New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Ffs... Really? You felt it necessary to search through these posts (I haven't seen you post here before) to pull me up for saying gents instead of folks. Dear, dear me.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I meant no offence to anyone when I used the word gents instead of folks and hope that no one has been offended by me using the word gents instead of folks, particularly if one of the original posters was in fact a female poster. All views are my own.

Happy now? Does that meet your posting standards? Any other helpful life hints and tips?

I have posted before here but not often because the club I support isn't in the EoS.

But I do think the EoS forum is the most interesting  on P&B.

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I wonder what kind of fanfare we will see though  ?

Will it be announced as congratulations Bonnyrigg we've bent over backwards for ye setting new precedents or a low key affair with the fact they've rightly been stamping their feet spitting dummies oot prams ? 

Meanwhile up in Rosewell commisserations gtf and thanks for bending over and dropping yer kegs tae yer ankles allowing all this to happen :thumsup2

When the inevitable happens I somehow don't think we've heard the last of this ?  

Whitehill Welfare should have been announced as relegated when Berwick were confirmed as relegated into the Lowland League, one in, one out. At that time they could have announced that they were free to re-apply in the vacant 16th spot.

The league decided 15th was considered bottom when Selkirk resigned, a vote triggered by WW was supported by fellow clubs at a league meeting but rejected by the sfa as it was too late to change the rules as they were in place for months previous with no challenge.

Whitehill having not been relegated yet is very generous to them considering bottom is relegated and a club came down from the spfl to replace them. 16th doesn’t exist for relegation purposes this season, in fact the “to maintain a membership of 16” should be “to maintain a membership of 15” this season if 15th is bottom!

43 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Whitehill Welfare should have been announced as relegated when Berwick were confirmed as relegated into the Lowland League, one in, one out. At that time they could have announced that they were free to re-apply in the vacant 16th spot.

The league decided 15th was considered bottom when Selkirk resigned, a vote triggered by WW was supported by fellow clubs at a league meeting but rejected by the sfa as it was too late to change the rules as they were in place for months previous with no challenge.

Whitehill having not been relegated yet is very generous to them considering bottom is relegated and a club came down from the spfl to replace them. 16th doesn’t exist for relegation purposes this season, in fact the “to maintain a membership of 16” should be “to maintain a membership of 15” this season if 15th is bottom!

Which is basically what I said on another thread. 

Screenshot_20190605-205757_Samsung Internet.jpg

So nothing confirmed until the 12th then? Very harsh on Whitehill to be honest. However this situation isn't Bonnyrigg doing, it's the sfa. They gave no period to adjust and blindly wne t with a one size fits all approach.... Which was never going to work.

I do largely agree with you. I also think WW should have been down already. First of all, I think there should be 2 relegation spots from the LL anyway, so 15th would then be relegation regardless of Selkirk/Berwick/Bonnyrigg etc. Also, in my opinion the highest placed eligible EOS side should be promoted even if they didn't win the league (possibly with the caveat that they should have finished in the top 3), which would mean Penicuik would be in the LL if Bonnyrigg don't get their license. I've got absolutely nothing against WW, but this is what would be a fair structure in my opinion.

Having said that, the rules are as they are, despite me not agreeing with them. Whitehill Welfare have every reason to feel aggrieved. Yes, so do Bonnyrigg for other reasons, but the point is that both clubs need certainty and need to know what division to plan for. This is all down to the SFA's incompetence and neither club can be blamed for this shambles.

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
2 hours ago, the tin man said:
The rose 100 percent up now news filtering through

SFA have awarded them their licence?

Guess the basis for confidence would be that they know a visit by licensing officers  to check out the floodlights went well.

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Would the LL teams that are in the EOS no need represented at the EOS agm as well  ? 

LL AGM was definitely Monday.

EOS FA & EOSL AGMs are tomorrow (officially separate bodies - SPFL/LL clubs might attend first if they can be bothered).

8 hours ago, stulch said:

I did mention in my previous posts in regards to strengthening as to where they would be playing. Felt they gave up the ghost, but now with a reprieve purse strings maybe opened further.

Edited by Hertz1874

1 minute ago, non_sequitur said:

Kinnoull in for next year Eyemouth sitting it oot

Interesting, a second Perth team in the EOS. Shame about Eyemouth though, I hope they will return.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Interesting, a second Perth team in the EOS. Shame about Eyemouth though, I hope they will return.

4 minutes ago, non_sequitur said:

That's sad to hear as much as the conferences received praise you dont want clubs pulling out. :(

10 minutes ago, non_sequitur said:

That's unfortunate about Eyemouth. Was really hoping this could of been a bit of a turnaround with some of the bigger team shifted up to the Premier.

Kinnoull is certainly a surprise though!

I was going to say it's not like Kinnoull would be making a move like this with an eye on licensing. And I very much doubt that's their primary reason especially with how late this has all come about.

However, a quick check shows that they are listed as having floodlights on NonLeagueScotland. While there are other licensing hurdles to jump through with them not having any cover listed. Floodlights are obviously seen as the big ticket item that would usually hinder a club's ambitions.