New clubs in the East of Scotland

Cant remember who it was on here that said maybe the EOS league should be doing due  diligence on clubs and that Sygenta might be a better fit for the league than Glenrothes.

Greenies from hibee I do not follow as Gogsy has this incorrect.

Strollers I felt were a better fit for the eos.

Not surprised the Falkirk stalker then pops up with more moronic pish [emoji106]

Give it 5 minutes for a bite.

Unlucky three minutes  [emoji6]

Still not admitting you made a right James Hunt of yourself with your comments about Glenrothes

I thought Glens were in big trouble Gogsy.

They could hardly field 11 all last season.

Still quite a few trialists looking at yesterday's team.

There undoubtedly were some behind the scenes problems. Even you will not deny that.

I will be happy for them to do well this season and make me eat my words.

Happy as ever to chat with yourself. Just prefer to avoid the other halfwit.

I was somewhat surprised Syngenta got into the juniors as I know the strollers were physically checked and audited before rejection. No idea how Syngentas facilities passed.

I thought Glens were in big trouble Gogsy.They could hardly field 11 all last season.
There undoubtedly were some behind the scenes problems. Even you will not deny that.

I was somewhat surprised Syngenta got into the juniors as I know the strollers were physically checked and audited before rejection. No idea how Syngentas facilities passed.

When they applied to the Juniors had they not already arranged to play at Dunipace?

42 minutes ago, John S said:
54 minutes ago, superbigal said:
I thought Glens were in big trouble Gogsy.They could hardly field 11 all last season.

When they applied to the Juniors had they not already arranged to play at Dunipace?

Yes they had

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

I thought Glens were in big trouble Gogsy.

They could hardly field 11 all last season.

Coldstream also struggled for a team. Average age of the backline was 17 years old! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2019 at 00:07, Hertz1874 said:

Coldstream also struggled for a team. Average age of the backline was 17 years old! 

So far in EoS :

Coldstream  4  -  0  Stirling Uni (EoS)

Coldstream  1  -  5  Tynecastle

Glenrothes  6  -  0  Coldstream  

Easthouses Lily  0  -  1  Coldstream

diverse results, but not too bad surely ?

5 hours ago, Robert James said:

So far in EoS :

Coldstream  4  -  0  Stirling Uni (EoS)

Coldstream  1  -  5  Tynecastle

Glenrothes  6  -  0  Coldstream  

Easthouses Lily  0  -  1  Coldstream

diverse results, but not too bad surely ?

I'm not there, average results.

Expected a comfortable win against Easthouses after being pumped in the Scottish. Interesting to see how they fair until Xmas.

Is anyone else finding that more than a year on people still can't get to grips with the EOS set up and what's happened in the last 15 months!

On Saturday I was asked if Saints are in "either of the Scottishes", someone else asked if the Junior Cup draw had been made and who we'd got and at the end of the 90 minutes the Dunbar tannoy announcer declared that the game was going straight to penalties despite the fact that every cup competition has extra time. 

Maybe I've just no patience.

22 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Is anyone else finding that more than a year on people still can't get to grips with the EOS set up and what's happened in the last 15 months!

On Saturday I was asked if Saints are in "either of the Scottishes", someone else asked if the Junior Cup draw had been made and who we'd got and at the end of the 90 minutes the Dunbar tannoy announcer declared that the game was going straight to penalties despite the fact that every cup competition has extra time. 

Maybe I've just no patience.

Get those floodlights installed then you can tell people you're in the Scottish 😋 I've also seen with it being called the "Premier League" not Division. Perhaps the EoS need to circulate a reminder to all the clubs.

57 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Had a little go at a pyramid earlier, which is basically cobbling together all existing leagues. Apologies for the appalling MS Paint Job.

Maybe as a setup for next season but long term it should be this:

SPFL [42]

Lowland League [16] (two down)

EOS Premier Division [16] / West Premiership [16] (automatic promotion for both)

EOS First Division [16] / West Championship [16]

EOS Second Division North [14] + South [14] / West League One [16]

(links to amateur leagues below) / West League Two North [16] + South [16] (SoS teams go in at this level, Bonnyton and Braves moved north, Maybole and Lugar go south)

Edited by Ginaro

34 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Had a little go at a pyramid earlier, which is basically cobbling together all existing leagues. Apologies for the appalling MS Paint Job.
ScottishPyramid.thumb.png.1796c66bf6adb0c6798f5512a15a6c25.png

That's basically how I would have the initial set up. Nice graphic by the way, as it's certainly a lot better than what I can do!

50 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

ERJFA coming into Pyramid alongside EoS aint going to happen I'm afraid.

I don't see that as the ERJFA coming in alongside the EoS. I see it more as a year one on a fictionalised pyramid where everyone's managed to agree to sign up for it. Who knows what year two would look like.

Right now and for the forseeable nobody knows what a South of Tay Junior club is signing up for if they were to apply for the EoSFL. Which differs from last year when it was at least known you would be below a 16 team EoS Premier Division.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't see that as the ERJFA coming in alongside the EoS. I see it more as a year one on a fictionalised pyramid where everyone's managed to agree to sign up for it. Who knows what year two would look like.

Right now and for the forseeable nobody knows what a South of Tay Junior club is signing up for if they were to apply for the EoSFL. Which differs from last year when it was at least known you would be below a 16 team EoS Premier Division.

If you join the EoSFL next year you will be below the Premier, not really much of a mystery.  It may well continue with another season of tier 7 Conferences, or it may well revert to a First Division at that level with a tier 8 below.  I suspect we'll have a clear idea long before any application deadline.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If you join the EoSFL next year you will be below the Premier, not really much of a mystery.  It may well continue with another season of tier 7 Conferences, or it may well revert to a First Division at that level with a tier 8 below.  I suspect we'll have a clear idea long before any application deadline.

The PWG is potentially starting up again soon and the EoS deadline for applications is at the end of March. A proposal that sees the South Super and South Premier sit alongside a EoS First and Second division keeps the promotion and relegation races in both set ups intact for the 2019-20. It also gives the EoS First Division clubs the target of finishing in the top half of their conference.

In 2020-21 you can even arrange inter-league games between EoS First v. South Super and EoS Second v. South Premier to pad out the league games. Then do a proper merger for 2021-22.

The PWG is potentially starting up again soon and the EoS deadline for applications is at the end of March. A proposal that sees the South Super and South Premier sit alongside a EoS First and Second division keeps the promotion and relegation races in both set ups intact for the 2019-20. It also gives the EoS First Division clubs the target of finishing in the top half of their conference.

In 2020-21 you can even arrange inter-league games between EoS First v. South Super and EoS Second v. South Premier to pad out the league games. Then do a proper merger for 2021-22.

Not sure too many EoS clubs below the Premier will welcome the ERJFA clubs sauntering into the Pyramid at the same level as them in their own league and under the auspices of the SJFA. EoS is the sitting senior league in the region and if Junior clubs want to move into the Pyramid then they join, just like Glenrothes and Kinnoull this season. They have had ample opportunities.

That was a red line at PWG as we have discussed for the last 12 months, and personally I doubt that stance will change.

I also doubt most of the ERJFA clubs are that bothered.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Not sure too many EoS clubs below the Premier will welcome the ERJFA clubs sauntering into the Pyramid at the same level as them in their own league and under the auspices of the SJFA. EoS is the sitting senior league in the region and if Junior clubs want to move into the Pyramid then they join, just like Glenrothes and Kinnoull this season. They have had ample opportunities.

That was a red line at PWG as we have discussed for the last 12 months, and personally I doubt that stance will change.

I also doubt most of the ERJFA clubs are that bothered.

Key difference in accepting the premise where the Tayside clubs join the pyramid under the HL, the HL/LL boundary changes to allow Scone & Tayport stay Tayside, Inter-league play between divisions and everyone signing up to the pyramid.

You think the SJFA and ERJFA still exist after all those moves.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Key difference in accepting the premise where the Tayside clubs join the pyramid under the HL, the HL/LL boundary changes to allow Scone & Tayport stay Tayside, Inter-league play between divisions and everyone signing up to the pyramid.

You think the SJFA and ERJFA still exist after all those moves.

Yes, because that is what they currently want, and you won't be seeing the SJFA sign away their existence anytime soon.

It's clear what the Junior clubs south of the Tay need to do if they want access to the Pyramid, and it's not as if they don't know it.  If they don't want it en-masse then they stay Junior as is their right,  and we see a gradual flow of Fife and WL clubs moving across, maybe one or two a season until the critical point is reached a few years down the line.  The re-invigoration of Glenrothes and Crossgates will make a few more Fife clubs take notice.

That situation could be replicated in the west if there is little progress, and clubs who want to move forward agitate for a new WoSFL to get going to give them the opportunity.  Those who don't want it remain Junior and don't hold back those who do.

If there's anything we have learned so far, there will be no major structural changes, no big agreements that all parties sign up to.  In my opinion the most likely scenario is death by a thousands cuts to the SJFA if and when an independent WoSFL is set-up.

18 minutes ago, Anychance said:

don't think you can run another 2 conference leagues next season

having a league 1 and league 2 under the premier with promotion and relegation would be more exciting

Personally I agree, it's time to move to a standard league structure with new applicants joining at the bottom.

This season you have 24 clubs fighting over only 3 promotion spots.  Move next season to a First Division where you can have 3 up/down between that and Premier, and then 3 up/down between that and a Second, 12 clubs in each.  Plenty to play for.  Widen out the First to 16 clubs eventually if more clubs join the Second, and as time goes on regionalise the Second if the numbers are there.

Also, a Second division would be a more attractive prospect for the likes of Eyemouth to return to, a slightly easier environment to build the club up again.

Decision required soon though.