New clubs in the East of Scotland

Ignoring Mr Petrie for the moment, did all three new clubs get accepted into the EoS for next season ?
The EoS will inform the clubs in question and it will be in those clubs gift to communicate.

Not something anyone should be putting on here, sorry, sure you understand. [emoji106]

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

All I can say at this stage is that of the 3 applicants, not everyone was accepted.  The EoS quite rightly want to inform clubs first.

They have.  Glenrothes Juniors have been elected into the EoS for next season.

7 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Did they go to the wrong school or not have the correct handshake ?

Very funny.   They didn't meet the required criteria...... this year.

From Facebook:

Glenrothes Juniors

6 t · Latest news!!

Glenrothes Football Club can confirm that the club have been accepted as a member off the East of Scotland FA effective from the 2019-2020 season.
We look forward to the new challenge and would like to thank the East of Scotland FA clubs for accepting Glenrothes Football Club to their association.

No surprises on one of the applications being refused as pointed out on various previous posts as to why they wouldn't get in.

Fair play, I personally didn't see that one coming, but there were things I was unaware of.

Interesting to see where they go next, given they Appointed a senior manager, assistant and under 20's manager 9 months ago and those guys have been prepping for the season in the EoS and LL apparently.

Given that Glenrothes Juniors have confirmed some hours ago that they have been accepted as members, I think it’s fair to assume that all three clubs have now been contacted.

Neither Glenrothes Strollers nor Syngenta FC were accepted, both due to concerns over their grounds.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Given that Glenrothes Juniors have confirmed some hours ago that they have been accepted as members, I think it’s fair to assume that all three clubs have now been contacted.

Neither Glenrothes Strollers nor Syngenta FC were accepted, both due to concerns over their grounds.

Correct. Syngenta have "access issues" with Grangemouth stadium so contacted Dunipace this week to agree a groundshare. Not surprisingly that wasn't enough to bring them in to the EOS. Strollers Overstenton Park didn't meet EOS standards which surprised me. Whenever I pass it looks quite good but that's just a glimpse while driving so i'll need to stop off for a proper look.

8 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Correct. Syngenta have "access issues" with Grangemouth stadium so contacted Dunipace this week to agree a groundshare. Not surprisingly that wasn't enough to bring them in to the EOS. Strollers Overstenton Park didn't meet EOS standards which surprised me. Whenever I pass it looks quite good but that's just a glimpse while driving so i'll need to stop off for a proper look.

Pity about Syngenta but if they are all over the place with trying to get a ground then no surprise.  Maybe Little Kerse will be upto scratch next year for another try.

15 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Strollers Overstenton Park didn't meet EOS standards which surprised me. Whenever I pass it looks quite good but that's just a glimpse while driving so i'll need to stop off for a proper look.

There's a pavilion and rail around the pitch but don't think it's enclosed, though that brings us back to Inverkeithing's facilities...

Maybe if they were applying next season for tier 8 then the EoS would be more lenient? Could also be the fact their application seemed to just be in response to Glenrothes applying, and their amateur team folded during this season.