New clubs in the East of Scotland

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Can't see it being anyone else from West Lothian,as Burnie said it's like Ayrshire,loyalty and staunchness to the grade.

I personally know some of the Whitburn committee and you would have to drag them kicking and screaming to the pyramid,Bathgate likewise.

So the paying fans of Whitburn and bathgate.dont have a say in what happens to those clubs ?. It's ma baw and IL decide.

48 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

So the paying fans of Whitburn and bathgate.dont have a say in what happens to those clubs ?. It's ma baw and IL decide.

Lithgie,its aw about the committee men,they think they're God's.......in reality they haven't got a clue!!

5 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I think the nail has been hit squarely on the head here - it would appear that the parochial nature of those who hold the majority sway in the committees of each of the remaining Junior clubs in West Lothian will win the day for a second time. If the chance of making the move to the EoSFL isn't taken this time around and Tier 7 football inside a professional and outward looking organisation secured in doing so then it'll only be Tier 8 football open to them when the opportunity next arises. Continuing to accept deliberate misinformation and incompetence from their own league and association, demonstrably deliberate misinformation and incompetence, makes me wonder if anyone inside these committees has their eye on the ball.

If what has been achieved by Broxburn Athletic and by Blackburn United in terms of EoSFL Premier League and Scottish Cup football next season isn't an enormous pointer in the direction that these remaining West Lothian clubs really should and need to be taking then more fool them indeed.

I think it must have been about this time last year when all the dominos in the east seemed to be toppling towards EoS I was at a Fauldhouse match asking friends there about their plans. There was little awareness of what was happening or understanding of the consequences for those remaining Junior and little interest in finding out more. As disappointing as that was/is I do respect that it is the club's committee's responsibility to take the club forward as they see fit.

1 hour ago, PastyMan said:

I think it must have been about this time last year when all the dominos in the east seemed to be toppling towards EoS I was at a Fauldhouse match asking friends there about their plans. There was little awareness of what was happening or understanding of the consequences for those remaining Junior and little interest in finding out more. As disappointing as that was/is I do respect that it is the club's committee's responsibility to take the club forward as they see fit.

Whilst I agree with this, I think they are burying there head in the sand.  Broxburn used to sign ex Juniors now they are looking at EOS teams to recruit plus develop more of their own.

one thing I will say for all the old EOS teams I saw last year is they had a number of promising youngsters.

Junior football in the east will die slowly if they continue down the path they are going. No real big teams left.  Standard will drop even further making it less attractive for younger players and the spiral will continue down. As will attendances and money , but costs will increase to retain what they have.

Plus the West Region will drop them if they get what they want which no one appears to object too.

i maybe wrong but that’s my gut feeling.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The EoSFL have given every chance for a number of Junior sides to make the switch. Decisions have to be made about the format for next season so the Welcome Mat had to disappear at some stage.

Totally agree and that's why I felt it worthwhile noting. As mentioned elsewhere today there's quite a few permutations they've got to start thinking about and focus on with their AGM probably around 3 weeks away.

Bathgate have no interest in the East Junior Superleague never mind the EOS, they have a good pitch and good terraced area and they have floodlights, but the committee are more than happy to play in the south division against the likes of Stoneyburn etc, no disrespect to them. 

Its generally a good club but they are getting left miles behind by the likes of Blackburn, who are now a bigger club, former Bathgate captain Stoogs now at Blackburn and i wouldn't be surprised if Feeney and Dalrymple were next.  

1 hour ago, pie n beans said:

...Its generally a good club but they are getting left miles behind by the likes of Blackburn,...

A few committee members shouldn't be all powerful on this, if there's a wider club membership and well attended AGMs where issues like this can get properly discussed and voted on.

Syngenta are apparently trying for the juniors after being knocked back by the EoS.

May be correct but just enquiring I think.. The strollers most certainly did enquire and their facilities were checked out.

14 minutes ago, superbigal said:

May be correct but not getting in.

The strollers most certainly did apply and their facilities were checked out. Application denied but possibility of reapplying. Suspect eos still preference.

At least in defence of the juniors it does show they will not let any Tom dick and harry in even though they could do with more members.

In my view, Glenrothes Strollers should have given a written guarantee about enclosing the main pitch, for completion by 1st August 2019.  Apparently they didn't (?).

When reapplying next year, the club officials  need to turn up at the meeting,, having first ensured that their fencing has already been completed to 'facilitate'  EoSL entry in 2020/21.

On 18/05/2019 at 13:33, pie n beans said:

Bathgate have no interest in the East Junior Superleague never mind the EOS, they have a good pitch and good terraced area and they have floodlights, but the committee are more than happy to play in the south division against the likes of Stoneyburn etc, no disrespect to them. 

Its generally a good club but they are getting left miles behind by the likes of Blackburn, who are now a bigger club, former Bathgate captain Stoogs now at Blackburn and i wouldn't be surprised if Feeney and Dalrymple were next.  

As far as I'm aware both players mentioned are signed Bathgate players, I'm not aware of any offer from Blackburn but who knows, every player (no matter what club they're at) has a price.

Bathgate are the ones that really surprise me. They have the set-up in place to get licenced, they already have lights, big cover, a great pitch, also are associated with a larger community club.

Why they are content where they are truly baffles me.

Was speaking to a mate yesterday who’s on the Rosyth committee and asked him when they were coming over to the EOS. He said they couldn’t afford the £2k to which I replied that was only for the license, and it was only about £100 annually to join. Then the wee rusty wheels in my brain started turning and I sort of recalled some sort of bond which was refundable, maybe after 2 years. Is this right?

No, your first instinct was right, it's about £100 a year to be a member, another £100 for the 20's, and for that you get match balls, training balls, all the insurances required plus a host of other things.

£2k is to apply for the licence, which you don't need for EoS.

Whoever has told then it was £2k to join the EoS was at it.

Was speaking to a mate yesterday who’s on the Rosyth committee and asked him when they were coming over to the EOS. He said they couldn’t afford the £2k to which I replied that was only for the license, and it was only about £100 annually to join. Then the wee rusty wheels in my brain started turning and I sort of recalled some sort of bond which was refundable, maybe after 2 years. Is this right?

Not that I recall. Think the SoS had a bone but not the EoS. Good to know these sort of conversations are taking place, helps tear apart the disinformation being spread by SJFA.

No, your first instinct was right, it's about £100 a year to be a member, another £100 for the 20's, and for that you get match balls, training balls, all the insurances required plus a host of other things.

£2k is to apply for the licence, which you don't need for EoS.

Whoever has told then it was £2k to join the EoS was at it.

It’s a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately there’s a long list here of those that are ‘at it’ and spreading the lies.