New clubs in the East of Scotland

Examples might be taken from Step 7 Leagues (Levell 11) in England.

Interesting if you can you give some examples?

AM soccer can be added to the 'expressed interest, but ultimately didn't join' list

This so called development division is interesting but IMO best for it to be it's own league within the pyramid(tier 9?) probably needs to wait until the junior issues are ironed out. I wonder how much the management committee can help assist clubs, they have done a fantastic job with just about everything, I just wonder how much more they can take on.

On strollers/Peebles. There has always been an issue in football that new entries are always held to a higher standard than those that got in under more lenient rules and haven't kept up. However I can't help but feel strollers have massively shot themselves in the foot by not sending a rep.

The EoS is seeing the biggest range in terms of facilities as well as playing standards it's seen, perhaps this time next year with the structure a bit more permanent there can be different criteria for the different divisions?

If there was a merger and the EoS ended up with enough clubs to run the old ERJFA setup of 16-16-14/14 then you could relax the requirements for clubs in the two regional divisions which would be at tier 8.

Ideally you would then have connections from tier 8 to all the amateur leagues to finish the pyramid, though I'm not knowledgable about how player contracts/registration works if say an EoS team was to be relegated into an amateur league, presumably it would need to be streamlined like in England.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

AM soccer can be added to the 'expressed interest, but ultimately didn't join' list

This so called development division is interesting but IMO best for it to be it's own league within the pyramid(tier 9?) probably needs to wait until the junior issues are ironed out. I wonder how much the management committee can help assist clubs, they have done a fantastic job with just about everything, I just wonder how much more they can take on.

On strollers/Peebles. There has always been an issue in football that new entries are always held to a higher standard than those that got in under more lenient rules and haven't kept up. However I can't help but feel strollers have massively shot themselves in the foot by not sending a rep.

The EoS is seeing the biggest range in terms of facilities as well as playing standards it's seen, perhaps this time next year with the structure a bit more permanent there can be different criteria for the different divisions?

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Good idea. There are different standards, at different tiers in the English pyramid.

Peebles said at the time they secured funding for the fence that this was a requirement to stay in the EoS. I think there will definitely be pressure on the public park teams to get their own houses in order

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

If there was a merger and the EoS ended up with enough clubs to run the old ERJFA setup of 16-16-14/14 then you could relax the requirements for clubs in the two regional divisions which would be at tier 8.

Ideally you would then have connections from tier 8 to all the amateur leagues to finish the pyramid, though I'm not knowledgable about how player contracts/registration works if say an EoS team was to be relegated into an amateur league, presumably it would need to be streamlined like in England.

Agreed, tier 8 would be a good level to lower the requirements to give teams a chance to start getting up the senior ladder while still improving their facilities. As long as they do work towards making the ground enclosed that should be enough imo.

51 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Peebles said at the time they secured funding for the fence that this was a requirement to stay in the EoS. I think there will definitely be pressure on the public park teams to get their own houses in order

As far as I can remember, the fencing problem for Peebles was raised before on here, and someone posted to say that their plan is to erect fencing at the start of each season, and remove them before the following cricket season starts.        (Was this a windup, or did I imagine it, after a few drams too many ?)

However, I understand that Peebles longer term ambition, is to move to a new ground.

Edited by Robert James

Our registration system is a fucking mess, many countries have all players signing the same form, why do we need 3? The divides it creates are stupid.

Word on the street is Glenrothes Juniors would have folded by now too if it weren’t for stealing young players from the strollers. 

What Absolute rubbish , they had a few players as trailist to help out and gain experience but no stealing involved there no strollers players at the glens

47 minutes ago, COYG said:

What Absolute rubbish , they had a few players as trailist to help out and gain experience but no stealing involved there no strollers players at the glens

Is he talking about the Strollers under 20s side moving to the Glens which I believe was likely to happen?

7 hours ago, COYG said:

The glens are starting up there own under 20’s I believe

My understanding was that there was to be a meeting to discuss the oldest Strollers team moving en masse to the juniors.

This is partly what prompted the strollers to apply to the EOS.

My understanding was that there was to be a meeting to discuss the oldest Strollers team moving en masse to the juniors.

Thsts just Chinese whispers , as far as I am aware they are starting up there own 20’s team next season as per there announcement

20 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

I have had similar thoughts today.  To build up the numbers the top Amateur clubs in the East might be invited to participate.  Pitches initially would just be roped off and perhaps clubs could participate in the Scottish Amateur Cup.

Basically the Development Division could incubate future Senior Clubs and the EoSFL Management could perhaps help facilitate and help iron out problems to enable progression.

Examples might be taken from Step 7 Leagues (Levell 11) in England.

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Hellenic League Division Two East
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/254/

Hellenic League Division Two West
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/255/

Southern Combination League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/78/

Spartan South Midlands League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/74/

Midland Football League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/216/

Midland Football League Division Three
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/217/

West Midlands (Regional) League Division One
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/83/

West Midlands (Regional) League Division Two
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/155/

Wearside Football League - Durham and Wearside Development Division
https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/251/

A mix of examples are provided above.  As would be expected some Senior Leagues such as the Hellenic are catering for Reserves and Development sides as well as First Teams.

If the EoSFL decided to go down the route of creating an Amateur / Development Division only those clubs meeting the set criteria would be eligible for promotion to the Senior League (Tier 7 or 8 dependent on structure?). A big bonus would be that a Pyramid could be created with relegation to the District Amateur leagues and promotion of champions in the opposite direction.

Something I am sure HibeeJibee & Co could achieve if it was felt that it would be a move in the right direction.

Edited by Pyramidic

On 03/05/2019 at 15:39, LongTimeLurker said:
On 04/05/2019 at 07:05, patriot1 said:

Another surprising absence who were sometimes rumoured to be doing it last year were Bathgate Thistle (they could probably get licensed very easily even with the floodlight requirement tacked on) and they now have Blackburn playing EoS premier almost on their doorstep next season, who they probably view as a smaller club that should be in their shadow.

Also Blackburn will be playing in the Scottish Cup next season, which might unsettle Bathgate's junior status ?.

Patriot's post seems to contradict announcements from both Glenrothes Strollers and Syngenta, that they intend to reapply to join the EoSL next year.

Also Blackburn will be playing in the Scottish Cup next season, which might unsettle Bathgate's junior status ?.

They've had two chances now and only three have moved. I can't see any others moving unless there is a deal, they don't want to be seen as "traitors" which I believe is still an oft used term in ERJFA circles.

The fact we are now in the Premier and licenced probably makes no difference. More fool them.

46 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

To be honest, West Lothian clubs on the whole are fairly parochial, it's like Ayrshire with regards go "loyalty to the grade".

They've had two chances now and only three have moved. I can't see any others moving unless there is a deal, they don't want to be seen as "traitors" which I believe is still an oft used term in ERJFA circles.

The fact we are now in the Premier and licenced probably makes no difference. More fool them.

Yep, and congratulations to your club.

A poster has stated twice that another EJFA club is considering a late EoS application, and that it isn't a Fife/Tayside club.  Any thoughts ? 

Can't see it being anyone else from West Lothian,as Burnie said it's like Ayrshire,loyalty and staunchness to the grade.

I personally know some of the Whitburn committee and you would have to drag them kicking and screaming to the pyramid,Bathgate likewise.

22 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yep, and congratulations to your club.

A poster has stated twice that another EJFA club is considering a late EoS application, and that it isn't a Fife/Tayside club.  Any thoughts ? 

Thanks.

My thoughts are there will be no more applications, however there is an EoS board meeting tonight so I guess we'll find out more at some point soon.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

To be honest, West Lothian clubs on the whole are fairly parochial, it's like Ayrshire with regards go "loyalty to the grade".

I think the nail has been hit squarely on the head here - it would appear that the parochial nature of those who hold the majority sway in the committees of each of the remaining Junior clubs in West Lothian will win the day for a second time. If the chance of making the move to the EoSFL isn't taken this time around and Tier 7 football inside a professional and outward looking organisation secured in doing so then it'll only be Tier 8 football open to them when the opportunity next arises. Continuing to accept deliberate misinformation and incompetence from their own league and association, demonstrably deliberate misinformation and incompetence, makes me wonder if anyone inside these committees has their eye on the ball.

If what has been achieved by Broxburn Athletic and by Blackburn United in terms of EoSFL Premier League and Scottish Cup football next season isn't an enormous pointer in the direction that these remaining West Lothian clubs really should and need to be taking then more fool them indeed.

22 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I think the nail has been hit squarely on the head here - it would appear that the parochial nature of those who hold the majority sway in the committees of each of the remaining Junior clubs in West Lothian will win the day for a second time. If the chance of making the move to the EoSFL isn't taken this time around and Tier 7 football inside a professional and outward looking organisation secured in doing so then it'll only be Tier 8 football open to them when the opportunity next arises. Continuing to accept deliberate misinformation and incompetence from their own league and association, demonstrably deliberate misinformation and incompetence, makes me wonder if anyone inside these committees has their eye on the ball.

If what has been achieved by Broxburn Athletic and by Blackburn United in terms of EoSFL Premier League and Scottish Cup football next season isn't an enormous pointer in the direction that these remaining West Lothian clubs really should and need to be taking then more fool them indeed.

But according to Fauldhouse manager they get told everything fron ersjfa. Glad he stayed where he was