New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 minute ago, snowball said:

You have summed up our problem exactly. Difficult to attract sponsors especially new ones. No mentionable support so little income costs increasing and our local vandals.

Hopefully something can be done to help us survive

It's sad to see, and I hope there is a solution to stir interest.

43 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
53 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
I suppose Craigroyston are in the difficult position of being in a big city, representing no identifiable area of it, and little if any support whilst at the same time having to deal with increasing costs, and sadly vandalism.  Perhaps a move into the Amateur leagues would be an option, it's a great surface at St.Marks.

Assuming Craigroyston don't resurface in the LEAFA Leith Athletic could take up residence as Warriston is closer to Leith than their current ground out in Riccarton.

Do Leith not play at Peffermill and Heriot Watt play at Riccarton?

21 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Its guys like Youngy (had manys a run in wi him over the years but great banter) and the committee that you have to feel for as well. Guys that have served the club very well for many years. Sad to hear this news. I hope they can sort something.

Your not the only one to have had run ins with Youngie

I'd argue the main reason for the English league allocating one direct relegation (and then adding a second about a decade or so back) was less to do with the quality of the conference and more to do with the difficulty of clubs returning. When it was the original dross who went down they weren't missed but when clubs like Grimsby, Stockport, Wrexham, Cambridge, etc. started dropping down and finding it difficult to return that's when the League 2 clubs realised if they went down they could spend years down there.

With no offence meant to East Stirling, Elgin, Montrose or Berwick they've spent most of the last decade milling around the bottom half of the bottom league. When a coupla teams like Arbroath, Brechin, Stranraer or Alloa find themselves relegated, or regularly close to it over a period of time, the fear of being trapped in the Lowland/Highland league will see promotion/relegation opened up.

Just came to laugh at the Arbroath being relegated statement

4 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

I don’t want to go through 87 pages (50 per page) to find out if it has been spoken about, if Talbot and Cumnock were to apply to be senior, where would they end up? SoS? Straight to LL?

The expectation is that the current West Juniors will move en-masse into the Pyramid for next season. Maybe.

I don’t want to go through 87 pages (50 per page) to find out if it has been spoken about, if Talbot and Cumnock were to apply to be senior, where would they end up? SoS? Straight to LL?
Wos league at tier 6 below the Lowland league. Sitting alongside the eos Premier league.

5 hours ago, RaithTheRover said:

Cumnock and Petershill have licensing applications in and will hopefully be able to get their SFA associate memberships without having to leave the west region, since the SJFA are alleged to be proposing to the pyramid working group that the west region can now join next season without having to wait for the east and north regions' status to get sorted out.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Looking forward to seeing the likes off Auchinleck playing in Lowland league cup, Scottish Senior Cup and South Challenge cup. Basically that would be it for them if West of Scotland remain under SJFA rule?

Not necessarily. In the same ways that LL clubs compete in EoS and SoS competitions, any former Junior league club might be able to compete in West Region competitions. Probably not the Junior Scottish Cup due to the fixture congestion, but the West of Scotland Cup, Evening Times and Sectional Cups could still be possible.

And I imagine once "Junior" clubs start getting promoted to the Lowland League there will be discussion over the South Challenge Cup and Junior Scottish Cup. That discussion might well take years for any change of course.

Looking forward to seeing the likes of Auchinleck playing in Lowland league cup, Scottish Senior Cup and South Challenge cup. Basically that would be it for them if West of Scotland remain under SJFA rule?
The SJFA would effectively have nothing to do in relation to the West. They don't do registrations, they won't do discipline, there won't be reinstatement. The league board/committee will handle the local cups and admin.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/09/2019 at 10:43, gwd440 said:

Yes, I missed out the NCL.  Its all hypothetical at the moment as there are no clubs in NCL, NRJFA or Tayside (apart from BoD) that could be promoted.  Maybe in the future these leagues would need to have some play-off system to decide who goes up.  The way things currently stand, this would be a pyramid structure in name only, but can be in place for when it is needed. 

The East situation is the one that needs more urgent attention imo.

I agree.  Any idea who the two East Junior clubs are, who are rumoured (on the junior forum) to be applying ) to join the EoSL for next season ?

Also, Golspie Sutherland (NCL) have obtained planning permission (Nov 2019) to erect floodlights at St Georges Park. This would make them eligible for HFL membership.....if they decided to apply ?.

4 hours ago, Robert James said:

I agree.  Any idea who the two East Junior clubs are, who are rumoured (on the junior forum) to be applying ) to join the EoSL for next season ?

Also, Golspie Sutherland (NCL) have obtained planning permission (Nov 2019) to erect floodlights at St Georges Park. This would make them eligible for HFL membership.....if they decided to apply ?.

Fauldhouse have a meeting so potentially them.