New clubs in the East of Scotland

Next years Conferences will bring yet another full season of something to play for past Christmas for many many teams, this year has undoubtedly been very good considering right until the last games of the season there is all to play for, the 5 teams promotion has been good for Club,players and fans right to the last leg of the leagues. This years set-up has kept things interesting and in my opinion promoted non-league football for all.

Hopefully the way forward in season 2020/2021 will be Tier 7 and Tier 8 set up with healthy promotion/relegation in place. 

14 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Next years Conferences will bring yet another full season of something to play for past Christmas for many many teams, this year has undoubtedly been very good considering right until the last games of the season there is all to play for, the 5 teams promotion has been good for Club,players and fans right to the last leg of the leagues. This years set-up has kept things interesting and in my opinion promoted non-league football for all.

Hopefully the way forward in season 2020/2021 will be Tier 7 and Tier 8 set up with healthy promotion/relegation in place. 

Like this year I would also have a Championship play-off between the Conference A & B winners. The runners-up in Conference A & B could also have a play-off for a 3rd promotion spot.

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Like this year I would also have a Championship play-off between the Conference A & B winners. The runners-up in Conference A & B could also have a play-off for a 3rd promotion spot.

Sounds like a good proposal by FWF, for one season only.

Also, are either of the Tier 5 champion clubs (East Kilbride and Cove Rangers) good enough to defeat Berwick Rangers or Albion Rovers in the Club 42 play-off final ?  So far, only Edinburgh City have won promotion since the tiers 5 & 6 pyramid play-offs were introduced ?

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Syngenta are apparently using Grangemouth Stadium next season. Them and the two Glenrothes clubs are the 3 new applicants.

I hope their applications are successful, as they will be strong additions to the EoSL, with good  club infrastructures, and facilities.  

Edited by Robert James
typo error

Syngenta are apparently using Grangemouth Stadium next season. Them and the two Glenrothes clubs are the 3 new applicants.
How far would Grangemouth Stadium be off of being compliant? I know it's not been used since Falkirk Juniors went under but can't have changed much since then & looks like it would be fine licensing wise to my eyes.

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It'll be interesting to see how Syngenta and the Strollers fare compared to IHS have done this year. IHS will have benefited greatly from some of their opponents this year, but they've averaged over 100 and have done well against the teams that will make up Tier 7 from their Conference. So they haven't look out of place.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

How far would Grangemouth Stadium be off of being compliant? I know it's not been used since Falkirk Juniors went under but can't have changed much since then & looks like it would be fine licensing wise to my eyes.

As in Licencing? no idea, I get the impression it's only temporary and they intend to develop Little Kerse, could be wrong though.

13 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

How far would Grangemouth Stadium be off of being compliant?

Has been mentioned as an option for East Stirling in an SPFL context, so probably very close. Also a much better location for drawing a walk up crowd locally from Grangemouth and by public transport from further afield.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It'll be interesting to see how Syngenta and the Strollers fare compared to IHS have done this year. IHS will have benefited greatly from some of their opponents this year, but they've averaged over 100 and have done well against the teams that will make up Tier 7 from their Conference. So they haven't look out of place.

Got cold early on in the season but have steadily improved and have an excellent youth set up.  I think the bottom 4 in Conference C are much better than their results suggest and will do well next year.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I think Syngenta and Glenrothes Juniors are almost certain, Strollers would depend on their ground I guess.

There doesn't appear to be a deadline for applying for the East Region. I wonder if either Syngenta or Strollers get rejected they might try and apply for the Juniors.

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There doesn't appear to be a deadline for applying for the East Region. I wonder if either Syngenta or Strollers get rejected they might try and apply for the Juniors.

I think it is unlikely that existing EoS clubs will reject any of them. I understand that EoS  Management visit applicants prior to publishing the names of applicants, and after doing so, advise clubs who don't meet the league standard, that they should 'not proceed', This was what happened with St Bernards last season, and possibly was the reason why Syngenta 'delayed' their formal application until now.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Also a much better location for drawing a walk up crowd locally from Grangemouth and by public transport from further afield.

:lol: Aye, that better location worked so well for Falkirk Juniors.

I've been to an athletics event there, it'll be an awful place to watch football as you are miles away from the pitch (also its one sided so any atmosphere generated will be lost)  and I didn't see any covered spaces for disabled fans, the toilets at the upper level were reeking and the seats were filthier than a weekend in Amsterdam with a hooker.

On the plus side it had a vending machine in the café (which was closed).

[emoji38] Aye, that better location worked so well for Falkirk Juniors.
I've been to an athletics event there, it'll be an awful place to watch football as you are miles away from the pitch (also its one sided so any atmosphere generated will be lost)  and I didn't see any covered spaces for disabled fans, the toilets at the upper level were reeking and the seats were filthier than a weekend in Amsterdam with a hooker.
Falkirk Juniors made the mistake of calling themselves Falkirk, I dont think any locals watched them and there was very little interest, any games I went to rarely had more than 30 people there. Syngenta would do well to include Grangemouth in their name and promote themselves as a Grangemouth senior club, do what Falkirk Juniors didn't.

As for the stadium, Falkirk Juniors sold hot drinks and pies from up the back of the stand, and you had a decent view of the game, but it was all pretty soulless. I'd be surprised if this is anything more than just a one season arrangement until Little Kerse is further developed.

26 minutes ago, Jason King said:

:lol: Aye, that better location worked so well for Falkirk Juniors.

I was basically going to say the same thing.but thought I'd see if anyone else thought the same way.:lol:

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

As for the stadium, Falkirk Juniors sold hot drinks and pies from up the back of the stand, and you had a decent view of the game, but it was all pretty soulless. I'd be surprised if this is anything more than just a one season arrangement until Little Kerse is further developed.

There's actually a club in the LL who don't do refreshments which took me by surprise when I visited recently. 

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Falkirk Juniors made the mistake of calling themselves Falkirk, I dont think any locals watched them and there was very little interest, any games I went to rarely had more than 30 people there. Syngenta would do well to include Grangemouth in their name and promote themselves as a Grangemouth senior club, do what Falkirk Juniors didn't.

They were also - if I recall correctly - more about a bunch of players playing Junior than being a club with any roots. Amateur at Junior so to speak, and look how it turned out... :whistle