New clubs in the East of Scotland

"well run trusted organisation" - let's see what Maxwell and Petrie do about the assurance Greenhorn gave them during the earlier discussions that the EOS would not accept Clubs after 31 March 19 !!!

What a first post! Why would the SFA have any interest in whether a league decides to accept new members after an arbitary date the league themselves set?

What a first post! Why would the SFA have any interest in whether a league decides to accept new members after an arbitary date the league themselves set? 

Random users spreading ‘in the know’ info that is absolute shite is creeping up recently.

That misinformation campaign is still on by the SJFA.

37 minutes ago, Ephesus said:

Up to you to believe what you want. The assurance was given by him.

Did the ERSJFA not have a notice on their website advertising for new members and talking about tier 6 entry in 2019-20 even after it had become clear it wasn't happening? If they were doing that how can anyone reasonably complain about the EoS doing much the same and accepting a late applicant?  Beyond that I would have thought it should have become clear to all by now after the board directive patter from Tom Johnston turned out to be unenforceable that Ian Maxwell doesn't actually have much in the way of power where the pyramid is concerned and that change has to happen by consensus rather than diktat from above. That puts the league that is already on board in the east in the driving seat in terms of leverage during negotiations, because they hold an effective veto over what happens while the SJFA does not because they didn't engage with the pro/rel process to and from the Lowland League when it started.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Let's not forget that the SJFA still haven't admitted any new members for next season even though there are a few applicants. I'd say it's very unlikely for all of them to be tuned down now...

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Random users spreading ‘in the know’ info that is absolute shite is creeping up recently.

That misinformation campaign is still on by the SJFA.

And folk like you who make uninformed comments because it doesn't fit your agenda or opinion. Like the other individual earlier - entirely up to you what you believe.

Assurance was given by Greenhorn at PWG meeting. I believe to try and prevent the same situation as last year which has led to much of the ill feeling particularly when supposed talks were ongoing. 

And folk like you who make uninformed comments because it doesn't fit your agenda or opinion. Like the other individual earlier - entirely up to you what you believe.
Assurance was given by Greenhorn at PWG meeting. I believe to try and prevent the same situation as last year which has led to much of the ill feeling particularly when supposed talks were ongoing. 
I refer you back to my previous post, so what?

The members of the EoS decided to admit an applicant club. It's entirely in their power to decide and nobody else's. Same as last year.

The situation last year was because clubs wanted to move, nobody forced them. Are you seriously saying they should have been stopped from doing so?

You sound like a bitter Junior blazer.

12 minutes ago, Ephesus said:

Would of been beneficial if you'd said so earlier. After the March 31st deadline the EoS left the application advert up for while, then they even changed it by removing the deadline date. During all the subsequent discussions on the EoS extending the application deadline, I don't recall anyone saying Greenhorn had made any sort of assurance.

You really would of thought someone during that month or more time period would of went "No, no, no that's not allowed!" :bairn

Would of been beneficial if you'd said so earlier. After the March 31st deadline the EoS left the application advert up for while, then they even changed it by removing the deadline date. During all the subsequent discussions on the EoS extending the application deadline, I don't recall anyone saying Greenhorn had made any sort of assurance.
You really would of thought someone during that month or more time period would of went "No, no, no that's not allowed!" :bairn
None of the minuted PWG meetings mention any such assurance and anyway, I'm sure JG would have known it's not in his power to provide such a cast iron assurance.

However, to repeat, so what? If a club wants to leave their league and join another, even after an arbitary date has passed, it has nothing to do with anyone but the club themselves and the league they want to join.

Perhaps the EoS should set next seasons date as the day before AGM, or better still not set one at all.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

None of the minuted PWG meetings mention any such assurance and anyway, I'm sure JG would have known it's not in his power to provide such a cast iron assurance.

However, to repeat, so what? If a club wants to leave their league and join another, even after an arbitary date has passed, it has nothing to do with anyone but the club themselves and the league they want to join.

Perhaps the EoS should set next seasons date as the day before AGM, or better still not set one at all.

The Highland League rule for applying for membership. If it's good enough for them

image.png.e17fc8d2e00326c8a626c3d1f83370a4.png

Aye it is entirely up to me who to believe , and who I believe will be based on their past, and the past history of SJFA authorities like TJ and locheeboy(where is he btw, completely disappeared since the EoS EGM) is of complete lies to suit themselves.

Meanwhile the EoS has been the best run organisation in Scotland. Greenhorn is fallible but he’s in charge of by far the best run organisation in Scottish football.

Place your bets on who’s honest...

45 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye it is entirely up to me who to believe , and who I believe will be based on their past, and the past history of SJFA authorities like TJ and locheeboy(where is he btw, completely disappeared since the EoS EGM) is of complete lies to suit themselves.

Meanwhile the EoS has been the best run organisation in Scotland. Greenhorn is fallible but he’s in charge of by far the best run organisation in Scottish football.

Place your bets on who’s honest...

If you want to put your tin hats on. Locheeboy last visited 2 hours ago, Ephesus joined 2 hours ago.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

East Junior F.a. told had to be one league went on to two leagues. and still not had the meeting to vote in clubsand have let Singenta F.c. put in a form. Lowland F.a. let any clubs put in to  Selkirk F. c. place up to the end. Highland F.a. went out to Banks of dee F. c. AND South F.a. took Edu Sports last week after Annan went . Scottish F.a. still no said if be Bonnyrigg Rose F. c. or Whitehull F. c. for Lowland F.a. Why would be ONE RULE for East F. a. and ONE Rule for rest!!!!

???

18 minutes ago, Dennis Smith said:

East Junior F.a. told had to be one league went on to two leagues. and still not had the meeting to vote in clubsand have let Singenta F.c. put in a form. Lowland F.a. let any clubs put in to  Selkirk F. c. place up to the end. Highland F.a. went out to Banks of dee F. c. AND South F.a. took Edu Sports last week after Annan went . Scottish F.a. still no said if be Bonnyrigg Rose F. c. or Whitehull F. c. for Lowland F.a. Why would be ONE RULE for East F. a. and ONE Rule for rest!!!!

Dennis put the beer back in the fridge and get tae bed.

Pardon?

10 hours ago, Dennis Smith said:

FFS Donald Trump has started posting on P&B

I have absolutely no doubt that's whats going to happen. Canny mind what thread I said it on.

I would've accepted relegation had it been confirmed at the end of last season based on the Berwick scenario alone but to have us hanging on and no statements made from anywhere after the season end and up till now it has turned into being something absolutely shambolic.

Given the blazers effectively being clueless tadgers, unfit for purpose and effectively making it up as they go along; I think Bonnyrigg will very much feel like they’ve never left the Juniors.

This whining about Kinnoull being admitted late... would they have thought it sensible for the EOS to play with a vacancy, while there's an applicant club who wanted the spot? The junior season hasn't even finished yet so it's not like it's any skin off their nose.

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Doubt the hypothetical fates of Luncarty or Scone were even thought of when it was fixed as a latitude line not river itself.

As the old saying has it: "only 3 men ever understood the Schleswig-Holstein Question"...

This is why the world needs more nerds. As soon as that line was made public, I was straight on the OS maps to see how it affected various clubs. I thought it was interesting that Luncarty is highland, but Oban is lowland. It's probably true that those who decided on the line never thought about what it meant west of Dundee.