New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did he actually say that?

There is a bit in the January minutes that can be read that way:

AR mentioned that the contentious matter was Tayside. That would be where the East clubs would have an objection. JG clarified that rather than Tayside, another East league would be the issue. There were already East leagues and there could be no room for another one. AR said that the Pyramid must be extended to north of the Tay and the West as there was a gap there.

TJ said that the SJFA has Tayside and West Lothian clubs and he would not be willing to tell them that they had to join the EOS FA to progress. TJ said that the matter had already been agreed by the Scottish FA Board and that AR and JG were going over old ground. The decision has been made at Scottish FA Board level and it has to be agreed how it will work. It cannot be changed or challenged at this stage.

IM suggested that the appetite from clubs for the Pyramid could change over time. Clubs who are not interested at the moment could be interested in the future. It was the purpose of this working group to make the Pyramid work.

AR declared that there would be objections from the East. IM asked if the fundamental objection was the geography issue. There was a general discussion regarding the 25 clubs leaving the SJFA at the end of Season 2017/2018 and joining the East of Scotland and who was responsible for that. IM stated that consultation was not a one way street and that communication from EOS FA surrounding the process could have been better.

Was there any talk during the egm of extending the application process this year?
I don't think so. I guess the process would be if there was a request between now and the AGM to join, that the board would have to decide whether to allow it and then put it to the membership at agm. From memory that is how they did it last year.

18 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Was there any talk during the egm of extending the application process this year?

I don't think so. I guess the process would be if there was a request between now and the AGM to join, that the board would have to decide whether to allow it and then put it to the membership at agm. From memory that is how they did it last year.

I guess if anything it could open the door to Syngenta and Glenrothes Strollers to try and resolve their issues and give it another go. Think it was the Strollers that didn't have a rep at the meeting to answer how they'd resolve their particular issues, so in their case it could be something manageable. Unlike Syngenta who were scrambling for a venue.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I guess if anything it could open the door to Syngenta and Glenrothes Strollers to try and resolve their issues and give it another go. Think it was the Strollers that didn't have a rep at the meeting to answer how they'd resolve their particular issues, so in their case it could be something manageable. Unlike Syngenta who were scrambling for a venue.

If they didn’t have a rep I think it tells you a lot 

Think Syngenta have shut up shop on the idea. The manager left after the decision the other day.

9 minutes ago, TheLad said:
11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Think Syngenta have shut up shop on the idea. The manager left after the decision the other day.

Putting the manager and I believe an u20 coach in place is one of the reasons I thought they might try again this year. If that's all fell apart already then obviously not.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Putting the manager and I believe an u20 coach in place is one of the reasons I thought they might try again this year. If that's all fell apart already then obviously not.

You would think that level of preparation they would have had their house in order regarding what was needed to gain entry, scrambling around for a venue in the last week of the EGM after failing to relize that the 2 previous venues fell short, saying that blagging the Grangemouth Stadium as a viable option with out proper research and jumping into making big appointments before researching LK would be suitable says it all for me on Syngenta.

Looked to be a blind application and trying to put bandages over everything to get their way in failed and rightly so.

Just now, Hertz1874 said:

So, the seasons 'almost' finished.

And we still don't know the exact format for next season. 2 leagues of 18? 

Or are we definately having 16 in the top tier.

EoS Premier of 16 as has always been the plan. Ideally below will be 2x Conferences of 12. But what comes below the EoS Premier is dependent on how the play-offs and licensing goes.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, Hertz1874 said:
So, the seasons 'almost' finished.

And we still don't know the exact format for next season. 2 leagues of 18? 
Or are we definately having 16 in the top tier.

Yes we do, it was decided a year ago!

So any new applicants who get or are accepted go into the lowest tier. Due to 'missing' the boat.

42 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

So any new applicants who get or are accepted go into the lowest tier. Due to 'missing' the boat.

"missing the boat" if you hung onto the dreams of Juniors then yes you missed the boat and will go where you belong Tier 7. There is a mixture of clubs who decided to stay out the pyramid and ones who missed the boat by not following their own destiny and leaving it to others to make that choice for them.

48 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

Only in the same sense that everyone went into the "lowest tier" this season.

They're holding off going to three divisions without regionalisation so that anyone who wants to join this season can come in at tier 7, along with everyone else who didn't make the Premier League. That's why they're having parallel conferences again. They could have gone to three divisions at tiers 6,7,8 and invited any newcomers to join at 8, but instead they are selflessly risking getting bumped straight down to tier 8 next season by inviting all comers.

I think what you're doing here is best described as "leading with your jaw."

I'm not interested in a debate, I'm just querying as to why there is yet to be clear clarification from the league itself on the path it will take.
There is.

Top league of 16 and conferences at Teir 7 beneath it.

As has been said, that's been known since the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Hertz1874 said:

I'm not interested in a debate, I'm just querying as to why there is yet to be clear clarification from the league itself on the path it will take.

Do you want a roadmap. They've already said what it'll be they won't know exact number of teams till agm

Ersjfa don't know what they're  doing either and the west don't even know when they are going to start