would be a Tayside exodus remains to be seen, but that's not the point as the possibility to move to the EOS is definitely not there at the moment.

Obviously I want a solution for Tayside as I'm pro-pyramid and following a Tayside team, but currently it's complex. Personally I'd support a 3 region tier 5 if the West juniors come on board as well, but I know the difficulties...

It's a funny thing as we're only talking about 16 clubs. 15 if Luncarty were allowed some sort of dispensation.

1 hour ago, HendersonDelivers said:

4 amature teams from le&fa have applied.

Wouldn't surprise me. Last few years there's been plenty of rumours around amateurs and youth clubs. The only one to be successful of late has been Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts. The applications either haven't materialised or they've not met the criteria.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Well reading the leafa thread in the amateur sub-forum, they'll stroll the conferences in the EOS league.:lol:

That thread really is something else. It was dead for a month and a half and suddenly kicked back into life on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Wouldn't surprise me....

Big question mark would be having a suitable ground and suspect nobody will find that as easy as Hillfield Swifts did in future. What would make this interesting to watch is if certain West Lothian towns that still have junior clubs but no EoS team are involved. 

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Big question mark would be having a suitable ground and suspect nobody will find that as easy as Hillfield Swifts did in future. What would make this interesting to watch is if certain West Lothian towns that still have junior clubs but no EoS team are involved. 

Some of the names floated around trying to get Craigroyston's ground would be ones to keep any eye on.

Then I guess if any of these amateurs has a youth side to it would be other likely candidates. That has been the typical example so far. Think it was just St Bernard's that got floated that didn't have much behind it, and many thought that was actually Musselburgh Windsor.

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm failry certain "4 LEAFA clubs joining EoS" is a pile of made-up nonsense.

I don't doubt that this might well stem from the trolling that's going back and forth in the LEAFA thread. At the same time there's been non-Juniors rumoured pretty much every year for the last few.

Glenrothes Strollers, Syngenta, Musselburgh Windsor, St Bernard's and ultimately Inverkeithing being the only one to become a reality.

Inverkeithing didnt have a team for few years, but fair play to them on getting it back up and running and pushing on from their amateur days

Wouldn't surprise me. Last few years there's been plenty of rumours around amateurs and youth clubs. The only one to be successful of late has been Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts. The applications either haven't materialised or they've not met the criteria.