New clubs in the East of Scotland

It has been said in the Junior forum that it's not a Dunblane amateur side playing out of Sauchie that's applying for the ERJFA, but Sauchie CFC. If true that's now 3 affiliated EoS clubs propping up the East Region.

It’s the old Dunblane thistle amateur manager who’s taking the team.

On 14/06/2019 at 13:28, honestman54 said:

at last! Now for the answers to the next stage.

Sad for Whitehill, but the right decision in the end. Best wishes to the Rose for next season.

Also very sad about Eyemouth's demise. A club with a long tradition.  Welcome to Kinnoull, in their place.

Edited by Robert James
typo

"Unfortunately we have been left with no choice but to accept the promotion of Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic"
That's a bit strong isn't it[emoji6]
[emoji23] I must have missed that bit! [emoji6]

On 10/06/2019 at 20:46, FairWeatherFan said:

Noticed this on the EoS Facebook page. Doesn't mention the subject to ground check and reads as a done deal that we all probably assumed.

Looking ahead, the EoSL structure for 2019/20 is imaginative, and  watching some  of the matches will be very interesting.

The Premier Division structure (16 clubs) will be very competitive, and it is difficult to predict who will be the champion club, now that Bonnyrigg have been promoted to the Lowland. Whitehill may struggle, and a mid-table position might be the best they can expect. I hope that they have a successful campaign.

The 'all-in' First Division, comprised of 24 clubs, is even more difficult to predict, especially as I understand it, clubs will be expected to play 34 league games next season. Quite a challenge. This is more than the 30 league matches, Lowland clubs are required to play each season. There were differences in the strength of the 3 conferences last season, and betting odds on the 3 clubs who will be promoted, should be 'interesting'.  Also, the addition of Glenrothes and Kinnoull from the Juniors, increases the unpredictability of the First Division, as well as providing a few extra local derbies.  

Eyemouth's demise, like that of Selkirk, is disappointing not only for their own supporters, but also because I enjoyed visiting both of their grounds (and towns).  A loss of 2 Border clubs is a shame, as I don't think their return to senior football, will be soon. I hope that I am wrong.

Also nine extra EoSL clubs (including promoted Bonnyrigg) have recently become SFA members,thereby enabling them to enter the Scottish Cup.

2019/20 promises to be a very exciting/rewarding season for the EoSL clubs.  It is hardly surprising that none of the ex-Juniors who joined the East of Scotland League last season, decided to return to 'the grade'. 

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

The 'all-in' First Division, comprised of 24 clubs, is even more difficult to predict, especially as I understand it, clubs will be expected to play 34 league games next season. Quite a challenge. This is more than the 30 league matches, Lowland clubs are required to play each season. There were differences in the strength of the 3 conferences last season, and betting odds on the 3 clubs who will be promoted, should be 'interesting'.  Also, the addition of Glenrothes and Kinnoull from the Juniors, increases the unpredictability of the First Division, as well as providing a few extra local derbies.  

Eyemouth's demise, like that of Selkirk, is disappointing not only for their own supporters, but also because I enjoyed visiting both of their grounds (and towns).  A loss of 2 Border clubs is a shame, as I don't think their return to senior football, will be soon. I hope that I am wrong.

Also nine extra EoSL clubs (including promoted Bonnyrigg) have recently become SFA members,thereby enabling them to enter the Scottish Cup.

Worth recalling that Lowland League has to finish on April 18th - whereas the EOSL First Division is able to play on a full month longer ending on May 16th.

Camelon have also qualified for the Scottish Cup.

From what I hear Eyemouth hope to assemble a new side next year and promote from their youth setup. Duns said the same (and had amateurs) but they've not thrown-in-the-towel, tbf.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

From what I hear Eyemouth hope to assemble a new side next year and promote from their youth setup. Duns said the same (and had amateurs) but they've not thrown-in-the-towel, tbf.

I think one or the other would be the sensible option... f**k it just get Chirnside in there instead, better than them both anyway ❤️:whistle

Serious question though... Were Duns EoS playing at Gavinton? Never seemed like an ideal place tbh

I think one or the other would be the sensible option... f**k it just get Chirnside in there instead, better than them both anyway [emoji173]️:whistle
Serious question though... Were Duns EoS playing at Gavinton? Never seemed like an ideal place tbh
Played at New Hawthorn Park. I assume the ammies are also playing there currently.

Wow, they done a good job! I went to the school there before they moved across the road too, decent pitch then. The ammies and the school team used to play at Gavinton when I was there but it was a shocking pitch and miles away from anything

EDIT: That pitch they’re at now used to be the hockey pitch, and that tree in the background of the bottom pic... well if it could tell a story n that :whistle

Edited by Spyro

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Worth recalling that Lowland League has to finish on April 18th - whereas the EOSL First Division is able to play on a full month longer ending on May 16th.

Camelon have also qualified for the Scottish Cup.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Spyro said:

I think one or the other would be the sensible option... f**k it just get Chirnside in there instead, better than them both anyway ❤️:whistle

The Scottish Football Association : Official List Of Clubs and Colours 1967-68   shows that all 3 Border clubs mentioned above, were SFA Members during the Sixties. The details stated by the SFA were :

*Chirnside United         Comrades Park

**Duns                                  Hawthorn Park

**Eyemouth United         ground :   blank entry in SFA Handbook:  shown as "Playing Fields" in the EoSFA  Handbook.

NB * Associate Member club   ** Full Member clubs

Chirnside played in the Scottish Cup several times. Always lost. They once hosted Third Lanark.

Herbert Chapman was their honorary president. His son worked at the mill - splitting his recreation between the 'Papermakers' and Kelso RFC.

There was a day in the 1950s when Berwick, Coldstream and Duns hosted Ayr, Raith and Aberdeen respectively in the Scottish Cup.

Edited by HibeeJibee

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Chirnside played in the Scottish Cup several times. Always lost. They once hosted Third Lanark.

Herbert Chapman was their honorary president. His son worked at the mill - splitting his recreation between the 'Papermakers' and Kelso RFC.

There was a day in the 1950s when Berwick, Coldstream and Duns hosted Ayr, Raith and Aberdeen respectively in the Scottish Cup.

1954, Coldstream 1 - 10 Raith Rovers, this is Rovers record highest win to date.