New clubs in the East of Scotland

49 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Correct. Syngenta have "access issues" with Grangemouth stadium so contacted Dunipace this week to agree a groundshare. Not surprisingly that wasn't enough to bring them in to the EOS. Strollers Overstenton Park didn't meet EOS standards which surprised me. Whenever I pass it looks quite good but that's just a glimpse while driving so i'll need to stop off for a proper look.

I feel particularly sorry for Glenrothes Strollers.  They took a number of proactive steps well ahead ahead of the EoS deadline.  They have an excellent infrastructure (number and diversity of teams),  their ground has the potential to comply with some 'modest' upgrades, and they did go public about applying for senior status. (By comparison, Syngenta didn't go public as far as I am aware).

Also, the town is large enough for 2 rival clubs, IMO. I hope that they apply again next year.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

I feel particularly sorry for Glenrothes Strollers.  They took a number of proactive steps well ahead ahead of the EoS deadline.  They have an excellent infrastructure (number and diversity of teams),  their ground has the potential to comply with some 'modest' upgrades, and they did go public about applying for senior status. (By comparison, Syngenta didn't go public as far as I am aware).

Also, the town is large enough for 2 rival clubs, IMO. I hope that they apply again next year.

Syngenta publicly declared their intention last summer, that's how everyone knew they were applying. It's a bit damning that they've had the better part of a year and couldn't get the ground situation sorted. Hopefully they'll be back as well.

Although as it's been suggested maybe both the Strollers and Sygenta will try to get into the East Region if only for next season to get things set up and running.

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Apparently they didn't send any delegate to speak at the meeting, the other two clubs did.  There was no plan of what they were going to do to enclose ground sufficiently to meet requirements.

Syngenta had no plans as they don't own LK they just lease it, there was always going to be issues on who was getting LK up to standards due to it being leased, I believe there is no plans and was never any plans from Syngenta to get LK sorted which was a concern for EOS.

Over the course Syngenta made very little efforts to get into EOS considering they applied in July 2018. The Grangemouth Stadium was a half baked attempt knowing the athletics situation for 6 months of the year(saying to EOS that it wasn't an issue)would prevent them playing there and they decided to play dumb,they then offer Dunipace a share for a season with no plans to move out of it for the 2nd season.

Syngenta applied to EOS like they do with everything else thinking they were dealing with youth set ups and could blag their way in. Not the kind of teams we want in the league in my opinion, 10 months to get work carried out or negotiated with LK owners should have been their priority so they could have presented a real application that showed intent to move forward.

Ok wrong terminology from me LK have built an astro with syngenta getting a 25 year lease. A terrace is in the pipeline but not till the pylons come down in the grounds and your right it's LK that own it, they do seem to do things rather different and think they are big fish.

https://www.eosfl.com/

Entry Criteria and Application Forms for membership of the East of Scotland Football Association and the East of Scotland Football League can be accessed here and here and when complete should be submitted to -

leaguesecretary@eastofscotlandfa.co.uk

PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP.

The EoS league website still seems to be encouraging membership applications with no mention of March 31st any more.

Entry Criteria and Application Forms for membership of the East of Scotland Football Association and the East of Scotland Football League can be accessed here and here and when complete should be submitted to -
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP.

The EoS league website still seems to be encouraging membership applications with no mention of March 31st any more.
Maybe putting feelers out for interest from east juniors due to what came out after Thursdays meeting

38 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I hadn't noticed that they'd taken the date away. As they keep the site pretty up to date, it's a rather intentional move. Seems strange that in all the news from Thursday's meeting there wasn't any sort of announcement that they'd extended membership applications.

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I hadn't noticed that they'd taken the date away. As they keep the site pretty up to date, it's a rather intentional move. Seems strange that in all the news from Thursday's meeting there wasn't any sort of announcement that they'd extended membership applications.

Wasn’t one of the SJFA criticisms that the EOS had “poached” the ERJFA clubs last year. 

Maybe they’re wanting to keep the door open but leave it low key so no one can accuse them of being too aggressive in recruiting clubs.

Wasn’t one of the SJFA criticisms that the EOS had “poached” the ERJFA clubs last year. 
Maybe they’re wanting to keep the door open but leave it low key so no one can accuse them of being too aggressive in recruiting clubs.
That was a Maxwell line iirc. Utterly bizzare as the EOS have never approached any clubs rather clubs have approached the EOS in order to apply.

Are there any East Juniors who would be prevented from being accepted by the EoS due to the ground criteria? Apart from Thornton of course, but they could do the same as Inverkeithing whilst they get the planning sorted.

Even if true - this would only be another failing of the Juniors - that clubs with long histories in the junior grade still felt compelled to move over staying.

Even as an opponent of the pyramid I couldn't argue a case to stay.

52 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
56 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

That was a Maxwell line iirc. Utterly bizzare as the EOS have never approached any clubs rather clubs have approached the EOS in order to apply.

Did he actually say that?